Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 11:53 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,737 times

Advertisements

I had a car accident today, and the car will FOR SURE be totaled out. Especially with the age, mileage, and damage of the car. Anyway, looking for a Honda or Toyota to replace my old Nissan. I'm working with OKAY, but no horrible credit...so I kinda need someone that will work with me without a completely ridiculous interest rate.
Really want to avoid a slick, lying, salesman that is only worried about the commission. I also want to be able to negotiate the sticker price. And mean a decent negotiation; not like $1,000 off.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 12:02 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Good Luck!

Old 10-29-2017, 12:05 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Really want to avoid a slick, lying, salesman that is only worried about the commission. I also want to be able to negotiate the sticker price. And mean a decent negotiation; not like $1,000 off.

Thanks in advance.
Good luck with that.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:11 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,238,776 times
Mark Jacobson advertises; "We say yes". on TV all the time. But wait, can you trust a car dealer. LOL

Durham New 2017-2018 Toyota & Used Car Dealership Serving Raleigh & Apex | Mark Jacobson Toyota

Old 10-29-2017, 12:33 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Good luck with that.
Meh. I could hook the OP up if he would consider a Ford.

But, "Honda/Toyota Only" so greatly limits the market, the pickings will be slim.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:35 PM

494 posts, read 816,177 times
Sorry to hear of your car accident and hope you are ok. The best way I found to buy a new vehicle is to use the internet pricing and if you are prepared to drive a little you can make your search as large as you want. At this time of year there are great deals on 2017s. You can get money off the vehicle price as the incentive or the 0% financing.

There are services you can buy to see what the dealer cost was and go from there as well.

All I got from Mark Jacobson were form letter emails. The guy never responded to any questions. Fred Anderson Toyota was my lowest price eventually but the salesman's tactics turned me off. I liked Dustin at Burlington Toyota. Hendrick Toyota in Apex was easy to deal with too.

Best of luck!

Old 10-29-2017, 12:39 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,172 times
Consider:

Personal Vehicles - CarConnection

Old 10-29-2017, 12:40 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,184,101 times
I found the true car pricing similar to what I negotiated in store. Also worth checking out the Edmunds forum to make sure you're getting a good deal. The dealerships operate off a pretty slim margin since most of the pricing is online. They make most of their money upgrading you with extras and warranties.

I bought mine at Autopark Honda and thought they were great to work with. Honda had a special last year on 2016 CR-Vs so our financing was .9% or something ridiculously low. I think we only pay $300 interest for our total loan.

Old 10-29-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeckster View Post
Sorry to hear of your car accident and hope you are ok. The best way I found to buy a new vehicle is to use the internet pricing and if you are prepared to drive a little you can make your search as large as you want. At this time of year there are great deals on 2017s. You can get money off the vehicle price as the incentive or the 0% financing.

There are services you can buy to see what the dealer cost was and go from there as well.

All I got from Mark Jacobson were form letter emails. The guy never responded to any questions. Fred Anderson Toyota was my lowest price eventually but the salesman's tactics turned me off. I liked Dustin at Burlington Toyota. Hendrick Toyota in Apex was easy to deal with too.

Best of luck!
First off, thank for showing some concern for my accident; yes, myself and the other lady walk away unscathed. Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into that! I actually work in Mebane anyway; which is where I was headed this morning when the accident happened. So Burlington wouldn't be a far stretch. And I live in Cary, so Apex is convenient as well. Thanks!

Old 10-29-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post
I found the true car pricing similar to what I negotiated in store. Also worth checking out the Edmunds forum to make sure you're getting a good deal. The dealerships operate off a pretty slim margin since most of the pricing is online. They make most of their money upgrading you with extras and warranties.

I bought mine at Autopark Honda and thought they were great to work with. Honda had a special last year on 2016 CR-Vs so our financing was .9% or something ridiculously low. I think we only pay $300 interest for our total loan.
Yeah, I think I'll do most of my negotiating online. I've heard mixed reviews about Autopark Honda, but I'll put it on the list. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary