Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wimpy View Post
Okay so I have a date for Friday. I wanted to do one thing but she convinced me we need to go to a bar/club with a dance floor, because she loves dancing.

Stupid old me, just happy that I got a date, didn't realize I may have bitten off more than I could chew because I'm not a good dancer, I hate dancing and for the life of me refuse to dance.

Have some drinks beforehand. Dancing requires being able to let go. It's when you're sober that you'll be too stiff and self-conscious. After a couple drinks, you may still make a fool of yourself, but you probably won't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 01:22 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,955 times
No. I'm not a dancer myself so we can do other things.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:33 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wimpy View Post
Okay so I have a date for Friday. I wanted to do one thing but she convinced me we need to go to a bar/club with a dance floor, because she loves dancing.

Stupid old me, just happy that I got a date, didn't realize I may have bitten off more than I could chew because I'm not a good dancer, I hate dancing and for the life of me refuse to dance.

Yes, if she loves to dance. You can be the suckiest dancer ever but if you at least try so will love it. So, suck it up and quit being so lazy!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:34 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
but he wins major points if he at least tries and doesn't care if he looks "stupid" in front of me. I find it cute if he tries.
I think a lot of guys get hung up with thinking they have to be a great dancer when that's not true at all. It's all about enjoying the person you are with and not being "afraid" of how you look.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:17 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,424 times
I hate dancing too. I cant dance for the life of me and I have no intention of learning it. I do not like it.

And I wouldn't go out with someone who would hold something like that against me.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:21 PM

664 posts, read 773,932 times
I'm pretty sure that even if I tried to dance just for her, me stepping on her feet every minute is going to put the kibosh on any benefits my looking foolish would give me.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:33 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Love to dance...but if you would just watch her dance and be appreciative of her moves that might work. However, as an earlier poster said, dancing does give you the opportunity for her to hold you and for you to hold her. It is an easy way to get up close and personal quickly.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:22 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,500 times
Get some alcohol and go to dancing clubs that are a bit more dark and a little crowded and no one will notice anything. Youll prob have fun

Old 12-11-2010, 01:43 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
There is one BIG catch: I know a guy who has women all the time tell him he "can't dance", when in actually, he is a formally trained dancer. Thing is, he studoes capoeira, a Brazilian martial art/dance that is simply beautiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51q1VB_dDik

The issue is, he can't dance WITH THEM, so the women say "he can't dance."

In my years of observing them, I have noticed that women have a big difference between what they say and what they mean, and also that they are allot more likely to be influenced by prevaling attitudes than men are. So, why a guy who can kind of mouth around holding on to a woman on the dance floor while remaining six foot tall and "dashing" is said to "know how to dance", my friend the 5'7 hippie with dreads and a scruffy beard doing back flips and hand stands in rythem to music is said to not know how to dance.

Dancing for women, like many MANY other things, is not about what actually is, but about the image of what is. As long as one had the image of a great dancer and knows what a woman expects one to be like, he can be a good dancer, even though he has two left feet while a great dancer who is not what women believe from the media, their girlfriends, society etc a good dancer to be is not, to them, a good dancer.

Just the way it is.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:09 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Probably......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships