Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you make your bed?
Yes! Always 28 62.22%
No. Why bother? 7 15.56%
Sometimes, for good reasons 6 13.33%
Only when we change the sheets. 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Sheets are used to keep the blankets clean. Just like pillow cases. You can wash and or replace the linens easier than washing/replacing blankets & pillows. Think of them as underwear for your bed. So, YUCK on not using a top sheet!

We both make the bed every day, depending on whose the last one out of it.
Got to say, I completely agree!

If you aren't using a top sheet that blanket needs to be washed every 7 days at the very least.

Even if you aren't having much sex, your body sloughs off plenty of dead skin cells and makes that thing pretty gamey within days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,581,039 times
Default Hospital corners

For those who asked about hospital corners:

Basic Training: How to Make a Bed With Hospital Corners - YouTube

Old 12-03-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
This /\

The bed feels so much better to me if the sheets are pulled back tight and neat and I then go to pull back the comforter in climb into it at night. I also have a decorative comforter, 2 shams and 8 pillows on it. I want it as if I'm walking into a hotel room every night.

But that's just me.
It's not just you

My bedroom is my sanctuary.

When I enter it after a long day I want to feel peace and tranquility - ahhhhh.

A messy bed and messy room messes with your mind

Old 12-03-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
For those who asked about hospital corners:

Basic Training: How to Make a Bed With Hospital Corners - YouTube
It's kind of sad that some of the younger people here haven't at least HEARD of hospital corners.

I think our country would be so much better off if like Israel we required every 18 year old to spend 2 years serving in the military, male and female.

In addition to many other life skills, the military will make sure you know how to make a bed, lol!

I know not making a bed may seem like a small thing to some people, but to me it is indicative of an undisciplined, even rebellious minded person in general.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:04 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,789,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Egad!! Id BURN those things! Gah I hate unecessary pillows. Ive often wondered who decided it was a good thing to put a bunch on the bed that never get used?

And...forgive me...but whats the point of ironing sheets?
I know, my fiancé can hardly stand it when he sleeps over. He likes the way it looks but he is daunted by the task of removing them. But I must have them, I would feel "plain" without them. They serve no function, decorative only, except for the two we sleep on.

He's like "When we get married would you consider getting rid of some pillows?".

As for ironing sheets they feel and look better. Everything looks better when it's ironed.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:10 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,581,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It's kind of sad that some of the younger people here haven't at least HEARD of hospital corners.

I think our country would be so much better off if like Israel we required every 18 year old to spend 2 years serving in the military, male and female.

In addition to many other life skills, the military will make sure you know how to make a bed, lol!

I know not making a bed may seem like a small thing to some people, but to me it is indicative of an undisciplined, even rebellious minded person in general.
I would surprise you!

Old 12-03-2011, 09:15 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,017,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I'm sorry, I would be dead if I spent any time in the military with some idget of a drill sargent telling me how to make a freaking bed.

I make my bed a few times a week maybe. I'm not impressing anyone but myself and it sleeps just fine whether or not it's made. The only important factor for me is clean sheets, which I do wash weekly.

But no, I've never heard of hospital corners, and from that video, I could have gone another 29-30 years without hearing about them. Too much crap to only use a few hours a day.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:28 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,647,244 times
I am having the hardest time finding affordable pillows (regular bed pillows) that keep their shape/fluffiness/hold up to washing when necessary and are not ridiculoulsy expensive. Even the ones I've paid a bit more for aren't keeping their shape as long as I remember pillows lasting in the past. I guess everything just is getting more cheaply made/crappier, even if the cost to consumer doesn't go down. I use synthetic fill, not down, and I don't care for memory foam ones.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,647,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm sorry, I would be dead if I spent any time in the military with some idget of a drill sargent telling me how to make a freaking bed.
It's a good thing you aren't in the military, because bedmaking would be the least of things you'd be required to do to specification.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:39 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,091,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
an unmade bed makes the room look unkempt. .

Also, a neat, smooth bed is so inviting at the end of the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
If I were a guest and I were to use the bathroom, for instance, and seen (all) bedroom door(s) shut I'm thinking closet slobs.
Agree!!! ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I have a question. A serious one.

People actually have decorative pillows on their own beds? I thought those were just what you left on guest beds...

damned throw pillows, I hate them. they take up valuable space that real pillows could occupy.
YES! They are for my bed. We have 4 pillows for sleeping with and 6 decorative pillows currently plus a blanket or two that gets folded across the bottom of the bed (they are mine...I get a lot colder than the husband so I need extra blankets).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships