Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 08:46 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,871,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I like Kat, she's good and is very easy on the eyes, and makes up for Maze's stern-ness. But that weekend morning lady has yet to turn it around, I switch to ABC (or is it CBS?)

Along with Chris Hoemann I like the weekend morning guy on ABC. I think it's ABC....couldn't find him on either website.
Steve Stewart, that guy, I think he's good.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:16 AM

386 posts, read 436,622 times
I'll add that there's a seemingly new segment on the ABC morning show where Julie Wilson sits in front of her computer and scrolls through stories that are on the WTVD website. She's better than this, people. Give her some real work to do. She deserves better assignments than just begging for company clicks. I will step off my soapbox now.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:06 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetbutt View Post
I'll add that there's a seemingly new segment on the ABC morning show where Julie Wilson sits in front of her computer and scrolls through stories that are on the WTVD website. She's better than this, people. Give her some real work to do. She deserves better assignments than just begging for company clicks. I will step off my soapbox now.

To be fair, I think other stations have similar segments... but whether they have newer, less experienced on-air talent carrying out those segments is a different story.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
To be fair, I think other stations have similar segments... but whether they have newer, less experienced on-air talent carrying out those segments is a different story.
I'm sure you're right. I know they need to get web ad revenue, and therefore need people to go to their site, but it's just an awkward segment in general.

That being said, my least favorite thing on any news-related show on any network is: "Okay, now lets take a look at some of the tweets our viewers are posting". And then they read like ten inane tweets from the general public. Who is this for? Stop it please.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:52 AM

43,281 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetbutt View Post
I'm sure you're right. I know they need to get web ad revenue, and therefore need people to go to their site, but it's just an awkward segment in general.

That being said, my least favorite thing on any news-related show on any network is: "Okay, now lets take a look at some of the tweets our viewers are posting". And then they read like ten inane tweets from the general public. Who is this for? Stop it please.
But... But.... When they tweet kittens and puppies?

Ain' that hard news?

Old 06-29-2019, 11:40 PM

746 posts, read 1,242,761 times
We haven't watch WRAL in a long time, they talk to you like you are a 5 year old.

I did like Amy and Cullen but donno if they are still there.

That Renee Chew makes my skin crawl.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:01 AM

133 posts, read 109,914 times
Bring back the “ Action News 5 “ Team.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
We haven't watch WRAL in a long time, they talk to you like you are a 5 year old.

haha -- they all do when it comes to weather -- "Stay inside when it gets real hot, it's dangerous out there. Stay inside when it gets real cold, it's dangerous out there."

And as a side note, the NBC (maybe?) affiliate cut into Ellen the other day about a small apartment fire with no injuries somewhere in Raleigh. You can't be cutting in for that! Save it for real stuff.

Old 07-01-2019, 03:08 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,770,796 times
I pretty much stopped watching Network or cable news a long time ago because they no longer report the news they report what they want and slant it to their political views. It's no longer news it political propaganda.

As far as the local news channels I again have pretty much given up watching. Their national news stories are again being written as directed by politics. If that wasn't enough to drive me away some of the newer morning anchors on WRAL are way to .... I think the word is unprofessional. Way to much laughing and injecting their personal opinions regarding NEWS !! Just read the script and leave all the buddy buddy crap to off-air. Thank GOD for the internet .... I can and do get most of my national and international news these days from the BBC.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:23 PM

4,262 posts, read 4,713,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
It's no longer news it political propaganda... I can and do get most of my national and international news these days from the BBC.
I don't necessarily agree with your premise, but I agree on the response. Going back to James Burke during the space program and Alistair Cooke's Letter from America series that ran 1946-2004, the Beeb has been a trustworthy reporter and interpreter of American politics and events at the national level. I would go out of my way to listen or record Letter from America on the BBC World Service (shortwave, back then).

I have also found NHK World from Tokyo to be accurate and fair. But it's harder to find on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.