Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 05:25 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times

Advertisements

Just?? that's a feast! i just had ravioli.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:42 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
gee i just figured out i can get this site on my cell phone..770 mi to kansas city..halo anttsy today..stinks ugh might need to give him a batj at hotel if theres a tub..has a sore keeps licking at it..on his paw..poor guy..
cold out 25 and flurries..
ok will check in later
What kind of phone do you have Barb? I have a BB storm, so I have internet as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
hey all, at library quick second to check in. believe we will have internet at inlaws tomorrow. finally wrapped up first stage of getting mortgage stuff together. havent talked to DH yet today, so unless the guy calls, i want nothing to do with a mortgage tonight! just leftover chinese and Survivor.
Couple of very rough days at work, kids get squirrly this time of year. Spent some time with my former student who's sis died last christmas, got word from another student of her friend being abused, 2 other students acting out, and my 'little buddy' student destroying school property. (when i said im disappointed in you, he said, well, im disappointed in myself-what a cutie, i adore him) AND a big fight with DH last night/this am.
Sorry to hear about the rough days. Can you report the abuse of the student you heard about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone,

We are in Missouri, and so far it has been wonderful. I'm sitting in a McDonalds 20 minutes from our little house on the prairie, which has no internet. The ABF vans came this afternoon. My DH is dog tired, it's 9:20, and I just wanted to say hello, and also send my positive thoughts and prayers to all of you who are wanting to sell that you find a buyer soon. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you! Don't give up hope. Love you all, and will read back to see how everyone is doing when I have more time. Couldn't have made this journey without all you great ladies on Crazyma's thread (and a special thanks to Hdzup3) she knows why. Hugs and hellos to everyone.
Amy!! So glad to hear you made it safely to Missouri! Any news on the kids?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
Hi Gals!

Coming up for air ....its been a strange couple of months...I tried to go back to where I last posted and all I can say is its been longer than I thought and you girls just buried me in postings....

I finished up my last 2 deals in October, its been really QUIET since then, but am now picking up a couple of new buyer clients. I got really depressed when I realized that out of a fairly decent year with lots of good clients, I still made poverty wages by the time I gave the company their cut.

My work at school is going well, but I really would like to get more hours or on with them full time....because I REALLY need insurance...the reason? keep reading....

I found out I have to have a needle biopsy on one of my breasts..and it only costs $4500! I dont have any insurance and I have no idea how I am going to be able to pay that. I DO NOT believe the cost...they dont even give you any good drugs for all that money LOL.

There appears to be no help for me whatsoever and even committing to another payment of any type right now is almost impossible to contemplate. This is in an area that has been of concern before..in fact I had an MRI done of it 12 yrs ago. I asked them why now. They said I had calcifications there 2 yrs ago but now there are "more" of them. None of the ones from 2 yrs ago have changed. Now I am having to pay my agent fees for next year..another $1000...its just about enough to lay down and say UNCLE!!!!!! and lets not talk about the 2 bald tires on my car with winter coming.

The bliss in the last 2 months came on the last weekend in October and the first weekend in November I had back to back quilt retreats (my only vacation time this year) and that was lovely...They always get me jazzed up to get more sewing done!

I saw a cutie pie new kitty in the group pics...who has her and shes adorable!

Jody
We were wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I will say some prayers that everything turns out to be A-OK.

That cutie pie kitty is Misty Rose--she belongs to Joy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Just?? that's a feast! i just had ravioli.
I thought you were having chinese! Still in the room?!?! Don't worry, it won't be long and you will be living the dream in Colorado!

Annie and Joy--where are you crazy girls?

Lace--do you have any pets? Was just sitting here thinking of all who had pets and couldn't remember if you did or not.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:39 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Lacey, I am jealous! I ate an awful meal twice today and then those dang oatmeal cookies I am addicted to....been a bad day with food intake! My dd brought me a micky hamburger home for lunch and the the neighbor brought in a chicken sandwich from another fast food place, both cold and nasty but I just told them both how thoughtful they were! I am miserable too, I dont normally eat this much in one day and ickkk....

OKAY gals, My new agent is just to good to be true! Alright, she emails me to tell me she made some changes in wording and wanted my thoughts on it. Then I asked her about the add'l land I am selling and she sends me new comps a couple of hours later....I was thinking 5K/acre less than the comps....a 50k difference, OMG! Then a few minutes ago she emailed me again, 4th time today, to tell me she wants to do an open house next Sunday, scheduled for right after the parade ends when all the traffic hits the road. Looks like this next week I will be washing windows and baseboards again, maybe set the dining room table with Christmas dinner stuff (?) All festive or not??? IDEAS NEEDED LADIES!!! Of course the yard is just ugly now but what can I say or do -- nothing, lol!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:43 PM

311 posts, read 915,993 times
Stoy: Most good home inspectors will have lots of little nit picky stuff on them. The thing to remember is that it has to be a MAJOR defect to throw a kink in the contract (or at least its that way here in Indiana). Its more a thing for the buyers knowledge. Not to say that they wont ASK you to fix every little nit picky thing, but you should be able to come to a reasonable choice of what to fix and what to let the buyers live with!

