Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:00 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times

Advertisements

13 years after the guy last bullied me, i ran into him and i think he owned his own gas station. he was very cordial to me. sometimes bullies change for the better.

but that was the only time i was singled out for bullying. if i was bullied at work it was because that particular person bullied everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 06:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I feel so sorry for you and your huge problems. Have you seen a counselor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
13 years after the guy last bullied me, i ran into him and i think he owned his own gas station. he was very cordial to me. sometimes bullies change for the better.

but that was the only time i was singled out for bullying. if i was bullied at work it was because that particular person bullied everyone.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The bullies grow up to be arrogant and narcissistic adults with little or no conscience. You can't change people, they just group together where they will be protected by the team, the group or some organization or some image of perfection and goodness.
You were a bully?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,803 times
yep~ was bullied in school~ particularly high school

but I had my grown spurt a little later than most!

was a 5'2" - 92 lbs high school junior. Drafted after high school~spent years in service~ got out as a 6' - 190 lbs confident guy ~ started a successful construction business.

then I attended my 40th HS reunion~ several of the girls said they remembered me being much smaller~ they guys that used to bully me remembered all those good times (that I wasn't invited to) that we had together. Was a great reunion~ but I won't be going back soon. PS. the only guys that were as successful as myself were a couple of guys that were also picked on by many...PS as I was very active in construction I could now kick any of their a$$es~ and I also did some karate while serving in Japan in the service!

Last edited by deckdoc; 04-06-2009 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: add more

Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM

huh why are you asking me that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You were a bully?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:56 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times
When I was in 6th grade I didn't know who was the king of bullies in my school but he was a 7th grader. I got in trouble with him changing classes when I didn't move out the way, I told him he should move out the way! So he picked a fight and told me he'd beat me up after school. Ok, school ends and I exit and he's waiting for me... We fight. When I was in 3rd grade my father bought boxing gloves for my brother and me to practice boxing. But I knocked my bigger brother down in a boxing match and my dad didn't like that. Ok... now I get some cheek bone hits but it didn't faze me, and I blocked some of his punches. Then my moment came... I gave a good right hander across his face and cheek to the eye and knocked him back down and he fell back to the ground... He didn't come back up to fight me.

After this fight beating the king of bullies in school everybody said I had the "new crown." That I was the guy to beat. But I saw nothing in being a bully and never picked on anyone. I mean, being a bully is total BS, just like nasty "office politics..."

Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
Yes, and this day I still cant stand rednecks, hicks, and jock types. Which is funny, because I played sports in high school...I just couldn't stand 90 percent of the people I played with.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 PM

Were they small minded jerks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Yes, and this day I still cant stand rednecks, hicks, and jock types. Which is funny, because I played sports in high school...I just couldn't stand 90 percent of the people I played with.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
Quote:
Were they small minded jerks?
Bingo!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
huh why are you asking me that???
Hmm...I wonder why someone would think that? Could it be because your comment was a tad rude to rlrl? I've read many of rlrl's posts here and in our home forum, and he seems to be a pretty together guy to me, without huge problems as your reply portrayed him, complete with crying icons for effect.

I don't know why you'd say that about anyone, since it's not in the least bit funny to make deprecating remarks about someone's mental health. You don't know rlrl, IRL, nor do I, but if he were someone who might have problems, why is it humorous to make glib comments about them? That really does have a hallmark of a bullying attitude to pick upon someone's differences and make light of it for your own amusement, but I just find it to be pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology