Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 06:50 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

I'm a fan of the teams in the NFC, no secret, being older (much older than many here) I can't go down the road of the cheating, the refs, games being rigged, blah, blah, blah!

I enjoy reading many threads other than my teams, commenting, this one will be good. However, if it turns into negative comments back and forth, then it isn't discussion or fun for anyone.

It is up to the teams in the AFC to step up, build your teams, create some competition, don't like it, do something to make the divisions less predictable.

Yes, I'm for the Eagles they are in the NFC, but will I be complaining, whining, call Pats names because they win, no!

Old 01-23-2018, 06:51 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You know what adds to my enjoyment of my Patriots in competition for the Super Bowl year after year?

The bitter tears of irrational haters around the country....

Tissue?
Just remember, all good things come to an end, and your Patriots run at greatness is no exception. While I understand that Patriots fans have earned the right to gloat and be smug about this extraordinary run of excellence their team has enjoyed over the nearly last two decades, it will come to and end. And I also believe when it does, it's going to be very difficult for some Patriots fans to experience and accept. I, personally, don't think any "hating" on the Patriots is irrational. There is nothing irrational about not wanting to see the same team in the Super Bowl year in and year out, unless you are a fan of said team. As far as other fans pointing out the bias in officiating and the cheating, well, I don't necessarily put a lot of stock in those arguments either. Yes, the Patriots most definitely get calls their way more than not. I've watched a lot of Patriot games over the years, and that has been quite true, especially in recent times.

That being said, that seems to be the case with teams that are generally the cream of the crop. I remember even my Redskins getting a lot of calls their way back when they were dominate, as well as the 49ers in their dominance and so forth. It's just something that seems to happen. As far as the cheating, well, I believe all teams are going to cheat until they're caught, and the Patriots were just a team that couldn't get away with it. Even still, I recognize their greatness and all, but when I see posts like this, then it just fuels the fire for the desire to see the Pats go down in flames. I HATE the Eagles. No offense Eagles fans in this forum, but they are an NFC East rival, and I don't care for them at all. They are up there with the Cowboys and Giants with me. Having said that, to know that I'd rather see the Eagles get their first Super Bowl trophy than to see Brady and Belichick hold another trophy says a lot about how tired I am of your team. It's not irrational, and it's not jealously. It's just boredom.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:01 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I HATE the Eagles. No offense Eagles fans in this forum, but they are an NFC East rival, and I don't care for them at all. They are up there with the Cowboys and Giants with me. Having said that, to know that I'd rather see the Eagles get their first Super Bowl trophy than to see Brady and Belichick hold another trophy says a lot about how tired I am of your team. It's not irrational, and it's not jealously. It's just boredom.
It is time for the Patriots dynasty to end, and for the Eagles to drive a stake through the heart of the Evil Empire. This is it. No more Super Bowls for New England. When you are routing for the Eagles, just think, your Redskins won't be anywhere near a Super Bowl for many years to come.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:37 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Jacksonville winning yesterday would be the NFLs worst nightmare- from a popularity and potential ratings standpoint. No way was NE going to lose yesterday, unless Brady retired right before kickoff. The NFL NEEDS the Patriots IN the Superb Owl, them winning it is secondary.
That's odd. The fact that the Pats are there instead of the Jags (or any other team from the AFC) is why I have lost pretty much all excitement for the big game. I really don't get the insatiable lust the average American has to see Tom Brady and the Patriots all the time. I must be the odd one.

That's not saying I won't watch the game, just saying that I would have looked forward to it in a much different way. Hope the commercials are good this year, as they will likely be what keeps me tuned in.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:22 AM

My gripe with the SB is the average fan can't afford to see their team play. It has become a place for a who's who of which celebrities are there, which team they support, NFL claims it is about the fans, but it isn't. Cheapest tickets thousands of dollars, insane.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:28 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
My gripe with the SB is the average fan can't afford to see their team play. It has become a place for a who's who of which celebrities are there, which team they support, NFL claims it is about the fans, but it isn't. Cheapest tickets thousands of dollars, insane.
Pro football, and many pro sports have priced themselves out of the average family even for regular games.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:53 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is time for the Patriots dynasty to end, and for the Eagles to drive a stake through the heart of the Evil Empire. This is it. No more Super Bowls for New England. When you are routing for the Eagles, just think, your Redskins won't be anywhere near a Super Bowl for many years to come.
Well, at least, right now, I can say my team HAS won a Super Bowl - multiple Super Bowls. You might be able to say that in two weeks, but if it doesn't happen, then not only do you have to carry that with you into the off season, but then you have to live with the fact that the other three teams will be gunning for those Eagles next year, the runner up, and there's no certainty that Wentz is going to be 100% by the opening game. You could very well be put back into the pit of misery, dilly, dilly!

Old 01-23-2018, 09:12 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
dilly dilly

Old 01-23-2018, 09:22 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Yes. I heard yesterday that the average price for a SB ticket was $5,800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Pro football, and many pro sports have priced themselves out of the average family even for regular games.
So true. Between tickets prices and their convenience fees, parking costs, tolls etc., a family of four will be over $200 without even getting anything to eat or drink. And that would probably be for the cheapest seats. Forget about wanting a scorecard at a baseball game anymore.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:47 AM

Patriots are wearing the white jersey according to Adam Schefter:

Patriots will wear their road white jerseys in Super Bowl LII against the Philadelphia Eagles, per Mike Reiss. The team wearing white jerseys has won the Super Bowl in 12 of the previous 13 seasons, per @EpKap.

I'll put this out there because the one team is Packers, to annoy bluedevilz because I always bring Packers into all threads and discussions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football