The great news is that by the time they get to the home inspection, you can be pretty sure they are seriously going to close...most buyers wont spend $400 for a home inspection if they arent! Congratulations!!!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My next move is to apply to the state health insurance. I have heard you cant get on it anymore unless you have dependent children, I am hoping that is WRONG!

I hope everyone in the snowy/cold parts of the country stays warm and safe inside this weekend. I am going out tomorrow morning to show a couple of houses and then probably writing a contract on a little one.

I have had a good year as far as closings go given the crappy economy here in RV country..but when you have to give so much of what you do make to the company...you REALLY have to knock them out to make a decent living.

Take care alland have a good weekend!
jody

Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 PM

311 posts, read 915,993 times
WOOOHOOO Painter...I am just tickled to hear you got a GOOD one this time!
I think you should do some Christmas decos for the Open House...just not over do... a few candles...table decorations, wreath over the fireplace, etc. Have some cinnamon&vanilla boiling in water on the stove or in a potpourri pot..

Dont wear yourself out!
Jody

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
scheduled for right after the parade ends when all the traffic hits the road. Looks like this next week I will be washing windows and baseboards again, maybe set the dining room table with Christmas dinner stuff (?) All festive or not??? IDEAS NEEDED LADIES!!! Of course the yard is just ugly now but what can I say or do -- nothing, lol!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
OKAY gals, My new agent is just to good to be true! Alright, she emails me to tell me she made some changes in wording and wanted my thoughts on it. Then I asked her about the add'l land I am selling and she sends me new comps a couple of hours later....I was thinking 5K/acre less than the comps....a 50k difference, OMG! Then a few minutes ago she emailed me again, 4th time today, to tell me she wants to do an open house next Sunday, scheduled for right after the parade ends when all the traffic hits the road. Looks like this next week I will be washing windows and baseboards again, maybe set the dining room table with Christmas dinner stuff (?) All festive or not??? IDEAS NEEDED LADIES!!! Of course the yard is just ugly now but what can I say or do -- nothing, lol!
Go festive for the open house!! Jody had some great ideas!! I think setting the table with Christmas dinnerware is a great idea. Definitely put up a Christmas tree---white lights...make it look very elegant! It helps them to see what their new home will look like at Christmas time.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My next move is to apply to the state health insurance. I have heard you cant get on it anymore unless you have dependent children, I am hoping that is WRONG!

I hope everyone in the snowy/cold parts of the country stays warm and safe inside this weekend. I am going out tomorrow morning to show a couple of houses and then probably writing a contract on a little one.

I have had a good year as far as closings go given the crappy economy here in RV country..but when you have to give so much of what you do make to the company...you REALLY have to knock them out to make a decent living.

Take care alland have a good weekend!
jody

There has to be some sort of health insurance you can purchase. What about Cobra? Not sure what it costs though. I just purchased additional insurance from AFLAC. If and when I quit my job, I can take the Aflac with me. You might be able to get Aflac independently. They are reasonable, but I got a group rate.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning all-Tex no pets-just Mr. L.

Where's NJS?

Painter-great agent finally. Yes do what Tex said-simple and elegant.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:16 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Tex, you read 2 nights of my posts, yep, chinese one night, then ravioli last night. abuse was reported by my supervisor. the student's brother admitted to it.
Jody, feels good to tell you, I am the Buyer!!! already sold. closing mid january. interesting to read how you wrote it as i am the seller, and yep we are serious!

Painter- you always give the best advice what to do for staging!! trust your instinct!! subtle decorations, classy. you can DO it!!

Old 12-05-2009, 07:24 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
why Thanks STOY! I guess I was looking for opinions on yes or no....I was going to do the dining room, broke out the crystal candlesticks silver and mercury glass balls last night to polish for a tablescape with. This weekend I am gonna re-do the wreaths for the front door and fireplace and maybe garland around those too with lights.... doing a silver ribbon this time to reflect lights. It is so dang windy out that they wont go up till next Sat...they would end up in the cotton today! Then I have to find the Christmas towells for the bathrooms....no idea where they are. So I will focus on the entry foyer, dining room and the fireplace..........simple design with some glitz and sparkle..........well the fireplace will be a cowboy wreath though, lol....

Jody, Hope you get a contract written today! You know I was thinking about you and your insurance problems....check with a local office at the family dept. Indiana "had" alot of health issues that the state would cover if you didn't have coverage or if it was a major health illness. They are not advertised and you would have to dig for them or the doctors might know, worth investigating. Eons ago when I had rheumatic fever they covered all of my injections and meds, even though my folks had great insurance.
The CO BRA insurance is an extenstion of coverage you have with a company, it gives the employee 6 mon. to a yr to get new insurance but you pay for it and it can be awhole lot of money.

Time for a soda,,,,caffeine needed here! So dang cold and winddddyyy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate