Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 07:56 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times

Advertisements

I enjoy dancing to certain music genres and certain settings. In clubs around people that club and to club music certainly don’t check any of my boxes.

In our PJs at home with my daughters to Gloria Estefan well I’m game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 01:19 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,139,191 times
I found out I only enjoy mindless dancing when Im drunk.
Makes me sort of go into a trance, like meditation. Ive only done that once, but Ill do it again.
OP you'll have to tell her straight up you dont like dancing and see what she says.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:18 PM

888 posts, read 555,987 times
I don't think this matters. I like to go out dancing to the club occasionally. My husband wouldn't enjoy going. So I go with friends. Not a big deal at all. Lots of other things we can do together.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:20 PM

888 posts, read 555,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganhill View Post
Stay away from women who dance. They're high maintenance and actually believe dance is a relationship foundation. This is how insane these women are. Stay away from them. Find a normal women who doesn't dance.

What the heck is this about? Dancing isn't my foundation in life. I just like to go out occasionally with friends to listen to music and dance. I would never ask or tell my husband to come with us, not his thing at all. And I am not high maintenance in the last.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:39 PM

310 posts, read 203,002 times
Equating dancing with insanity is a pretty bleak observation!

Old 12-06-2018, 02:54 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Dude just go. You don’t need to be Rico Suave on the dance floor. Just go and move around a little. Loosen your hips and throw a shoulder.
Just D O N T do the lip bite while you dance.

It’s just dancing. You’re not auditioning for “so you think you can dance” .just get up close to her and move your hips the way she does. Turn, shake your booty.move your upper body,

And eventually if you’re out on the floor long enough the rhythm is gonna get ya.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:01 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
OLD THREAD!

Though I'd love to know what happened with the OP, whether he chickened out on the date, went and danced ok, went and sat shyly, or went and made a fool of himself...ah, such a mystery!!

I don't like to dance, personally, and I don't touch alcohol or any other intoxicant so that won't help me. Mostly it's that feeling of "I'm bad at it, I'm clumsy, I look a fool and everyone is gonna be LOOKING AT ME" that gets me freaked out. My boyfriend can actually dance. I've had guys try to teach me how to dance. I get all shy and upset and I don't wanna. For someone who can be incredibly outgoing, this is just one of those things.

However, there is ONE musical act that will get me dancing no matter what. They're called March Fourth Marching Band, from Portland. First of all their music is so amazing you can't be still, and secondly, when you look and everyone is dancing and obviously any number of them aren't great at it either, so you can just get lost in the chaos. Feels like no one is watching, and no one cares.

But one time I was at one of their shows, and I was dancing about having a lovely time, and they began this one song, where a lady on stage tries to lead everyone in a simultaneous set of dance movements, and suddenly I freaked out and had to run off and sip my drink...it was the notion that there was a right way and a wrong way, and if I did it wrong, I'd stand out...so much nope.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
I don't need a guy who knows how to dance well, I just want one who is open to it, even if he's not a great dancer. I just want a guy who's not afraid to get out there and have fun.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:38 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
I am a women who would have no problem dating a guy who doesn’t dance. When I was growing up, I didn’t have opportunities to learn, so I’m clumsy and certainly not as graceful as a woman should be. All dancing does is make me feel nervous and incompetent. I’d rather snuggle. LOL

Old 12-06-2018, 05:50 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I don't need a guy who knows how to dance well, I just want one who is open to it, even if he's not a great dancer. I just want a guy who's not afraid to get out there and have fun.
Interesting thing, I find that the more comfortable I am with myself, the better I dance. As a man, don't try anything "insane" Just move with rhythm. If you are smooth, you'd be amazed at how easy it is to be considered a good dancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships