Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2019, 04:35 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,258,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post

I have also found NHK World from Tokyo to be accurate and fair. But it's harder to find on TV.
NHK World is on one of the UNC channels. I think 4.3

Old 07-01-2019, 04:37 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,258,427 times
Just looked, it's DW news. Thought I saw NHK there at one time.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:41 PM

425 posts, read 462,920 times
Mims on traffic was just an odd choice this morning. It was like a good ol' fashion tent revival preacher trying to do the traffic with his cadence. All I could picture was him trying to do traffic in a big market like DC or NYC. Luckily, I think a couple of trees down was the highlight of the segment.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:07 PM

4,264 posts, read 4,715,503 times
DW is good also but they tend to report Europe, naturally.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:22 PM

1,228 posts, read 798,191 times
DW is a good foil to RT. The truth is usually somewhere in between. BBC, like the Economist, tends to be reasonably even keeled in its US reporting, but I have to sift through a lot of a UK lens. It is awesome, but sometimes tiring, to look for things through multiple perspectives.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:27 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,933,225 times
Saw Julian Grace for the first tine at the anchor desk over the weekend. He can hold his own.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:32 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,941,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
DW is a good foil to RT. The truth is usually somewhere in between. BBC, like the Economist, tends to be reasonably even keeled in its US reporting, but I have to sift through a lot of a UK lens. It is awesome, but sometimes tiring, to look for things through multiple perspectives.
It's unfortunate that Americans don't realize they're getting only 1/2 the story.

You never heard about the half million Iraqis killed during our invasion. for the most part.

When I first went to Europe which is bigger, more populated, and in some respects more advanced than we are, I realized that our media is so America-focused as if the rest of the world is only useful for vacation purposes.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake74 View Post
Mims on traffic was just an odd choice this morning. It was like a good ol' fashion tent revival preacher trying to do the traffic with his cadence. All I could picture was him trying to do traffic in a big market like DC or NYC. Luckily, I think a couple of trees down was the highlight of the segment.
NY doesn't really do much on tv as if it's important at all.

They'll say 2-3 remarks and be done in 10 seconds.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:38 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,872,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
It's unfortunate that Americans don't realize they're getting only 1/2 the story.

You never heard about the half million Iraqis killed during our invasion. for the most part.

When I first went to Europe which is bigger, more populated, and in some respects more advanced than we are, I realized that our media is so America-focused as if the rest of the world is only useful for vacation purposes.
+1 from my experiences as well. If the news is any indication, we are basically clueless. BBC is the only hope.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
I pretty much stopped watching Network or cable news a long time ago because they no longer report the news they report what they want and slant it to their political views. It's no longer news it political propaganda.

As far as the local news channels I again have pretty much given up watching. Their national news stories are again being written as directed by politics. If that wasn't enough to drive me away some of the newer morning anchors on WRAL are way to .... I think the word is unprofessional. Way to much laughing and injecting their personal opinions regarding NEWS !! Just read the script and leave all the buddy buddy crap to off-air. Thank GOD for the internet .... I can and do get most of my national and international news these days from the BBC.
And yet the popular opinion on here is that WRAL anchors are too wooden without real banter.

Everyone says WTVD has more "real" anchors.

The media's objective is to sensationalize and rile people up with sound bytes taken out of context.

It is polarizing Americans to such a degree that no even knows the whole story anymore about anything.

It's just accelerating our country's fall from the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary