Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 03:41 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I thought I couldn't dance but a friend convinced me otherwise. What did I do, I just allowed myself to enjoy myself. I tapped in with the rhythm. I didn't try too hard. I didn't care if anyone was watching...etc. She says I'm good. At the same time, I'd have to be in the mood.

But couldn't keep a beat for three measures? You're still a good person as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah just like this

https://youtu.be/bMtuQJ9Ccj8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 07:51 PM

202 posts, read 128,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
You could get that good just watching YouTube a few hours and dancing along.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:26 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
"If a man doesn't know how to dance he doesn't know how to make love. There, I said it."
--Craig Ferguson
^^^This.

How a guy dances does suggest how he will be in bed. Does not mean a non-dancer cannot make love; just not a well or as exciting as the guy who is looser and more serpentine in his movements.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:21 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,430,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
^^^This.

How a guy dances does suggest how he will be in bed. Does not mean a non-dancer cannot make love; just not a well or as exciting as the guy who is looser and more serpentine in his movements.
Lemme guess, you're a dancer?

Old 12-10-2018, 07:32 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Lemme guess, you're a dancer?
Well, not really. Just adequate enough to not be stiff and boring.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:49 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,093,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Raising my kids, I made sure that they both (my daughter and my son) knew how to properly slow dance, and well as some basic freestyle "all purpose" dance movements.

Being able to dance, even a little bit, is a life skill that will serve them well from time to time. Like at their own wedding, for instance, or at the school prom, it will be expected. Always sitting and refusing to dance makes you look like a social stick-in-the-mud.

No one expects you to be a great dancer, but refusing to dance no matter what, is going to be a social handicap, in my opinion.
Yes I agree 100%. In addition always sitting in social situation, eating & drinking is also unhealthy and makes one even fatter than normal...

Old 12-10-2018, 07:53 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,093,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Okay, to all y'all non-dancers. Where were y'all when I needed y'all?! I needed to learn how to dance in order to survive.
Just take a couple of beginner dancing classes in your local dance studio. Probably any dance style is fine but I found swing to be the easiest to learn. Salsa, tango are a lot harder for me. ...

Old 12-10-2018, 08:04 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Just take a couple of beginner dancing classes in your local dance studio. Probably any dance style is fine but I found swing to be the easiest to learn. Salsa, tango are a lot harder for me. ...
That was about 5 years ago and then I learned to just allow myself to connect with the music. When it comes to dancing at a party or a night club, there really isn't anything to it instead of moving with rhythm. You just have to get out of your head. Salsa and tango sounds interesting, and Swing dancing.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:09 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Yes I agree 100%. In addition always sitting in social situation, eating & drinking is also unhealthy and makes one even fatter than normal...
It's actually a vicious cycle. (it was for me).

One thing that helped me was looking at how people dance in social situations and then by myself where no one could see me, practice getting comfortable with myself. Eventually I found my style. Being a guy, I don't have to do much on the dance floor. Just go with the tempo and the rhythm.

No one has to do all the choreography and the spinning and the flipping during a party or an event.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:37 AM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
^^^This.

I like Craig Ferguson a lot, and I can see how that statement that a man who is good at dancing would be good in bed or whatever but I don't think it's actually true. It's cute, but it's not true.

Mostly because a good dancer can still be a selfish lover, and "good in bed" is very subjective because people don't all like the same things. Just being able to um...do that..."Time Warp" move...with proper rhythm for an extended period of time, is not gonna get the job done for the discerning lover. However, watching someone dance, if they look good doing it, definitely can put the idea into the viewer's mind.

The couple I dated when I was poly, they are both really amazing dancers. I used to really enjoy just watching them, it was like a kind of voyeurism almost. And even if I was too shy to get up and dance with them, I felt an odd sense of pride that I was there with them.

Honestly when it comes to men, I think there is an element of attractiveness to watching a competent person do something that they are good at. Any time I'm like "hey, look at you, doing a thing well" that is points in their favor, no matter if it is dancing, making music or art, fixing or building something, cooking, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships