Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 06:14 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
^^ Yes, both teams need to win. Not even the Giants are a lock. They have a TOUGH schedule coming up against the Steelers, Cowboys, Lions, Eagles and Redskins. Giants could just as easily lose their last 5 games.

Which means they definitely better beat the Browns on sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 06:58 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Which means they definitely better beat the Browns on sunday.
Any team that loses to the Browns should be automatically disqualified from the playoffs.

Though I do see 3 out of Cleveland's final 5 that I would put them at a higher than 40% chance of winning.

Cincy and San Diego because they're just blowing up badly.

Pittsburgh because it's the final game of the season and they may have nothing to gain by that game. Baltimore plays the Steelers and Pats.. I figure they lose to the Pats, is they lose to the Steelers.. That's it. Game over. Steelers win the division.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Any team that loses to the Browns should be automatically disqualified from the playoffs.

Though I do see 3 out of Cleveland's final 5 that I would put them at a higher than 40% chance of winning.

Cincy and San Diego because they're just blowing up badly.

Pittsburgh because it's the final game of the season and they may have nothing to gain by that game. Baltimore plays the Steelers and Pats.. I figure they lose to the Pats, is they lose to the Steelers.. That's it. Game over. Steelers win the division.
I strongly believe that last steelers game will have meaning.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:55 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I strongly believe that last steelers game will have meaning.
I think it will, too.. But I think the meaning will be whether Cleveland is the first team to have a totally imperfect season.. Losing all pre-season and regular season games.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
looking head for the redskins, if they play like they did against dallas, the only two games i see them having trouble with are the eagles and giants. if they lose both of those games that puts them at 9-6-1. play off record? possibly.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:29 PM

158 posts, read 73,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
looking head for the redskins, if they play like they did against dallas, the only two games i see them having trouble with are the eagles and giants. if they lose both of those games that puts them at 9-6-1. play off record? possibly.
That's why they play the games

Old 11-27-2016, 01:47 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
You don't like facts? You are behind the Giants in the standings and just ahead of the Eagles, so yes, you are more in a fight with those 2 teams then you are with the Cowboys. Barring a total collapse, you can't win the division, so you are fighting for a wildcard spot
No. The Redskins hold, at least, a sixth seed wild card spot, currently.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

If Cousins looked anything like he did on Thanksgiving they should beat the eagles and giants

especially the way the giants look vs the browns today

Old 11-27-2016, 01:54 PM

158 posts, read 73,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
No. The Redskins hold, at least, a sixth seed wild card spot, currently.
Are you behind the Giants....YES
Are you just ahead of the Eagles....YES
Are the Giants and Eagles closer to the Redskins in the standings than Wash is to Dallas....YES

End of argument

Old 11-27-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Are you behind the Giants....YES
Are you just ahead of the Eagles....YES
Are the Giants and Eagles closer to the Redskins in the standings than Wash is to Dallas....YES

End of argument
But what he is saying is not false. When the day is over the skins are in the 6th spot. Also the eagles need tampa bay to lose because they win the tie breaker based on conference record. So if Tampa wins today, even if the eagles beat GB tomorrow they will move up to 8th in the NFC behind washington and tampa bay. If the eagles lose then they fall to 11th place in the NFC behind the skins, vikings, bucs, packers, and saints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football