Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 07:47 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjereb View Post
....I will be moving to Port Charlotte in A few weeks and I have done some research on Florida gun laws. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you restricted from carrying a concealed weapon into a place that serves alcohol, i.e. Hurricane Charley's?

Bill
You are right:

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—

(12)
(a) A license issued under this section does not authorize any person to openly carry a handgun or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into:
1. Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05;
2. Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
3. Any detention facility, prison, or jail;
4. Any courthouse;
5. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;
6. Any polling place;
7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
8. Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
9. Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
10. Any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building;
11. Any career center;
12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
13. Any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;
14. The inside of the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
15. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.

(b) A person licensed under this section shall not be prohibited from carrying or storing a firearm in a vehicle for lawful purposes.
(c) This section does not modify the terms or conditions of s. 790.251(7).
(d) Any person who knowingly and willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:01 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,633,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Adios. Now time to put on my superman costume and save the world.
Was that you I saw ride by on your bicycle ?

Old 12-05-2015, 11:55 AM

186 posts, read 213,430 times
I think I'll return to a better use of my time, like taking a walk and 'exercising' my freedom- without packing heat. When I get back, I might hang out on some food, wine or restaurant forum. Lord only knows when I might find a local place that beats good old home cooking.

We're not going to resolve this gun debate here. We'll just have to agree to disagree in a polite and civil way.

Everybody enjoy your weekend!

Old 12-06-2015, 10:16 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times
This thread is closed. It has drifted off topic from the topic of "Bank Robbery 11/30/2015 in Punta Gorda".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte