Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 09:22 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,651,687 times

Advertisements

I read, don't always comment, certain team threads! More because I'm interested in what the "regulars" are thinking about their team!

Eagles because of Pederson (yes, I know he's gone), 'boys because of McCarthy, Giants because Packer players end up with them, and now WFT because I love Ron Rivera!

Looking forward to this season and good luck to all! Could be a fun one this year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 08:31 AM

3,267 posts, read 5,645,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - nobody has posted.

Usually in the off-season you get some off season chatter... it's been virtually nothing this year from the normals.
I agree.

This whole pro-football board pretty much sux with little traffic, few high understanding posters, and lately a lot of bleed in political/societal statements which taints the sports nature of this board. That has affected traffic IMO.

If one wants to make political or societal statements there are plenty of platforms to do that, especially on C-D. X's and O's, team moves, injuries, results of games, assessment of play, specific player performances, etc. should be posting foci on this sports page.

FWIW I've tried to find decent Eagle content on the net and there's not a lot of it (shocking too). I have a couple of sites bookmarked https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/ (the better one)
and
https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/

I have bookmarked a couple of other team's MB's too but not a regular visitor. (NYG, GB, TB, WFT)

I'm on my Cowboy's MB hot and heavy ( https://cowboyszone.com/#main-forums.1 ) especially the Fanzone ( https://cowboyszone.com/forums/fan-zone.59/ ). There's several active Eagles fans on the board and also a couple of Giant fans.

I actually get news there early on, on cue with the news services. There's just not as active boards for other teams that I've found. So, looking a little more widespread could feed your sports appetite better.

Old 08-29-2021, 06:43 PM

45,677 posts, read 27,299,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I agree.

This whole pro-football board pretty much sux with little traffic, few high understanding posters, and lately a lot of bleed in political/societal statements which taints the sports nature of this board. That has affected traffic IMO.

If one wants to make political or societal statements there are plenty of platforms to do that, especially on C-D. X's and O's, team moves, injuries, results of games, assessment of play, specific player performances, etc. should be posting foci on this sports page.

FWIW I've tried to find decent Eagle content on the net and there's not a lot of it (shocking too). I have a couple of sites bookmarked https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/ (the better one)
and

I have bookmarked a couple of other team's MB's too but not a regular visitor. (NYG, GB, TB, WFT)

I'm on my Cowboy's MB hot and heavy ( https://cowboyszone.com/#main-forums.1 ) especially the Fanzone ( https://cowboyszone.com/forums/fan-zone.59/ ). There's several active Eagles fans on the board and also a couple of Giant fans.

I actually get news there early on, on cue with the news services. There's just not as active boards for other teams that I've found. So, looking a little more widespread could feed your sports appetite better.
Honestly - the board was pretty vibrant for awhile... but the NFL ran off many people by choosing to do the work of the political agitators instead of doing what they do best, which is entertain people.

Old 08-29-2021, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Honestly - the board was pretty vibrant for awhile... but the NFL ran off many people by choosing to do the work of the political agitators instead of doing what they do best, which is entertain people.
As my indian ancestors might have said "These words you speak are words of iron and their is truth for all to see".

Words of Ten Bears from the movie "Outlaw Josey Wales"

Old 08-30-2021, 11:38 AM

7,602 posts, read 6,107,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I agree.

and

I mentioned this before, but we DO in fact have some really good posters here. I don't care so much which teams people like or do not like, I am interested in hearing from different people with different insights.

BobTex, you follow the Cowboys boards more than I have time to, I have to rely on people in Texas to give me first hand infor which sometimes amounts to opinion/"I dunno" That being said, I find your Info more interesting anyway.
Same for Susan with the packers and Bill with his Buffaloes, I know I can find some good intel on this board.

That being said, as I mentioned before, I dropped almost all of the Dolphins message boards. I am still on a Steelers message board (good content) and yes, finding decent message boards is challenging. but the Dolphin fans online I found were the worst of the worst. I mean the rudest, most unintelligent and least knowledgeable about football I have found.

Case in point, just because I disagreed about the Dolphins playoff chances one year, some redneck threatened to find me and "finish" me. I have received multiple hate mails, threats, vulgar responses just because I disagreed with something with some other Dolphins fan. Case in point, for years, we had hundreds of people ragging on Tannehill and his sack rating. When I pointed out that the problem was not Tannehill, but the Offensive line who allowed sacks and the Offensive Coordinator who did not draw plays that fit his style, well, you would have thought I insulted the Ayatollah inside a Shiite Mosque!
So seeing that many of the self professed Dolphin fans online (not all, but many) are the scum of the league, I dropped the message boards. I read the Dolphins news via EMail each day, but remember too, Brian Flores has learned much from his former boss: Never show your cards. He is often Tight-lipped about the team and I would be too.
As for the fans, the ones I know in person are fun, but online, well, I can do without.

