Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 05:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I am a women who would have no problem dating a guy who doesn’t dance. When I was growing up, I didn’t have opportunities to learn, so I’m clumsy and certainly not as graceful as a woman should be. All dancing does is make me feel nervous and incompetent. I’d rather snuggle. LOL
I'm kinda shy when it comes to dancing, but even I would get out on the dance floor. Women who are rather "clumsy" and rather not dance can relax with me. I've been there

You wouldn't have to worry about "gracefulness". A lot of people, women and men are not all that graceful.

Just go with the beat.

But everyone can decide when or if to dance. In the end, it is not even a small deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 04:14 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Somewhere in this thread, a man was described as "moving like a Spider", in actuality, I literally saw a man do this on the dance floor....and it DID freak a couple of my female friends out. They walked to another area of the floor and they were like "What's up with that guy, can't he take it down a notch?" It was as if he was trying too hard to impress them with some mating dance.

Old 12-07-2018, 08:55 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,089,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganhill View Post
Stay away from women who dance. They're high maintenance and actually believe dance is a relationship foundation. This is how insane these women are. Stay away from them. Find a normal women who doesn't dance.
Most women who like to dance are not "...high maintenance and actually believe dance is a relationship foundation." Where did you get that, you must be really scared by dancing. I think like anything done in moderation, dancing is a fun activity to do when you are out with a woman. It is also a lot more fun and a lot healthier than sitting down and eating in a restaurant or watching a movie,etc. It is also very easy to understand personal chemistry when dancing, as a woman who has no attraction to a man will not make any body to body contact...

But I would not agree to go to a place with dancing for the first date. You want to get to know the person a little bit first in a more ordinary environment...

Old 12-07-2018, 09:28 AM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I'm kinda shy when it comes to dancing, but even I would get out on the dance floor. Women who are rather "clumsy" and rather not dance can relax with me. I've been there

You wouldn't have to worry about "gracefulness". A lot of people, women and men are not all that graceful.

Just go with the beat.

But everyone can decide when or if to dance. In the end, it is not even a small deal.
The whole "going with the beat" thing is part of what freaks me out about it. Like I can't even tap my fingers on a table surface to a beat without at some point eventually messing it up. And I'm convinced that if I get "off" or out of sync with the beat of the music, everyone will know I'm doing it wrong. People will judge. It's weird but it legit scares me.

So unless it's a big, chaotic crowd of people doing all sorts of crazy stuff and no one really standing out, I'm not willing to get up and dance. I've been in little pubs where a few people would dance now and again, when it's just a handful of people like that, the WHOLE ROOM watches them. EEK NO. I will hide under the table, you won't find me. Nope nope nope.

Honestly most of the music events I go to have mosh pits, not dance floors, anyhow. I'm thankful for that. I'd literally rather have people smooshing and beating on me in a moshpit, than people staring at me on a dance floor. lol...whatever that says about me. My ego is more fragile than my body, perhaps.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:50 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,409,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wimpy View Post
Okay so I have a date for Friday. I wanted to do one thing but she convinced me we need to go to a bar/club with a dance floor, because she loves dancing.

Stupid old me, just happy that I got a date, didn't realize I may have bitten off more than I could chew because I'm not a good dancer, I hate dancing and for the life of me refuse to dance.

Yeah only on PROM night.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:06 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
If I had one simple recommendation for young men who are a bit awkward socially, it would be to dance. Well if you can, but dance. I lived the first 50 years of my life calculating the chance that dancing might break out at some party or event I was considering attending. And I seem to be awkward in a way that challenges women, because getting Homina to dance has always been on some list somewhere. Finally at about 50 I got to where I could partner dance a bit and it's been a relief.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:11 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dynamo View Post
In Puerto Rico if you do not dance you are worthless $#!+ to women, period. Can't dance=guaranteed loneliness 100%. To Puerto Rican women dancing decides who their man for life is. I ain't playin'. It's total truth.
This. It is a very cultural thing. In Indian men all that matters is $$$. You can have three left feet but you have to support a family and yourself and have plenty of dough left over or you're a pariah. Dancing? Who cares? So, OP, if you're an Indian dude, you're in luck. Just move on to a woman who doesn't dance.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:19 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wimpy View Post
It's an old cartoon character

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Wellington_Wimpy

Ergo my hamburger craving
He ain't Popeye.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:35 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The whole "going with the beat" thing is part of what freaks me out about it. Like I can't even tap my fingers on a table surface to a beat without at some point eventually messing it up. And I'm convinced that if I get "off" or out of sync with the beat of the music, everyone will know I'm doing it wrong. People will judge. It's weird but it legit scares me.

So unless it's a big, chaotic crowd of people doing all sorts of crazy stuff and no one really standing out, I'm not willing to get up and dance. I've been in little pubs where a few people would dance now and again, when it's just a handful of people like that, the WHOLE ROOM watches them. EEK NO. I will hide under the table, you won't find me. Nope nope nope.

Honestly most of the music events I go to have mosh pits, not dance floors, anyhow. I'm thankful for that. I'd literally rather have people smooshing and beating on me in a moshpit, than people staring at me on a dance floor. lol...whatever that says about me. My ego is more fragile than my body, perhaps.
It's okay to be a little bit "off" on the beat. You don't want to be too 'on' the beat, that would make me seem very awkward and constricted. I allow myself to be a little bit off the beat, I trust my body to catch up with the beat. When you are dancing, your primary relationship is with the music. Never mind others.

And since when did I become Mr. Dance Guru. I'm one of those dudes who got roasted for having a standing seizure on the dance floor, and I ain't even epileptic.

But I wouldn't dance in a pub when others are watching me...or I wouldn't start dancing anyway. I'd have to warm up first and establish my relationship with music and then I can let myself out into the dance floor.

And believe me, I am scared to death of people judging me on the dance floor, I just go off in my own world. Not worried about the beat. I've been to one mosh pit, and it is an interesting experience. Definitely a way to have a good time.

Now, i'm about to do the running man to Whitney Houston's "And I Will Always Love You"

Old 12-07-2018, 07:37 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
My husband is a klutz when it comes to dancing, his parents are both dancers. I’m ok with it. He can boogie though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships