Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 07:06 PM

570 posts, read 721,826 times

Advertisements

Another ugly win...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 04:57 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
Another ugly win...
I didn't watch this game but followed the score. Even when the Seahawks were down 24-7 I didn't doubt they would win it. An ugly win is still a win and this kind of thing happens to good teams all the time. The Jaguars came into Denver and trailed 14-12 and then later 21-19 before the Broncos pulled away. And the Jaguars are way worse than the Bucs. (Both are 0-8, but the Jags are a worse brand of 0-8.)

Anyway, I don't think anyone in the Seahawks locker room is fretting being taken to OT by a winless team. They're chalking it up to getting better and be happy to add another one to the W column.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:14 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
In the NFL there are simply NO CREAMPUFFS. You will get the occasional blow out game but when teams show up to play and give their best effort, you never know what can happen. The Hawks should not apologize for this close win... Regardless of their winless record, the Bucs are an NFL team.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:03 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
In the NFL there are simply NO CREAMPUFFS. You will get the occasional blow out game but when teams show up to play and give their best effort, you never know what can happen. The Hawks should not apologize for this close win... Regardless of their winless record, the Bucs are an NFL team.
(Edit-one sentence deleted)

Seattle is playing a weak schedule (2-6 Houston, 0-8 Bucs, 2-6 Falcons, Rams... etc etc) and have looked far from impressive against inferior opponents... NFL team or not. Their defense have carried the team and has done a great job shutting down the other team after spotting them 20 points or when their offense has accumulated 40 yards through 3 quarters.

Still... can't help but wonder how long until the clock strikes midnight on this fairy tale... probably January. Personally I think SF is playing the best football on both sides of the ball right now... and they still play Seattle in SF.

Anyway, I for one am looking forward to the game Sunday... I don't expect Atlanta to win with half their starters injured but if Seattle spots them 20 I just might... I mean, that's what they did the last time these 2 teams met in the GA Dome.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-16-2013 at 02:50 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 09:06 PM

570 posts, read 721,826 times
I think as long as they show up in the first half, they got the win.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:45 AM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
I will be taking Seattle to win but I will take Atlanta to make the 7 point spread.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 AM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I'll probably convert to being a full time Seattle fan next season... might as well. I'll save money on NFL Sunday Ticket too.
Glad you are seeing the light.

But truthfully, most fans of the Seahawks right now are fair weather fans, when Seattle wins they load up the stands and talk a lot of trash talk and the list of for season tickets skyrocket, but when Seattle has a losing season they disappear and rather quickly. For example I am on Foxsports.com web site off and on since it started about six years ago and you can see who sticks around and who doesn't according if the team, be it the Seahawks or the Mariners, are winning or losing.
A good example is the Seattle Mariners. When they win you can't hardly find a ticket but when they lose you can't give tickets away.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:59 AM

603 posts, read 877,985 times
Even Seattle Times and SeattlePi columnists have noted that Seattle is a fair-weather sports town.
I used to like the Seahawks when Holmgren, Hasselbeck, and Alexander were in charge. I didn't live in Seattle at the time so I had nothing against their fans.

When I moved here it after their Super Bowl run, when they became a poor-to-average NFL team. The fans filled up the stadium, but I rarely saw pride from the fans aside from that. Nowadays, everybody has a Seahawks jersey on, everybody has a Seahawks hat on, and every NFL blog/forum online is filled with 'Hawks fans talking mad trash about everybody in the NFL, especially 49ers fans. Plus, Pete Carroll is a crook and Sherman needs his mouth zipped. They are most definitely-fair weather fans, and those who aren't are obnoxious.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:08 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Glad you are seeing the light.

But truthfully, most fans of the Seahawks right now are fair weather fans, when Seattle wins they load up the stands and talk a lot of trash talk and the list of for season tickets skyrocket, but when Seattle has a losing season they disappear and rather quickly. For example I am on Foxsports.com web site off and on since it started about six years ago and you can see who sticks around and who doesn't according if the team, be it the Seahawks or the Mariners, are winning or losing.
A good example is the Seattle Mariners. When they win you can't hardly find a ticket but when they lose you can't give tickets away.
Kinda like opening night this season... I was at Safeco and the place was packed... 40k fans.

The next night? 10k... and pretty much every game after that unless it was a series against the Red Sox or Yankees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post
Even Seattle Times and SeattlePi columnists have noted that Seattle is a fair-weather sports town.
I used to like the Seahawks when Holmgren, Hasselbeck, and Alexander were in charge. I didn't live in Seattle at the time so I had nothing against their fans.

When I moved here it after their Super Bowl run, when they became a poor-to-average NFL team. The fans filled up the stadium, but I rarely saw pride from the fans aside from that. Nowadays, everybody has a Seahawks jersey on, everybody has a Seahawks hat on, and every NFL blog/forum online is filled with 'Hawks fans talking mad trash about everybody in the NFL, especially 49ers fans. Plus, Pete Carroll is a crook and Sherman needs his mouth zipped. They are most definitely-fair weather fans, and those who aren't are obnoxious.
LOL that's pretty much why I haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet since moving here from Georgia in 2011.

I've attended one game at CenturyLink (10/2/2011 - Falcons 30, Seahawks 28) and my seat was right next to the visitor's tunnel. The fans were obnoxious and I have the Youtube video to prove it.

Last year's playoff run was a rough time at work... the guys I work with were so cocky and full of themselves... I won multiple bets after they were giving me 5-7 points with Atlanta being at home. I took great pleasure in feeding them their crow that Monday.

I don't care for Golden Tate or Sherman... haven't had any respect for Carroll in a while either... a lifetime .500 NFL coach who is making the most of a talented roster.

A friend of mine got me a Seahawks jersey for Christmas (Sherman) and it's still hanging in the closet. I just haven't been able to bring myself to rooting for them yet. As I've already said I probably will become a fan next season (when everyone is 0-0 and the bandwagon is empty)... after all, I've spent 30+ years watching the Falcons win 0 Super Bowls... might as well start watching the Seahawks not win any either.

I'll save money on Sunday Ticket too.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:06 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Team threads are not set up to be firing insults at each other! Read the "sticky" in regards to what team threads are set up for.

I'll open this thread back up but will have to delete some more posts when I have time.

Team threads are for team discussion on team business-roster moves, injury reports, upcoming game discussion.

No personal attacks!

Thread re-opened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football