Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 11:31 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Argh! Don't remind me. Bills spinning their wheels as always. Let's fix what isn't broken!
Not to derail this thread, but hiring Rex Ryan (which lead in part to Schwartz's departure) was one of the worst decisions the franchise has made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Why does ESPN have them as the "home" team on their schedule page even though it's in an NFC ballpark? New England Patriots 2017 Schedule - Patriots Home and Away - ESPN
It alternates every year who is the home team. Last year Atlanta was the home team in Houston and this year it's the AFC's turn so New England is the home team. They get to choose which jerseys to wear and they are going with white. Superstition given they've lost their last 2 Super Bowls wearing their home blues and won their last 2 wearing their road white.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:39 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Patriots are wearing the white jersey according to Adam Schefter:

Patriots will wear their road white jerseys in Super Bowl LII against the Philadelphia Eagles, per Mike Reiss. The team wearing white jerseys has won the Super Bowl in 12 of the previous 13 seasons, per @EpKap.

I'll put this out there because the one team is Packers, to annoy bluedevilz because I always bring Packers into all threads and discussions!
Perfect! The Eagles do their best in their green jerseys and white pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Keeping Jim Schwartz is going to be key. He has that defense playing very well. Look at what happened to Buffalo once he left - their defense was rising fast and once he left it came crashing back to Earth. Look at Denver. Wade Phillips leaves and suddenly their defense falls off a cliff. Point being, Schwartz is a big reason Philadelphia went 13-3 and are playing in the SB.
Yes, it definitely is.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:43 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
Quote:
It alternates every year who is the home team. Last year Atlanta was the home team in Houston and this year it's the AFC's turn so New England is the home team. They get to choose which jerseys to wear and they are going with white. Superstition given they've lost their last 2 Super Bowls wearing their home blues and won their last 2 wearing their road white.
Strange. I always thought it was based on AFC/NFC. I guess having it alternate makes it well-defined since NYG/NYJ share a stadium.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:53 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Not to derail this thread, but hiring Rex Ryan (which lead in part to Schwartz's departure) was one of the worst decisions the franchise has made.
I agree. And it just keeps going. Last years offense was top 10 in scoring 16th in yards per game and #1 in rushing by a wide margin. Only thing that needed to be upgraded was the defense. So what does the new regime do? They install a new system on offense that doesn't fit Taylor's strengths. They get rid of Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Gilleslee all in the same off-season. We drop to 27th in scoring, 29th in total yards and 6th in rushing yards.

And the defense actually got worst in many categories this year. It's why I keep saying that ironically this team was one of the worst in the 17 year drought but was the team to break the drought. Makes little sense.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:04 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,395,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Jaguars playoff game. Controversial calls. Refs celebrating with and congratulating Patriots on win.

Titans playoff game.

Steelers game.

Jets game.

Bills game.

Google my friend. The Patriots are the beneficiaries of multiple controversial calls, game after game, year after year.... and that’s if they’re not caught cheating too.

I would’ve rather seen Eagles vs. Jaguars, or even Vikings vs. Jaguars then the Patriots in another Super Bowl.
That ref wasn't celebrating. I believe he was trying to break up what he thought was a fight, then realized it wasn't, laughed and walked away. If I was a referee and I fixed a game, I wouldn't be celebrating with the team. That would make it a little obvious. People are reading too much into that stuff. But there were some questionable calls that helped the Pats. The 32 yard PI penalty on Bouye I didn't agree with. And that play in the 4th, Myles Jack stripped Dion Lewis and could've potentially ran that for a TD but the refs blew the whistle. Also, Gilmore got away with a PI call near the end of the game and Danny Amendola got away with a headbutt.

Besides this game, the last time a team only had 1 penalty in a playoff game was actually the Pats in 2011.

I would've liked to see the Jags in the SB. It would be nice to see a team who hasn't won before win it and the Jags, Eagles and Vikings have all never won.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:28 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Wow, such anger. I must have hit a nerve.

Yes, I think Cousins is a fraud, but he's the only they they've got. He's a decent quarterback, but when I say fraud, I mean he's someone that won't win playoff games, and Superbowls. I though McNabb was half a fraud too, because he'd come up short in a lot of big games, including the last Superbowl they were in.
No nerve hit, just the rest of your post was down right dumb. As far as Kirk Cousins goes, if the 'skins think he's worth it, they'll keep him on. If not, they have good options. I'm not worried either way.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:15 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
I will root for Philadelphia for the purely silly reason that those fans deserve a win and because New England wins too many super bowls.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
No nerve hit, just the rest of your post was down right dumb. As far as Kirk Cousins goes, if the 'skins think he's worth it, they'll keep him on. If not, they have good options. I'm not worried either way.
My post made perfect sense. You just can't get over the fact that the Skins are a team in disarray.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:18 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
So far, Rob Gronkowski is in concussion protocol.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:29 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
So far, Rob Gronkowski is in concussion protocol.
He'll be ready no doubt. Two weeks is plenty of time.

I originally posted in the AFC Playoff thread that I thought he would be back for the second half of the Championship Game. However, giving it a second thought it is obvious he wouldn't have come back at that point. New England would have been roasted and fined through the roof by the league if Gronk had come back for the second half. It would have been "Concussion-Gate".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football