Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 01:47 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
That hardly qualifies as a personal attack - I haven't seen the whole thread but nothing very inflammatory there. It wasn't NICE is all. Nothing sexually inappropriate, nothing racist, nothing foul. There's a certain level of verbal evisceration that is warranted when someone oversteps. I got lambasted on another board over something incredibly stupid recently, and I didn't hold back that much when I responded (though there was more I wanted to say but didn't). Personally, I'm sunshine and light until someone gets nasty with me. And if you reveal your own flaws while going after me, yeah, I'm gonna point it out.
But the point is someone pushed his buttons and he reacted. That's when trouble really starts and you get "unsavory behavior" from both. You have to have some semblance of a thick skin in any public internet forum. Sometimes you just got to let things go and let the other poster bury themeselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
I’m merely explaining the details that you opted to leave out while trying to paint me in a negative light. I think your actions here illustrate several points in this thread that the buddy system is alive and well on this forum. You apparently didn’t like that I stood up to your forum buddy, so you thought you’d post something out of context to make it appear that I’m the real problem.

If you respond again with some off topic, personal comments about me, I’m going to report you.
What's this "report you" thing...this isn't grade school. I have no idea what that topic was about, nor do I care. But your reactions is relevant and telling to this discussion. My comment was neither off topic or personal. Come on man, relax.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:48 PM

13,634 posts, read 10,038,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I'm baffled, the CD'ers I know with very high reps and posts, over 100K, are really great people!!
My friend, it's all about envy, I think. I wonder what that's like.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:51 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,477,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
But the point is someone pushed his buttons and he reacted. That's when trouble really starts and you get "unsavory behavior" from both. You have to have some semblance of a thick skin in any public internet forum. Sometimes you just got to let things go and let the other poster bury themeselves...
If someone says something that is factually inaccurate, or a sleight against me, I’m not just going to roll over and take it. Just like you opted to leave out details when you posted what you posted. You had an agenda, but I cleared that all up. You were attempting to give me a negative reputation. And for what?

You advise people to walk away, but here you still are trying to defend your actions. Hmmm....sounds oddly familiar.

Take your own advice. Walk away. Or bury yourself. Whichever.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:55 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
If someone says something that is factually inaccurate, or a sleight against me, I’m not just going to roll over and take it. Just like you opted to leave out details when you posted what you posted. You had an agenda, but I cleared that all up. You were attempting to give me a negative reputation. And for what?

You advise people to walk away, but here you still are trying to defend your actions. Hmmm....sounds oddly familiar.

Take your own advice. Walk away.
No actually I advised people to walk away when they are getting upset. I'm not, are you?

I'm trying to give you advice - That simple advice is that you need to not take things so seriously.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No actually I advised people to walk away when they are getting upset. I'm not, are you?

I'm trying to give you advice - you need to not take things so seriously.
Why do you think I’m upset? Clarifying something does not make one automatically upset. Do you see my face right now? Do you hear the tone of my voice? Exactly!

The only thing I have reason to be perturbed about is your attempt to hi jack my thread to make a point that isn’t even a valid point. And then you continue to mock me, as if I need to “smoke up” because of the implication that I am high strung. I don’t appreciate that, and I don’t think anyone else here would either. I didn’t invite you here to try to derail me and this thread. But you opted to, and so I’m calling your bluff.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:06 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Exactly. There are many, many trolls, bigots, repeatedly banned posters and mentally disturbed people who come here to use these boards to work out their twisted ideas and impulses. They tend to be treated more harshly than others. Before you attack the responder, do a little research on the person eliciting the response.
So which one of those am I? You keep repeatedly attacking me and I often dont understand how you can get away with implying nasty things, twist my words and purposely misunderstand what I am saying.

I get banned for sexual jokes all the time. But the really mean people - such as you - somehow don't even get their personal attacks deleted by the mods.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So which one of those am I? You keep repeatedly attacking me and I often dont understand how you can get away with implying nasty things, twist my words and purposely misunderstand what I am saying.

I get banned for sexual jokes all the time. But the really mean people - such as you - somehow don't even get their personal attacks deleted by the mods.
Do we know if the negative posts even get reported? I seldom use the report function, because as insensitive as some posts can be, I do believe in freedom of speech. The only time I have reported something, it’s usually been a personal attack or completely irrelevant information that doesn’t serve the thread, and they are usually removed. Besides, I’d rather people paint themselves into a corner with their unnecessarily harsh demeanor. Eventually, I believe it will come back to haunt them.

Last edited by Left-handed; 10-06-2017 at 02:21 PM..

Old 10-06-2017, 02:24 PM

901 posts, read 747,798 times
FJW (Forum Justice Warriors) always trying to change the world. Textbook 'Concern' trolling. It is friday, must be a "mean people thread" -- weird how other forums also have mean people threads on friday's.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
FJW (Forum Justice Warriors) always trying to change the world. Textbook 'Concern' trolling. It is friday, must be a "mean people thread" -- weird how other forums also have mean people threads on friday's.
Mean people are usually mean because society has rejected them in some way or another. Like all the meanies who post over at the relationship forums, and you find out they’re middle aged, hardly been laid, and have almost never had a meaningful relationship. That’s when the sarcasm and condescension all starts to make sense. Maybe if other people loved these meanies more, they wouldn’t have a reason to be cynical **holes. Or they could just seek therapy to figure out how to be less of a burden on society.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Mean people are usually mean because society has rejected them in some way or another. Like all the meanies who post over at the relationship forums, and you find out they’re middle aged, hardly been laid, and have almost never had a meaningful relationship. That’s when the sarcasm and condescension all starts to make sense. Maybe if other people loved these meanies more, they wouldn’t have a reason to be cynical **holes. Or they could just seek therapy to figure out how to be less of a burden on society.
You might be on to something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology