Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 08:09 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If you want to be able to walk into any grocery store (or your driveway) and throw a rock without missing a New Yorker, Cary is indeed your town.

Followed closely by Apex and North Raleigh, of course.
Surely you jest!

North Raleigh is full!

I believe Apex and Holly Springs are currently taking in all the northerners!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 08:15 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
Chapelle -

Good luck with your research. I'm a NJ transplant who has lived in. north Raleigh for 10 years. I think you have already received some great tips (especially from NYC2RDU). There are tons of great towns in the Triangle for families. You will find them everywhere in the Triangle. By all means come down for a visit and check the area out. Of course you will narrow your search once you figure out where you would be working but Rlaeigh, Durham, and Chaple Hill (and the surrounding Triangle bedroom communities Wake Forest, Apex, Cary, Holly Spring, ect. are quite nice as well). Just depends on personal preference. I picked North Raleigh because I work in Raleigh and my wife and I like the access we have to downtown and stores like Whole Foods and the Raleigh Greenway. Other parts of the Triangle have these as well, but were further away from our jobs. Good luck!

Old 01-06-2016, 08:19 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,219,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

I believe Apex and Holly Springs are currently taking in all the northerners!
Nope, Holly Springs is closed. Besides, apparently Cary residents think Cary is "uppidy". So that is definitely the best choice for a relocating Yankee. Plus they're #1 in trick or treating.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:01 AM

256 posts, read 266,583 times
oooh there is a whole foods? nice!! thanks for the info north raleigh guy -

bosox what do you mean holly springs is closed? are some of the subdivisions full? TIA for the info.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:24 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,385,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post

bosox what do you mean holly springs is closed? are some of the subdivisions full? TIA for the info.
There are 3 Whole Foods stores in Raleigh.

I'm pretty sure BoSox was making a joke.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:38 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Nope, Holly Springs is closed. Besides, apparently Cary residents think Cary is "uppidy". So that is definitely the best choice for a relocating Yankee. Plus they're #1 in trick or treating.
Ok. FINE!

I wasn't going to say this but Wake Forest is open and I've had quite a few relocating folks choose it. I wasn't going to say it because when/if I can get hubby to downsize...I'm heading to Wake Forest!

I've lived in Cary...wayyyyyyyyyyyy before anyone WANTED to live there! Apex is cute...reminds me of the old Cary. Holly Springs is too far out there for ME. So...by process of elimination...I choose Wake Forest for ME. Hubby just hasn't agreed...YET.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:38 AM

547 posts, read 775,267 times
Quote:

I heard they actually closed all the gates in Wake...

Old 01-06-2016, 09:47 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,539,177 times
Quote:
Mandatory to move to Cary eh? I'm taking notes.....
Look at Northridge in North Raleigh. Older 2 golf course development with range of prices. Corner of Falls of the Neuse and Sandy Forks.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:52 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,679,477 times
Whatever suburb you choose, please be sure to bring a White Castles with you.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:04 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
There are 3 Whole Foods stores in Raleigh.
Not to split hairs, but I believe there are 2 Whole Foods stores in Raleigh. One on Six Forks Rd in North Raleigh and one on Wade Avenue closer to downtown. There is also a Whole Foods in Cary, Durham, and Chapel Hill.

OP - We also have Trader Joe's. One in Raleigh, Cary, and Capel Hill each.

Don't ask about Wegmans! It is a long discussed issue. Nothing but rumors at this point. No concrete plans for them to enter this market....yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary