Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Funny thing happen on the way to the stadium...history doesn't win games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Does that mean you discount the Seahawk's home field advantage since all those games they won at home are history?

LOL knew that was coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
This is classic.

Seattle fans running smack about the 49ers. I remember last year how Seattle was taunting the 49er fan base and looking forward to a showdown in the NFC title game -- except that it didn't happen because the gum chewer in chief didn't have them prepped and ready to go against an Atlanta team that SF absolutely steamrolled. lol!
I'll agree... all but the steamrolled part. A 28-24 win after being down 17-0 to yet another #1 seed who choked isn't a steamrolling IMHO. I did win a bunch of money of the game though... all the cocky Seattle fans at work spotting me 7-10 points with Atlanta at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 07:40 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
Quote:
This is classic.

Seattle fans running smack about the 49ers. I remember last year how Seattle was taunting the 49er fan base and looking forward to a showdown in the NFC title game -- except that it didn't happen because the gum chewer in chief didn't have them prepped and ready to go against an Atlanta team that SF absolutely steamrolled. lol!

Wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat this year. Seattle's so busy concentrating on SF that New Orleans will come back and get revenge on them in Sea-Tac. Or the Panthers, for all we know.
My memory can be bad at times, but come on guys!

Steamrolled?

Was this the game that the Falcons jumped up 17-0 lead and led 24-14 at half. Was this the game that the Niners never lead until half way through the 4th qtr? Was this the game that ended with the Falcons near the 10 yard line with the Niners up by 4 points? Was this the same game your claiming the Niners steamrolled?

We obviously have different definitions of steamrolled..

Old 12-17-2013, 12:55 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
My memory can be bad at times, but come on guys!

Steamrolled?

Was this the game that the Falcons jumped up 17-0 lead and led 24-14 at half. Was this the game that the Niners never lead until half way through the 4th qtr? Was this the game that ended with the Falcons near the 10 yard line with the Niners up by 4 points? Was this the same game your claiming the Niners steamrolled?

We obviously have different definitions of steamrolled..
The 49ers punched the Falcons in the mouth and took their lunch money -- just like they're going to do to the Seahawks.

The Seahawks are scared of the 49ers, and everyone knows it. The 49ers are inside their heads...and their stupid stadium can't save 'em. Sorry, but y'all don't have Mike Holmgren anymore; you've got Pete Wussell...a guy that Harbaugh the genius owns at all levels.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:49 AM

570 posts, read 721,826 times
Quote:
The 49ers punched the Falcons in the mouth and took their lunch money -- just like they're going to do to the Seahawks.

The Seahawks are scared of the 49ers, and everyone knows it. The 49ers are inside their heads...and their stupid stadium can't save 'em. Sorry, but y'all don't have Mike Holmgren anymore; you've got Pete Wussell...a guy that Harbaugh the genius owns at all levels.
Nope.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:41 PM

426 posts, read 958,930 times
Quote:
Recent history doesn't bear that out.

The last two years the two teams have split regular seaon meetings, each winning at home.

The difference is, SF ekes out wins in SF, while Seattle pounds SF when they play in Seattle.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fy10fyr View Post
Recent history doesn't bear that out.

The last two years the two teams have split regular seaon meetings, each winning at home.

The difference is, SF ekes out wins in SF, while Seattle pounds SF when they play in Seattle.
Recent history also says 18 of the last 20 AFC/NFC top seeds dating back to 2003 have not won Super Bowl.

That's a whole lot of choking...

Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,733,134 times
I'd be confident if I was a Seahawk fan...but like Kees said, truth be told, high seeds haven't done well lately..

Just ask Denver last year or GB a couple yrs ago against the Giants...

I would be cautiously optimistic....

Old 12-17-2013, 03:34 PM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
If history had any influence on games played this year then why is KC 11-3 after winning only two games last year and why are both last year Superbowl teams, San Francisco and Baltimore fighting for a play off spot as a wild card?

History of past performances doesn't mean squat in the NFL.

John Madden once said there are two types of teams....Playoff teams and teams that make the playoffs.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
If history had any influence on games played this year then why is KC 11-3 after winning only two games last year and why are both last year Superbowl teams, San Francisco and Baltimore fighting for a play off spot as a wild card?

History of past performances doesn't mean squat in the NFL.

John Madden once said there are two types of teams....Playoff teams and teams that make the playoffs.
That's what's so funny about all the talk about the 2 year home winning streak and how the 'Hawks are guaranteed to make the Super Bowl because of their streak.

I was just listening yesterday to the Seattle ESPN 710AM radio show and despite the flaws that were pointed out such as the offensive line and Lynch's low rushing output the last 4-5 games, too many FG's instead of TD's in the red zone... the penalties... etc etc... the conversation was ended with "doesn't matter, they are winning despite these issues and they won't lose at home."

History does mean anything but the home winning streak is money in the bank? The 'Hawks look great right now... but are they peaking too soon? That was another thing that was discussed.

We'll see the first game... With Seattle getting #1 and SF and most likely Carolina getting #5 and #6 we'll get to see one of the 2 teams that match up the best with Seattle right here in the divisional round.

Unless of course they are both "upset" by the #3 and #4 seeded Bears/Eagles/Cowboys/Lions. I don't see that happening... despite being wild cards SF and Carolina are the class of the NFC along with Seattle.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:02 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
As much as I hate the Seahawks (their coach, fans, team) & it kills me to say this, but I don't see them having much difficulty in the playoffs playing at home. I hope I'm wrong & they lose their first game. I figured that some NFC team would get hot heading into the playoffs, but the NFC still seems so weak this year minus the Seahawks & possibly the 49ers & Saints. Panthers lack playoff experience. But you never know. Look at the Ravens last year. They lost like 4 or 5 straight games heading into the playoffs & then went on to beat the #1 & #2 seeds on the road in the playoffs & eventually beat the NFC #2 seed in the super bowl.

I do not see the Seahawks winning the super bowl though. Hard to tell at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football