Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 10:57 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The only criticism I have (and it was noted several times on the broadcast), is his tendency to hold the ball too long and take sacks....

I think its something that he can improve...but overall, nice job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
That's better than throwing the ball quickly and then throwing interceptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Or throwing it LATE..

a sack is NEVER as bad as an INT.
Imagine the last drive ... Foles scrambling right and tries to force a throw to make the first down and gets it picked off. However, it doesn't happen... he stays in bounds and falls on the ball... excellent punt from Jones... interception... game over.

Romo would have thrown it to make a play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 11:28 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Imagine the last drive ... Foles scrambling right and tries to force a throw to make the first down and gets it picked off. However, it doesn't happen... he stays in bounds and falls on the ball... excellent punt from Jones... interception... game over.

Romo would have thrown it to make a play.
sad but true!

Old 12-30-2013, 12:32 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Thank you, Eagles. **** Dallas.

I want to drink Jerry Jones' salty, delicious tears!!!

+1 Hail!! LOL And you saw that too huh? I was doing something else when I came back into the room and saw Jerry Jones' expression and body language. I was like "Oh sh1t!! Something happened!! Something happened!!". Found out it was a horrible turnover! LOL I was sitting in this chair cracking up like a crazy hyena! PRICELESS!!! Some of my Cowboy friends were real quiet on Facebook too......

Old 12-30-2013, 03:59 PM

I love posts like these ^^.

-----------------------------------------

Reading the Eagles website... there was an article on Kelly and I was reading the comments - and this one comment seemed like it came from someone who seemed to be involved in the process of hiring Kelly.

Question from Thomas Jackson...
Ray [Didinger], if you are reading this, in your opinion what was the main reason the Eagles chose Chip Kelly during their search for a new head coach?

And, what do you think are the most important traits or qualities in a head coach a team like the Redskins should be looking for now?

Answer from 1wrangler...
@ Thomas - Hope you don't mind me chiming in but what peaked my interest in Kelly was the fact that a lot of successful NFL coaches were constantly picking his brain for offensive plays to install in their own offenses. This doesn't happen very frequently as far as NFL coaches picking a college coaches brain for plays. It sort of made Chip unique. The only thing about Chip that I had reservations about was our fan base excepting his style of play. We have always been a blue collar fan base with a great love for smash mouthed defense and I didn't know if Chip could deliver on that. So far our defense has made great strides since the beginning of the year however I don't think it is where it needs to be just yet. Rome wasn't built in a day my friend but next years schedule gets more difficult and the defensive improvements need to be in place for us to replicate our current won/loss record. It should be fun to watch.

Continued answer from 1wranger...
@ Thomas - I don't think that Daniel Snyder would do it because he always likes flashy head coaches but if the decision was mine as far as hiring the new head coach it would be Lovie Smith. Why you may ask! Because Lovie is well respected by his players and always gets the most out of each player. The Redskins need to overhaul the defense and Lovie would be great at that job as he is very good at evaluating defensive players. Once the Redskins have a good defense again it wouldn't matter which of the two quarterbacks they decided to eventually go with as their starter.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:45 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
I love posts like these ^^.

-----------------------------------------

Reading the Eagles website... there was an article on Kelly and I was reading the comments - and this one comment seemed like it came from someone who seemed to be involved in the process of hiring Kelly.

Question from Thomas Jackson...
Ray [Didinger], if you are reading this, in your opinion what was the main reason the Eagles chose Chip Kelly during their search for a new head coach?

And, what do you think are the most important traits or qualities in a head coach a team like the Redskins should be looking for now?

Answer from 1wrangler...
@ Thomas - Hope you don't mind me chiming in but what peaked my interest in Kelly was the fact that a lot of successful NFL coaches were constantly picking his brain for offensive plays to install in their own offenses. This doesn't happen very frequently as far as NFL coaches picking a college coaches brain for plays. It sort of made Chip unique. The only thing about Chip that I had reservations about was our fan base excepting his style of play. We have always been a blue collar fan base with a great love for smash mouthed defense and I didn't know if Chip could deliver on that. So far our defense has made great strides since the beginning of the year however I don't think it is where it needs to be just yet. Rome wasn't built in a day my friend but next years schedule gets more difficult and the defensive improvements need to be in place for us to replicate our current won/loss record. It should be fun to watch.

Continued answer from 1wranger...
@ Thomas - I don't think that Daniel Snyder would do it because he always likes flashy head coaches but if the decision was mine as far as hiring the new head coach it would be Lovie Smith. Why you may ask! Because Lovie is well respected by his players and always gets the most out of each player. The Redskins need to overhaul the defense and Lovie would be great at that job as he is very good at evaluating defensive players. Once the Redskins have a good defense again it wouldn't matter which of the two quarterbacks they decided to eventually go with as their starter.
Great article, thank you for posting it! Lovie would be a great hire for the 'Skins but I'm not sure if he has a strong enough personality to tolerate Danny Boy Snyder.... Danny Boy is the problem with the 'Skins, it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Sorry about hijacking the Eagle's thread about the 'Skins!

Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Great article, thank you for posting it! Lovie would be a great hire for the 'Skins but I'm not sure if he has a strong enough personality to tolerate Danny Boy Snyder.... Danny Boy is the problem with the 'Skins, it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Sorry about hijacking the Eagle's thread about the 'Skins!
No problem. I know I posted a link on the Skins thread to my above post.

But it's not often you get real talk like that from those in the luxury boxes.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 AM

Eagles opponents for next year.

Home Games:
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Washington Redskins
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Carolina Panthers

Away Games:
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Washington Redskins
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Green Bay Packers

I will be somewhere at the Houston game. Can't wait.

NFC West next year... better bring it.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:05 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
At least Seattle will be at home.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
At least Seattle will be at home.
Right now, I want them on the road next month.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:31 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Eagles opponents for next year.

Home Games:
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Washington Redskins
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Carolina Panthers

Away Games:
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Washington Redskins
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Green Bay Packers

I will be somewhere at the Houston game. Can't wait.

NFC West next year... better bring it.
Looks manageable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football