I subscribe to the Rams newsletter, the Browns newsletter, and that is about all I follow. Most teams have free EMail newsletters that report on roster changes, events and have links to local news stories, some of which are free. So for example. Here
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/newsletters

Is the Signup for the Steelers Wire, but under it, are signups for any others you want as well.

ALSO try this website
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...bution/signup/

Just go in and find your team, at the end of the bar there is a drop down for newsletter. you enter your Email, no signup, no coast, and the daily newswire gets to you for your reading pleasure.
This site has College Football as well as NFL.

Then there is one more thing about this Forum It is fun. I mean there are other things, it is kept civil, the Threads are much better organized, easy to find, the Rules keep us on track. But consider this post:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-...n-program.html

AS Bill said
A tradition like no other.

Many people have come to expect that behavior from me on April Fools Day. However, something similar got me banned from two Dolphins message boards. No sense of Humor there. But it looks like we have it here !

I do not agree with everything expressed n this forum. I do take time and maintain respect for other's insights and opinions, but I do not let the fact that I may not agree with someone cause me to totally hate the person making the comment.

So everyone keep up the good work, invite others to contribute, and lets keep this forum fun.

Anyway, we are only a week away from making the picks for week 1 I know my picks should be good for a laugh one way or another.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:57 AM

If the playoffs started today...

Just wanted to get that quip in early.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:44 PM

18,247 posts, read 25,909,423 times
Quote:
I've gone back and forth on commenting on the last several posts and thought about bringing up a couple points. First--the item of losing long time regulars, here's some off the top of my head.

Washington--
skinsguy37--last post was 4/26/20
skinsfan82--last post was 12/26/17

Indianapolis Colts--
X-Greensboro Resident--last post was 1/5/2015

Minnesota Vikings--
Oildog--last post was 4/29/2017

Kansas City Chiefs--
OMarvinO--last post was 1/8/2019

Cleveland Browns
Number One Cleveland Browns Fan--last post was 1/18/2016

Arizona Cardinals
Colt AZ--last post was 1/6/2019

All these guys brought good input for the pro football forum. And I didn't see anything on any of them that suggested that they were banned permamently. I realize some people go on to other things, get tired of the message board itself, or they move, or they pass on. And if I sat down for an evening and really did some research iIm sure I can come up with a couple dozen more. If there was ONE guy who I'd love to see back here it would be Number One Cleveland Browns Fan. It would be good to see him get cheered up by the resurgence of the Browns franchise over the last couple years. I traded dm's with him once, he goes back with the franchise, goes back decades.

Anyway, it's just an observation on my part. I do agree with everyone here regarding the activity.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:04 PM

Well, this is the Eagles C-D Board and it is Cowboys vs Eagles week!

Eagles defense has impressed me. As always they play with speed. I anticipate a close game (again).

Cowboys 1st home game! I'm already kinda pumped.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:11 PM

Oildog Hasn't posted since 03/2017. Doesn't bode well! He was active on my Texas Boards also back in the day.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I've gone back and forth on commenting on the last several posts and thought about bringing up a couple points. First--the item of losing long time regulars, here's some off the top of my head.

Washington--
skinsguy37--last post was 4/26/20
skinsfan82--last post was 12/26/17

Indianapolis Colts--
X-Greensboro Resident--last post was 1/5/2015

Minnesota Vikings--
Oildog--last post was 4/29/2017

Kansas City Chiefs--
OMarvinO--last post was 1/8/2019

Cleveland Browns
Number One Cleveland Browns Fan--last post was 1/18/2016

Arizona Cardinals
Colt AZ--last post was 1/6/2019

All these guys brought good input for the pro football forum. And I didn't see anything on any of them that suggested that they were banned permamently. I realize some people go on to other things, get tired of the message board itself, or they move, or they pass on. And if I sat down for an evening and really did some research iIm sure I can come up with a couple dozen more. If there was ONE guy who I'd love to see back here it would be Number One Cleveland Browns Fan. It would be good to see him get cheered up by the resurgence of the Browns franchise over the last couple years. I traded dm's with him once, he goes back with the franchise, goes back decades.

Anyway, it's just an observation on my part. I do agree with everyone here regarding the activity.
John FS and Calico696 were the mainstays of recent past in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football