Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:29 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Is this what you're looking for? Pretty?

If you are really as attractive as you say you are, then getting women shouldn't be a problem regardless of what the article says.

If you're confident, not a socially awkward mess, somewhat intelligent and REALLY attractive like you say are, then you'll do fine in NYC.

Also, are you limiting your preference to only white women? Are you willing to experience with other nationalities and races?

You sound angry. Why??

You should find your cornbread midwestern wife in the CITY that YOU came from if you find it hard to date in NYC, since you all share the same milk toast values.

WOW! All I said was attractive women and I mentioned I think I'm handsome myself. I said nothing about being really attractive.

And what's up with the racism? I didn't even mention a race, I said women.

And finally the question was about getting women, it was about the views of women in NYC toward long term relationships...

sigh... and finally how do I sound angry... wait don't answer that. The last thing I want is for this thread to get off topic

Old 12-03-2011, 12:34 PM

221 posts, read 525,496 times
Let me add my .02 cents about dating in NYC.

-> Women in NYC expect a lot. Moreso then any other zip code. They want to experience everything NYC has to offer. You have to want to explore and be actively involved socially to really find a great girl.

-> Women in NYC also always like to compare. They are highly analytical. The girl I am currrently dating lost friends because they were jelous about the things we were doing, restaurants where we dined, etc. Even though her friends were also in relationships, with really good guys BTW, they just weren't experiencing what we were.

-> Women in NYC also like to have a guy whom they can talk about to their coworkers. They want to be able to say.."he brought me here, he bought me this, etc."

Thats it.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:41 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times
i don't understand about the coworkers part

Old 12-03-2011, 01:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
MY thing is this that I put women in this city into three groups the Transplants, the Natives and the Immigrants same could be said about men too. All women across the three categories are looking for finicial security and stability aswell as safety net this is natural to some extent except for some natives and to a lesser extent Transplants. Transplant women in NYC for the msot part are Niave, they come from small towns and move to big cities like NYC and have random sex with herpes free out of towners. Transplants tend to date other Transplants here in this city and are very reluctant on not to date locals aswell as immigrants unless or he she is European or Southern Cone South American. Native NYC women are crazy and nuerotic and also have alot of baggage, most likely to be single parent and also to be carrying that single independent women attitude. Also very likely to take babies daddy to court for child support money. Native women here are good at picking short term mates but not good at picking a longterm companion. Immigrant women are another beast, they tend also to be picky most likely date or be in a relationship with a man thats in a similar cultural background or date a citizen for finincial reasons to become a resident of the U.S which is not good. The only thing I like about some immigrant women like African and Asian types is that they are goal oriented compared to Latin American and European breads. NYC women have to much baggage, to much baby father drama and have that independent women mantra going on, which I dont mind but it used to the max however they still ask for funds. Looks like Im going to have to go to the Midwest or West Coast and shoot my genetics inside one of women and start a family.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 12-03-2011 at 01:29 PM..

Old 12-03-2011, 01:23 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
to me the term "loser" is twofold

a man like me would immediately be tagged a "loser" simply by the fact that I can be perceived as boring or uninspired despite my long work history and independent living

but a more outgoing confident man with a great job with ambition would be tagged a "loser" AFTER a major flaw was discovered such as abusiveness

so until a woman has TRULY had enough of the second type of man, they will never see any virtue in my type

Excuse me, but your professional stability has absolutely no bearing on whether or not you're boring.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
i don't understand about the coworkers part

Think about it. Women in NYC aspire to always be better then their coworkers and work harder then their superiors. If they live in NYC, they have a good job.
Being able to brag is important.

Also, being able to comprare restaurants or talk about the hippest places to eat is important. This way, you can compare notes with your boss, recommend places, and seem etc.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:50 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
WOW! All I said was attractive women and I mentioned I think I'm handsome myself. I said nothing about being really attractive.
Again, do you want a "pretty" person or are you willing to accept anyone with a nice personality and who will be down for you in the future?

Quote:
And what's up with the racism? I didn't even mention a race, I said women.
You're from the midwest. It's not like there are an abundant of different cultures in those states. It's mostly overwhelmingly WHITE.

Again, are you willing to date ALL TYPES OF WOMEN or just stay with what you're used to? It's a fair question.

Quote:
And finally the question was about getting women, it was about the views of women in NYC toward long term relationships...
Let me tell you this and then I'll leave it alone.

If you can PUT IT DOWN IN THE BEDROOM those women will no longer be interested in a "friends with benefits" situation.

It's true, especially if you're as handsome and upwardly mobile as you say you are. They will call you, hound you and want you to eventually "commit" with them. Seriously, most men are horrible lovers or have no clue of what they're doing and many women do not feel like teaching. Even when they do tell the person what they like, he still fails at it, so that's why many women say they're not interested in anything "longterm".

You can be a construction worker and she a lawyer, but if you can rock the sheets, she will want you to be her man and ignore what her "peers" say.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:11 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
Let me add my .02 cents about dating in NYC.

-> Women in NYC expect a lot. Moreso then any other zip code. They want to experience everything NYC has to offer. You have to want to explore and be actively involved socially to really find a great girl.

-> Women in NYC also always like to compare. They are highly analytical. The girl I am currrently dating lost friends because they were jelous about the things we were doing, restaurants where we dined, etc. Even though her friends were also in relationships, with really good guys BTW, they just weren't experiencing what we were.

-> Women in NYC also like to have a guy whom they can talk about to their coworkers. They want to be able to say.."he brought me here, he bought me this, etc."

Thats it.
What you mentioned is true but that's the bad side of NYC women. lol

I wouldn't say a girl who really cares about the above 3 points is a "great girl".

Old 12-03-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
What you mentioned is true but that's the bad side of NYC women. lol

I wouldn't say a girl who really cares about the above 3 points is a "great girl".
Every girl is the same in NYC though. NYC has built a culture based around money, wealth, and materialism. Women in NYC want someone who can provide for them, so eventually they can take care of the kids in Greenwich CT.

Sad but true.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:21 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
Every girl is the same in NYC though. NYC has built a culture based around money, wealth, and materialism. Women in NYC want someone who can provide for them, so eventually they can take care of the kids in Greenwich CT.

Sad but true.
Women all over the world desire a provider or a man that can hold his own without struggling.

And not every girl "is the same in NYC". If that was the case, then many wouldn't be with men living from paycheck to paycheck or with no job at all.

Are you talking about girls from Manhattan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships