Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:15 AM

20 posts, read 44,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abide32 View Post
so people in the real professional world won't be like this?

Is my background really a big deal out of high school? I thought young people were supposed to be more open minded. Anyways I just feel left out, now I think that no matter how I present myself, me being a certain background will limit my success. I mean when is the last time you saw an Indian male with a non-Indian wife.
Never, because Indian men aren't part of the dating pool in this nation, and you won't be included no matter how good you look or how great your personality is.

Fact is, asking this on an online forum like this wouldn't help you at all, because most of the women here who moderate and answer your queries happen to be like the kids you encounter right now, except that now they know to mask their answers and answer diplomatically, what else do you expect here, these are the same people you encounter today in your high school, except that they have grown older and would rather not say it to you directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
You don't get it.

I do put myself out there but the place I live in is basically a heck hole for people of my background.

You can say its me but when you constantly hear bad things about people from your background and when the general view towards them is negative there is not much you can do.

As for me not having success with the ladies. There was this one Hispanic girl (she was from New York) who was into me, we went out but then her peers at the school pressured her into breaking up with me, seriously. Like her White and Asian friends tried to get her to break up with me, she even said it, she didn't do so, result is she ended up getting made fun of. Eventually she moved.

I know sometimes it is the person but in my case, it may just be the people. The people here honestly suck. I have tried my best to get involved and portray myself as an outgoing individual but I hear racial slurs so many times that I just feel like it is pointless.
It's in indeed pointless, just find an Indian girl that grew up in the States, you won't have this problem, stay away from White, Asian or Hispanic women. Simple solution.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:18 AM

11 posts, read 30,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockjitter View Post
The fact remains that American society on an average is extremely hateful of Indians, and all the racial taunts you have faced from their kids are a reflection of the kind of social conditioning they have undergone. You could try a million things, but at the end of the day, your perception in this part of the world would only be negative. Dating an American girl although not unconstitutional is a social taboo and would be frowned upon, the girl would most probably be put down and ridiculed by her friends by giving a chance to an Indian guy.

All that said and done, you don't have to worry about it, fact is, no matter how much the people here hate you, Indians are the richest minority, almost 10% of the millionaires in this nation belong to Indian ancestry, and for a group that forms only 0.5% of the nation's population, that is a mighty achievement. Be proud of that, and one day you would perhaps be very successful and proud of it if you follow in the footsteps of your fellow Indian brethren.

Also, the ones who mock at arranged marriage have no concept of how a modern Indian matchmaking process works, fact is, most Americans don't even want to know, they blindly would make assumptions about you that you would be forced to marry someone against your will while that is hardly the case with the majority of modern Indian households, atleast the ones that you see for the most part in the West. Most of the ones that have mocked you would end up marrying the wrong guy anyway and get divorced a few years down the line, they are the ones missing out on a steady and decent individual like yourself, so it's their loss, and you would have the last laugh.

While the women here have no qualms in adopting Eastern practices like Yoga, etc etc although they claim these days that even those aren't really invented by CURRY INDIANS(in their own words), they have no problem in talking crap about the same people behind their back or even in front of them like how you encountered, I would urge you to grow thicker skin, you would face more and more experiences like this going forward since more and more people are jealous of Indians and their success in the West as a consequence of which, their hatred would only increase with time.

I could be criticized for saying this, but this is the truth, and if this post is deleted and I banned, the mod's are only proving my point as to how much they hate someone Indian to express his opinion here.
Well my dad tells me the grass is greener on the other side because in his experience, people in California are really open to other cultures and he had nothing but a positive experience there.

Quote:
It's in indeed pointless, just find an Indian girl that grew up in the States, you won't have this problem, stay away from White, Asian or Hispanic women. Simple solution.
I just don't want an Indian woman. Well, guess I will just have to man up and open myself to a tougher road in order to get the same privilege of dating out afforded to men of other backgrounds.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Well my dad tells me the grass is greener on the other side because in his experience, people in California are really open to other cultures and he had nothing but a positive experience there.

I just don't want an Indian woman. Well, guess I will just have to man up and open myself to a tougher road in order to get the same privilege of dating out afforded to men of other backgrounds.
What's really wrong with Indian women?? Again, in that case, you seem to have issues of your own, I can see that you hate your self, your ethnicity, etc etc, fact is, you could keep trying to find women of an ethnicity different from your own, but be prepared for a lot of insults, racial taunts, stereotypes heaped on you, people laughing behind your back, etc etc, if you are prepared to go through all that just to find a woman who is eventually going to dump you because your race isn't considered COOL, all the best to you.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
WoW

Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
Never, because Indian men aren't part of the dating pool in this nation, and you won't be included no matter how good you look or how great your personality is.

Fact is, asking this on an online forum like this wouldn't help you at all, because most of the women here who moderate and answer your queries happen to be like the kids you encounter right now, except that now they know to mask their answers and answer diplomatically, what else do you expect here, these are the same people you encounter today in your high school, except that they have grown older and would rather not say it to you directly.
HeadHunter?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
It didn't take long for this thread to digress......

Old 05-09-2011, 11:33 AM

11 posts, read 30,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It did not, I am leaving it to be and posting one other thread about something I am curious about. Maybe a poll too (the second I learn how to do that). After that, I will go to the gym, read what people say, thank them for contributing and then wait for high school to end. We don't have school today oddly enough.

Oh and I don't even know if I have to attend anymore, I got into Columbia University, -runs around in circles-.

2,596 posts, read 5,582,871 times
Quote:

Um, excuse me? The point of your thread is to complain that girls won't give an Indian guy a chance, yet you are saying that you yourself do not want an Indian girl? Maybe the girls don't like you because you're a hypocrite!

There are no "privileges" afforded in dating. If you want girls to go out with you, you need to present yourself as an attractive man and ask them out. Don't make excuses. That is unattractive on any man. Women are not attracted to bitter whiners who complain that they're too short, too fat, too this or that to get the girl. The truth is, every man (and woman) has something they could use as an excuse. If you want to find a partner, you have to prove yourself better than the competition, not look pitiful and beg for a handout.

Since your culture has a stronger history of arranged marriages and marrying within one's race than most, I think you will need to be more proactive in pursuing women out of your race.

Again, I am so sorry for the ugliness you are enduring in high school. Just don't get a chip on your shoulder with the idea this is somehow unique. MANY people are bullied in high school, for a variety of reasons. It really does get better when you go on to college, so long as you keep an open mind and allow yourself to have a fresh start.

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Two posters sound familiar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships