Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM

943 posts, read 3,335,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Give him a chance. He is driven - you said it yourself. He has a day job and does his thing at night. What if you turn your back on the next Kenny G girl. If he's pursuing his passion and providing for himself, you seem to be head over heals with him, and your other guys have nothing on you two.........go for it. You only life once and you're 26. There are people with MBA's not working for years so you never know what can happen in life that's why you always buckle your seat on the roller coaster and have some fun with the ride.
I am .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:18 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,713,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
I met this very attractive man at an art gallery a little while ago and we went on our first date and everything was just great..I went home grinning from ear to ear , the guy is a total sweetheart and gentleman, funny, charming, very family oriented and is looking to settle down in the near future and last but not least the CHEMISTRY is off the meter. Now from what I've observed over the past few weeks, this guy is def seems like he's husband material.

Now the catch is that he's a musician and has a day job and is very driven but he doesn't have college education and 4 yrs younger (which blew my mind when I found out). I generally date professionals but looking back those guys didn't bring half of the characteristics that this guy brings, they just had nice resumes. Now I'm not a gold digger but at 26 I know I want a partner that can provide stability and take care of his family. Love doesn't pay the bills but money doesn't buy happiness.

Sigh....
Money can certainly make life easier which in turn can make you happy/happier which in turn could make you more lovable and in the end, help you find love.

Interesting cycle if you ask me.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:49 PM

144 posts, read 121,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Give him a chance. He is driven - you said it yourself. He has a day job and does his thing at night. What if you turn your back on the next Kenny G girl. If he's pursuing his passion and providing for himself, you seem to be head over heals with him, and your other guys have nothing on you two.........go for it. You only life once and you're 26. There are people with MBA's not working for years so you never know what can happen in life that's why you always buckle your seat on the roller coaster and have some fun with the ride.
Yeah, KMG1. Give him a chance. Think of him as a long-term lottery ticket. Who knows, maybe this potential "Kenny G" strikes it rich and becomes the man you want him to be.

In the meantime, think of the sex as the anxious giddy feelings you get in the minutes before you check your powerball numbers...

Old 10-18-2010, 01:51 PM

84 posts, read 157,451 times
Well KMG1 it never seems to go through womens' minds that maybe, just maybe you women could be THE main economical provider and let the guy be a Mr. Mom if the relationship is all that.

Wasn't the goal of feminism to take women out of the kitchens? Well now you women get to have the same responsibilities as men.

You REALLY want to give up a guy you really feel awesome with just because of money? If you do, you deserve all the misery in the World.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:51 PM

311 posts, read 694,254 times
`Is he in a rock band,what type of music dose he play?I sugest you go to his gigs for awile and see the type of enviroment he is subjected to.Guys in bands are like catnip for women and they rarely make good LTRs-bad hours and easy acssess to hot women.I know you think you found an exception but please dont delude yourself.The fact that he had to say he was a one woman man is in itself a red flag.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:03 PM

67 posts, read 116,386 times
Really? I have tons of money in the bank, I have paid my house in full, I don't have any debt, no student loans, no children to raise, no wife or girlfriend to deal with...

And guess what?

I am so friking happy I could cry! ahaha.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
I met this very attractive man at an art gallery a little while ago and we went on our first date and everything was just great..I went home grinning from ear to ear , the guy is a total sweetheart and gentleman, funny, charming, very family oriented and is looking to settle down in the near future and last but not least the CHEMISTRY is off the meter. Now from what I've observed over the past few weeks, this guy is def seems like he's husband material.

Now the catch is that he's a musician and has a day job and is very driven but he doesn't have college education and 4 yrs younger (which blew my mind when I found out). I generally date professionals but looking back those guys didn't bring half of the characteristics that this guy brings, they just had nice resumes. Now I'm not a gold digger but at 26 I know I want a partner that can provide stability and take care of his family. Love doesn't pay the bills but money doesn't buy happiness.

Sigh....
Husband material at 22? He's still pubertizing.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:19 PM

Yeah, I had that happen to me several times. Those party girls, they see how much of a good worker I am, how much i enjoy studying, and how I have my life all figured out; they decide I'm hsuband material.

Problem is that I turn around and look, notice the fact that they are in their mid 20's, that they had their fun and now they want the security and stability(and the house ah!) I can provide them with.

I smile at them and say "I ain't paying full price(or any price at all) for what others had for free, especially when you were younger and more fertile and more good looking".

Pisses them off all the time, to see a man who is going places to reject them and in such a sarcastic tone.

;D

Old 10-26-2010, 07:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMoon View Post
Really? I have tons of money in the bank, I have paid my house in full, I don't have any debt, no student loans, no children to raise, no wife or girlfriend to deal with...

And guess what?

I am so friking happy I could cry! ahaha.
Somehow I doubt your little stories. Bragging on the internet about your money and how wonderfully happy you are with no woman just seems sad and kind of pathetic and almost desperate...for attention.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Somehow I doubt your little stories. Bragging on the internet about your money and how wonderfully happy you are with no woman just seems sad and kind of pathetic and almost desperate...for attention.
It's mostly a wake up call for men. So they know that there is more to life than pleasing women and more to life than fullfilling their biological drives(which are often bad for them).

Whether you believe it or not, that is your problem. My bank account keeps on growing, and I fail to see how a 190cms male would be desperate for attention
Stop being bitter. It doesn't make you anymore appealing to men.

Or are you that angry that men aren't willing to buy used up goods?

Heh, I bet that there tons of independent women mad at me because they are never going to get their hands on my money and property. I have a lot of fun when I tell women I don't want to get married etc.

"But you are going to end up alone!!"

"Yes, and rich too! Double win!"

Love their reactions. Try it, guys. Lets see if it's all stories LOL!

Last edited by WinterMoon; 10-26-2010 at 08:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships