Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,110 times

Advertisements

Joe Arpaio should run for Higher Office.If he came to California I'd vote for him.Most of his critics whine about what he's supposed to do, HIS job!!! Since when is a REAL sherrif supposed to wet nurse criminals?That's the ACLU's job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Maybe you can spend some time in his jail for jay walking or some other minor misdemeanor. One who got a two month sentence ended up dead.

Hopefully, he won't be "innocent for long". We have standards, even in prisons and jails - at least in the country, I live in.
If you do not break the law you do not go to jail.

I do not believe you go to jail for misdemeanors unless perhaps you are a habitual offender. Please provide a link where this dead prisoner was in jail for two months because of a misdemeanor.

Your link says nothing about the conviction of the sheriff and if he ever is, then I am sure he will have deserved it and will have to do his time as well.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Jan Brewer was not elected. As Secretary of State she automatically replaced Democrat Napolitano when she moved on to Washington. Let's see who's laughing on November 2, 2010.
Do you live in Arizona, Gary? Most of the voters there do live there. Did she write that law or was it from the legislature? I think you have joined in with others who seem to think that Arizonans who elected that legislature are going to allow themselves to be intimidated by people who haven't read the law. BTW how much of it have you read?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Brewer became governor because the previous governor left office to become Secretary of Homeland Security. Brewer seems scattered and weak to me. Not the kind of person that inspires confidence and competence.
Do you know that Napolitano is against the law and she hasn't even read it yet? Oh yeah.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
No, how utterly backwards of him.
Now you have explained why Arizonans can be considered stupid for re-electing Sheriff Joe. He is quite popular around there, except with illegals who are felons.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
WOW!!! World Nut Daily and Alex Jones as sources? LOL
Attack the messenger and head on down the road. Deflection of this type is the very best method of handling things that Alinsky had for his followers and you folks do it so well.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
How Patriotic of him - Yawn. Sorry to disappoint - we
weren't at War in Iraq in 1993 when he began his "Tent City" nor in 1996 when a retarded man died there who was arrested for trespassing. Having prisoners that are arrested for misdemeanors like shoplifters, ending up dead, is not something I'm impressed with. And neither should anyone else be.

New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Houston, for example, collectively housed more than 61,000 inmates per day. From 2002 through 2005, these same county jails had a combined 43 prison-conditions lawsuits filed against them in federal courts.

In the very same three-year time frame, despite housing a mere 9,200 prisoners per day, Sheriff Arpaio was the target of a staggering 2,150 lawsuits in U.S. District Court and hundreds more in Maricopa County courts.

His antics cost Arizona taxpayers money for all the lawsuits they have had to settle.

But I'll let you have your "hero". I think he is pathetic and
a sad excuse for a law enforcement officer. Simply criminal.
What part of the southwest do you live in? How many illegal aliens do you have to deal with every day? Is illegal entry a felony, or not?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Maybe you can spend some time in his jail for jay walking or some other minor misdemeanor. One who got a two month sentence ended up dead.

Hopefully, he won't be "innocent for long". We have standards, even in prisons and jails - at least in the country, I live in.
Ah, so you don't live in the southwestern part of the US. I was pretty sure you didn't.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:55 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,499,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

Go Jan! Tell the soft-ass pro-illegal liberal elitist feds where to stick it.

Arizona rocks!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
If you do not break the law you do not go to jail.

I do not believe you go to jail for misdemeanors unless perhaps you are a habitual offender. Please provide a link where this dead prisoner was in jail for two months because of a misdemeanor.

Your link says nothing about the conviction of the sheriff and if he ever is, then I am sure he will have deserved it and will have to do his time as well.
Here are some links:

Dead End - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times

Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Special Reports - Phoenix

» Racist Sheriff facing Federal grand jury - Blogger News Network
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies