Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 05:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The patrick crayton play. IMO, that would have clinched the game. I will never stop remembering that play. It was the end of the 3rd quarter. I think under a minute left and the score was 17-14 Dallas. If he catches it, it's at the least first and goal going into the 4th quarter and getting ready to make it 24-14. I think Anthony Fasano also had a big drop in that game. To me, I would have never started Marion in that game. Go with what got you to 13-3. Start Julius and then finish them off with Marion. Marion wore out by the 4th quarter in that game.
i have always said that the cowboys need an effective running game in order to be successful. in each of the seasons where the cowboys went to the playoffs recently the one thing they had going for them, other than romo, was an effective running game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 05:46 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well, dallas con don only what dallas can do. we have already beaten the redskins twice, someone else will have to deal with that. we have the bucs and the lions coming up, and we can control those games.
I was referring to the Packers who is currently fighting for a playoff spot and not only trail the lions and bucs but the skins too

Old 12-13-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I was referring to the Packers who is currently fighting for a playoff spot and not only trail the lions and bucs but the skins too
that is for someone else to worry about. right now i need the cowboys to take care of business and beat tampa bay.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:31 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have always said that the cowboys need an effective running game in order to be successful. in each of the seasons where the cowboys went to the playoffs recently the one thing they had going for them, other than romo, was an effective running game.
Yep. It's their identity. It's what the team wants to do. There's a reason why the oline is better at run blocking than pass blocking. Because we are built to run. We are built to be physical at the point of attack. We are not built to have a QB throw the ball 35+ times. JG needs to get that through his head that he isn't the greatest of all minds he thinks he is. Run the football. It's what you do. Run off your offense off of what you do on the ground. That will open up the pass. But you are a team built to run. Which is beautiful to see in this day in age in football.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:35 AM

158 posts, read 73,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yep. It's their identity. It's what the team wants to do. There's a reason why the oline is better at run blocking than pass blocking. Because we are built to run. We are built to be physical at the point of attack. We are not built to have a QB throw the ball 35+ times. JG needs to get that through his head that he isn't the greatest of all minds he thinks he is. Run the football. It's what you do. Run off your offense off of what you do on the ground. That will open up the pass. But you are a team built to run. Which is beautiful to see in this day in age in football.

Giants were putting 8 and 9 guys in the box Mon night....When that happens, it is unrealistic to expect 6 guys to block them. That is when Dak has to burn them....it didn't happen, he had an off game....you want to say the Viking game was an off game, I will agree. Its 2 games....they are 11-2. There seems to be some underlying panic because he had 2 off games. can we settle down and let this play out

Old 12-14-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Giants were putting 8 and 9 guys in the box Mon night....When that happens, it is unrealistic to expect 6 guys to block them. That is when Dak has to burn them....it didn't happen, he had an off game....you want to say the Viking game was an off game, I will agree. Its 2 games....they are 11-2. There seems to be some underlying panic because he had 2 off games. can we settle down and let this play out
Let's just contribute Dak's bad game to the awful weather and messy field and see how he responds on sunday against Tampa. I was telling someone earlier it doesn't feel like it's only two losses because both was to the Giants. And everyone expected Dallas to be ready since this was the only team they lost to all season but it didn't work out that way. Now if Dak comes out and has another bad game vs tampa leading to a loss, I think he maybe benched. And that would because the team is trying to win the East and would only be a game ahead of the giants at 11-3. Would I agree with them putting in Romo after another loss? No but I could see it happening because it would become panic time in Dallas.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Let's just contribute Dak's bad game to the awful weather and messy field and see how he responds on sunday against Tampa. I was telling someone earlier it doesn't feel like it's only two losses because both was to the Giants. And everyone expected Dallas to be ready since this was the only team they lost to all season but it didn't work out that way. Now if Dak comes out and has another bad game vs tampa leading to a loss, I think he maybe benched. And that would because the team is trying to win the East and would only be a game ahead of the giants at 11-3. Would I agree with them putting in Romo after another loss? No but I could see it happening because it would become panic time in Dallas.
I think if Dallas loses Sunday to Tampa, Dak has a bad game, and the Giants win, Tony will be the starter for the Detroit game. I am not saying it's necessarily the right thing to do, but that's how I think it plays out.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
I think if Dallas loses Sunday to Tampa, Dak has a bad game, and the Giants win, Tony will be the starter for the Detroit game. I am not saying it's necessarily the right thing to do, but that's how I think it plays out.
True but I just don't see a bad game this week in Dallas with much nicer weather.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
True but I just don't see a bad game this week in Dallas with much nicer weather.
If the thought is to go to Romo, you have to give him real time game experience during the regular season. You can't make that switch playoff time and have realistic expectations he will have no rust

Old 12-14-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
i dont see prescott having another bad game against tampa bay this week, though it could happen. dallas ran into two teams with very good defenses, that were also very aggressive. so the question is, did prescott learn anything from these two games? did the rest of the team learn anything from these two games? and what do we the fans take away from these two games?

as for us fans, while the giants glow in the light of victory, it was a hard fought game on the defense of both sides. i think prescott goes back over these games and figures out what mistakes he made, and what he could have done better, and applies these lessons to tampa bay.

i doubt that he will be benched unless he has a terrible game, perhaps throwing more than two interceptions, having a couple of fumbles lost, and dallas loses the game by more than 20 points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football