Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:56 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,530,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Literally cannot STAND those silly commercials!
I usually take my commercials sitting down, literally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 09:00 PM

6,381 posts, read 5,500,035 times
You work on finding this....I'll work on finding a cable/internet provider that shows up for installation appointments on time.

We'll reconvene at the unicorn-barn

Old 10-29-2017, 09:01 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,530,403 times
Quote:
<>I kinda need someone that will work with me without a completely ridiculous interest rate.<>Thanks in advance.
We got stuck buying our last car out of town in an emergency so we had no negotiating room. We recently renegotiated our loan and placed it with our insurance company. Give yours a call, you may be surprised. One of the loads the dealer will put on you is gap coverage. Our insurance covers that for no extra fee.
Skip the upholstery treatment, super wax, undercoat, glass coat, and majik anti-rust as well.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:43 AM

43,308 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
But your Ford may be an import too.

Choices, choices.
You miss the point, in context of the thread.
The OP is looking for an honest sales rep, and limiting the choices. I know a Ford guy who is pretty straightforward, IMO.

To drift down the path you lay....
Yes. My Fords all have various levels of import-origins.
Globalization is not to be denied at this point. I do try to make choices regarding foreign content vs. domestic content. But, don't claim to be a purist, which would be futile.

By mentioning Honda, the OP is considering using a possible very high domestic content manufacturer.
What is very hard to trace is the overall labor burden in manufacturing, and where the design and engineering money is spent.

But, one of my faves will always be the Priuses with a Bernie bumper sticker.
"I want good paying union jobs here, so I can buy a 100% foreign-sourced car."
Disconnect...

Here is a little reading on industry foreign content levels from NHTSA:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.do...a_03272017.pdf

Old 10-30-2017, 06:06 AM

5,893 posts, read 6,961,324 times
Quote:
Anyway, looking for a Honda or Toyota to replace my old Nissan.
I have owned a Honda and/or Toyota since 1977, but purchased a new Hyundai a couple months ago. I have been very happy with it, so you may want to expand beyond just those two.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:29 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
We got stuck buying our last car out of town in an emergency so we had no negotiating room. We recently renegotiated our loan and placed it with our insurance company. Give yours a call, you may be surprised. One of the loads the dealer will put on you is gap coverage. Our insurance covers that for no extra fee.
Skip the upholstery treatment, super wax, undercoat, glass coat, and majik anti-rust as well.
Gap insurance covers the gap between what you owe and the value of the car if you total it. If you have any equity in your new vehicle at all, you don't need it, though some dealerships may still try to sell it to you.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:37 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
I was referred to Mark Langdon at Fred Anderson by multiple people, and very successfully used him myself 4 years ago. Based on some other comments here, maybe FA has a sales method that works usually.

You certainly want to have other financing (bank, etc) determined before you inquire about any car dealer's.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:37 AM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Pinehurst Toyota. 100% negotiated by phone and email. Beat the price offered by local dealers by several hundred dollars. They even delivered the damn thing.

RE: Financing. Absolutely agree with others - look into it before you contact any dealership. Two cars ago, manufacturer financing was zero for 36 months which beat anything else we could secure. Last vehicle USAA offered .9% - better than the dealer.
[Re: Hyundai. Leased one in 2012. VERY happy with it and loved the price. So much that we bought one in 2013. It's been recalled four times, has about 28,000 miles on it, and needed four new tires at 20,000. Sufficeit to say we bought a Toyota in 2015.]

Old 10-30-2017, 08:54 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,400,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Is that the creepy guy with the robotic head movements with the pretty latina?
The answer would be YES!

Old 10-30-2017, 08:56 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,400,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW View Post
So sorry about your accident. My husband was recently in an accident ( a dodo was speeding, lost control and ran him off the road). My husband was fine but the car was totaled. The internet was a great resource. If possible, arrange your loan with your credit union or bank, that leaves you more room for negotiation. Research factory recalls, even for new models. You can enter the VIN# of the car to check its status. Good luck!
Hmph. Had no idea about the recall options! thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary