Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:15 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
WOW!!! World Nut Daily and Alex Jones as sources? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,866 times
The Gov should be commended on her approach to a terrible situation. No more playing tiddly winks and hoping things change. Man, do I love a STRONG woman!

Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
If you don't know what my point is, you must have missed one of the criticisms the right has of President Obama.

The point is that you have no point. I haven't seen Brewer sans prompter but Barry....now that's a hoot.

YouTube - Obama, a complete idiot.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Brewer is a joke! But Arizona is not laughing. She'll get dropped like a rock in the next election.
Let the people of AZ decide for themselves.
You're best worrying about the condition of your own state...

Old 05-19-2010, 08:27 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
WOW!!! World Nut Daily and Alex Jones as sources? LOL
I said I was not claiming they were legitimate, just a starting point.

You can put a halo around all illegal aliens if you like, but a few of them murdered 3,000 people on 9/11. There may even be some murders committed by the angelic MS13.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:28 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
As the sherriff said: The troops in Iraq are sweating too and they haven't committed any crimes. I know a few corections officers. People die in jail every day. You just don't hear about it all the time.
How Patriotic of him - Yawn. Sorry to disappoint - we
weren't at War in Iraq in 1993 when he began his "Tent City" nor in 1996 when a retarded man died there who was arrested for trespassing. Having prisoners that are arrested for misdemeanors like shoplifters, ending up dead, is not something I'm impressed with. And neither should anyone else be.

New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Houston, for example, collectively housed more than 61,000 inmates per day. From 2002 through 2005, these same county jails had a combined 43 prison-conditions lawsuits filed against them in federal courts.

In the very same three-year time frame, despite housing a mere 9,200 prisoners per day, Sheriff Arpaio was the target of a staggering 2,150 lawsuits in U.S. District Court and hundreds more in Maricopa County courts.

His antics cost Arizona taxpayers money for all the lawsuits they have had to settle.

But I'll let you have your "hero". I think he is pathetic and
a sad excuse for a law enforcement officer. Simply criminal.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
How Patriotic of him - Yawn. Sorry to disappoint - we
weren't at War in Iraq in 1993 when he began his "Tent City" nor in 1996 when a retarded man died there who was arrested for trespassing. Having prisoners that are arrested for misdemeanors like shoplifters, ending up dead, is not something I'm impressed with. And neither should anyone else be.

New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Houston, for example, collectively housed more than 61,000 inmates per day. From 2002 through 2005, these same county jails had a combined 43 prison-conditions lawsuits filed against them in federal courts.

In the very same three-year time frame, despite housing a mere 9,200 prisoners per day, Sheriff Arpaio was the target of a staggering 2,150 lawsuits in U.S. District Court and hundreds more in Maricopa County courts.

His antics cost Arizona taxpayers money for all the lawsuits they have had to settle.

But I'll let you have your "hero". I think he is pathetic and
a sad excuse for a law enforcement officer. Simply criminal.
Simply criminal, could you point to the laws he has broken and been convicted of? We know that every immigrant that enters our country illegally is breaking the law and that is simply criminal.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Simply criminal, could you point to the laws he has broken and been convicted of? We know that every immigrant that enters our country illegally is breaking the law and that is simply criminal.
Hate to break it to you, not every prisoner there is an illegal immigrant. I hope he gets convicted real SOON.

Arizona's "Sheriff Joe" might finally be indicted. - Bonnie Russell - Open Salon

Old 05-19-2010, 09:56 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Hate to break it to you, not every prisoner there is an illegal immigrant. I hope he gets convicted real SOON.

Arizona's "Sheriff Joe" might finally be indicted. - Bonnie Russell - Open Salon
So, you want to convict an innocent man, a law man, and allow illegal immigrants to run free? Please reread my post, I never said that every prisoner was an illegal immigrant but I know that every prisoner has been convicted of breaking a law.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
So, you want to convict an innocent man, a law man, and allow illegal immigrants to run free? Please reread my post, I never said that every prisoner was an illegal immigrant but I know that every prisoner has been convicted of breaking a law.
Maybe you can spend some time in his jail for jay walking or some other minor misdemeanor. One who got a two month sentence ended up dead.

Hopefully, he won't be "innocent for long". We have standards, even in prisons and jails - at least in the country, I live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies