Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 07:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times

Advertisements

The next three weeks are huge for us. Now back in September, I was terrified of our 1st place games against AZ & CAR. But now, both seem very winnable. I'd love to win all three, but if we win 2 of 3, we're good. AZ is reeling and we can beat them, though Johnson will give us fits. I think we beat Philly in Philly, Wentz is crashing hard, their offense has no talent, and their D has been gashed lately. We can beat Carolina too.

We will destroy the Bears. Week 17 against the Giants at home could be a tough one, but I don't know if we can catch them as the 5th seed. Giants might have the 5th spot locked up already, so there's a possibility they sit some guys to enter the playoffs healthy. I think 10 wins gets us the 6th seed easily, but 9 probably does it too. We won't have any tiebreakers as nobody else in the wild card race has a tie on their record.

We can't negotiate with Kirk until the season is over, but please pay the man when you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 10:42 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
We will destroy the Bears. Week 17 against the Giants at home could be a tough one, but I don't know if we can catch them as the 5th seed. Giants might have the 5th spot locked up already, so there's a possibility they sit some guys to enter the playoffs healthy. I think 10 wins gets us the 6th seed easily, but 9 probably does it too. We won't have any tiebreakers as nobody else in the wild card race has a tie on their record.
Giants have Steelers on the road and Dallas at home. Those will both be tough games and I'd count them as possible/probable losses at the moment. Certainly not definite, but.. Games that I don't fully expect them to win. If they lose those two, that brings them to 5 losses, and the Redskins game would (likely) very much be for something. For who they'd play in the first round, but..

Cards and Carolina.. It's all about which team shows up. you watch either team and it's week to week so far as whether you think the Skins would win. There's been games both have played that you say "Oh, no problem" and then games where it's like.. "uh oh"..

Carolina is the biggest question for me right now. Who is going to be more amped up for that game? Cam or Norman? It's one of those games that if Cam had 4 rushing TDs, I wouldn't be surprised and on the flip side, if Norman had 3 picks, I wouldn't be surprised. They might all say "Oh, it's just another game".. I'd say they'd be lying. Both sides want to win that game bad.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:16 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Good points, Lab. I definitely did not see Carolina coming out like they did in 2016.

I am feeling very confident about our chances as a WC. Depending on how the other divsions work themselves out, I think we could go on the road to MIN or DET and get a W. Same with Atlanta or Tampa.

And I'd rather play @ DAL then @ SEA. Both our games with Dallas were one possession. 1 play from each game goes our way and we're 2-0 against Dallas this season. Even Dallas fans realize that. We're right there with them talent wise, we just didn't execute.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:22 PM

158 posts, read 73,683 times
Does 9-6-1 get you in? Split with the Giants/Eagles and 2 out of 3 against Det/Car/Ariz

Old 11-30-2016, 01:14 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Don't get why you all are getting so torn up over this.. Especially because.. he's basically right. I agree with his assessment.

Have you seen the teams that the Vikings and Bucs have left to play?

Vikes - Cowboys, Jags, Colts, Packers, Bears

Bucs - Chargers, Saints x2, Cowboys, Panthers

The Vikings should be able to pull a 4-1 out of that.. The question is.. Wow.. They've been inconsistent.

The Bucs should also be able to pull a 4-1.. The thing is.. Winston is such a sophomore QB this year.. you really have no idea who will show up. And, apparently after yesterday.. no idea which defense will show up.

Thinking that the playoffs are in the bag is dangerous thinking right now. I think there's a good chance we overtake the Giants for the first wild card, but that's not a given. and that tie just throws things into a total mess.

If either of those teams goes 4-1 and the skins go 3-2 down the stretch.. Outside looking in. Skins still have to play the Cardinals in Phoenix and Carolina at home. Carolina.. We don't know which team will show up.. Don't take anything for granted. Just as, if I was Dallas and had to play the Redskins a third time.. I wouldn't count that as an automatic win. Wasn't it Jacksonville back in '99 or so that only lost to the Titans all year? And lost three times to them? Division games, man.. Anything can happen.

The grip on that last playoff spot is still tenuous. In 2 or 3 weeks.. I hope it's firmed up significantly.

I'm with you. Gry has been respectful and never crossed any lines as far as I'm concerned. I also happened to agree with his opinion. You are welcome here anytime Dallas Fan.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I'm with you. Gry has been respectful and never crossed any lines as far as I'm concerned. I also happened to agree with his opinion. You are welcome here anytime Dallas Fan.

Thank you Dave....it has been a long time for both franchises. Can I say that I will pull for the Skins if the Cowboys get knocked out, Hell No!!!! (just like no self respecting Skins fan would ever say they would pull for the Cowboys )....Good luck the rest of the year

Old 11-30-2016, 01:51 PM

I will say this tho, as far as the rivalry goes....all things being equal, I will pull for Washington over the Giants and Eagles....don't get me wrong, I don't like any of them, but if the Giants/Eagles are playing Washington and the game doesn't matter as far as Dallas is concerned, I will pull for the Skins....Art Monk was a class act and George Allen was a maniac on the sidelines, lol

Old 11-30-2016, 04:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Thank you Dave....it has been a long time for both franchises. Can I say that I will pull for the Skins if the Cowboys get knocked out, Hell No!!!! (just like no self respecting Skins fan would ever say they would pull for the Cowboys )....Good luck the rest of the year
while i am a cowboys fan first, i am an NFC east fan second. thus i will root for NFC east teams unless they play dallas. if the cowboys do get knocked out of the playoffs, then i will root for any NFC east team left. if the giants and redskins meet each other in the playoffs, i will probably root for the skins over the giants.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:08 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
while i am a cowboys fan first, i am an NFC east fan second. thus i will root for NFC east teams unless they play dallas. if the cowboys do get knocked out of the playoffs, then i will root for any NFC east team left. if the giants and redskins meet each other in the playoffs, i will probably root for the skins over the giants.
hum.. I would be the first to brag that the NFC East boasts the MOST Super Bowl titles of any other Division and then laugh at the Eagles for their non contribution.. but i only root for the Skins if they are playing the Giants or Eagles and it benefits the Cowboys.. i can imagine i will be pulling for them in their upcoming game vs the Giants... but for the most part, i love seeing all NFC East teams (minus the Cowboys) lose. However there was that one out-liar a few years back (2007) when i was rooting for the Giants to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl only because i wanted them to spoil their perfect season. Some one needed to put them in their place. They were getting a little to big for their britches.. that year at least!

Old 12-01-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
hum.. I would be the first to brag that the NFC East boasts the MOST Super Bowl titles of any other Division and then laugh at the Eagles for their non contribution.. but i only root for the Skins if they are playing the Giants or Eagles and it benefits the Cowboys.. i can imagine i will be pulling for them in their upcoming game vs the Giants... but for the most part, i love seeing all NFC East teams (minus the Cowboys) lose. However there was that one out-liar a few years back (2007) when i was rooting for the Giants to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl only because i wanted them to spoil their perfect season. Some one needed to put them in their place. They were getting a little to big for their britches.. that year at least!

Agree....I cannot root for any NFC East team other than the 'Boys, unless they are playing each other. I did find myself pulling for the Giants when they beat the Packers in the playoffs that year with Rodgers at QB (it was only that ONE game, I think that was the year GB was 15-1.....Giants last SB run?). Rodgers was just to smug with that "DDC" pose (and yes, Rodgers is a GREAT QB, not talking about his talent, talking about his attitude)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football