Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 10:45 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
As a division rival, part of me feels sorry for Eli. He has absolutely no time before he gets drilled. And the playcalling...barf.

You guys built up that beast defense, but didn't do much to address the O-line the last year or so.
I'm a pats fan
And traditionally not a fan of Eli because he beat
Us twice in the Superbowl- which on some level I gotta respect

There are times Eli looks aloof and distant and alone on the sideline
But here's what I've learned to like about him
He doesn't seem to get hurt- I respect that
I don't hear him blame others

He's usually professional in an interview towards others

Pats. Took a dump with Kansas City and came back

Cowboys sucked

Other teams have terrible games too

The giants will also come back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 01:54 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Ereck Flowers getting a lot of attention as to how poorly he is playing. Some say he needs to be a guard or moved to RT instead of LT. I seen some videos where he gotten beat badly and his technique is awful.
I said that a long time ago. I probably said it in this thread. I understand why Flowers was a LT in his rookie year (Beatty getting hurt in the Spring in Flowers' rookie year). However, after that, he should have been at RT. Flowers is a big, strong guy. Why not let him play to his strengths and put him over on the right where he can maul people? It would fix so many problems. The other major problem is the Giants really dont have a LT on the roster. If Flowers gets hurt, they either have to put Pugh (starting RG, but right now at RT since Hart is hurt) at LT, or bring undrafted FA off the bench at LT. That is a problem.

The problem is LT. However, to me, the line should be: Someone else at LT, Pugh at LG, Richburg at C, Hart (current RT) at RG, and Flowers at RT. They should have found that LT in the past couple years, but they have stubbornly refused.

I am giving the offense the benefit of the doubt that Marshall has one year left in the tank, and that once him and Eli get on the same page, he will be fine. OBJ just needs to get to 100%. If the line gets better the running game will get better, but please give the ball more to Darkwa!

I just hate hearing all the moronic talking heads talk about how Eli has been terrible. Yes, Eli hasnt played well. But how well can a guy who has been under seige for 2 years with no running game supposed to react? There is no QB in the league that would hold up under these conditions. We'll see if Russel Wilson in Seattle holds up because he has spent a lot of time running for his life as well recently, and he played hurt almost all of last season...but even the 'Hawks running game has been better.

But when you have so many fundamental breakdowns on several plays, how am I supposed to judge any skill position player accurately?

Old 09-26-2017, 03:33 PM

923 posts, read 1,429,961 times
Default Giants’ John Mara ‘unhappy’ with Odell Beckham’s behavior

The New York Giants are extremely unhappy with the behavior of wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. during their Week 3 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, specifically when he celebrated a touchdown by pretending to urinate like a dog on Lincoln Financial Field.

What is wrong with this kid. He's got some serious mental issues.

Giants

Old 09-26-2017, 03:38 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
NYG-Bucs game this weekend sold out. We rarely get sell outs. Lots of NY transplants down here. Bucs were shellacked this past weekend, leaving them w/ a ton of injuries. Things don't look too good for our team. May the best team win.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,470,755 times
There's definitely a screw or 2 loose upstairs with Beckham. Such a shame because he's got a ton of talent. If I were Mara/Reese I'd seriously consider shopping him during the offseason, because you just have to know some team will pay over the moon to get a talent like that. Get him out of a major market and to a team like Jacksonville, Detroit, Minnesota and I think he'd be pretty effective.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:48 PM

Seabawks like players who are odd. Send him there. Oakland, too.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:38 AM

Transcendent talents always get a lot more rope. OBJ is not going anywhere.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:52 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
He is this decades version of T.O.

Owens did play on several teams because of his antics.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:39 PM

Ugly game between two bad/mediocre at best teams.....Bucs win though....

Old 10-01-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Ugly game between two bad/mediocre at best teams.....Bucs win though....
The Giants have managed to earn every one of their 4 losses, so I think they are bad. I think the jury is still out on the Bucs, however. They may still prove that they are a decent team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football