Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 02:22 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times

Advertisements

Bridgeport isn't good enough hah?

Old 12-03-2011, 02:29 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,052,255 times
I am going to speak from a Hispanic/African American/Black male's point of view.
I don't know how white women work, but it's probably more of the same.

The problem with women in NYC is the fellas. I am a very attractive guy, no lie. Yet, I haven't been in a relationship in 2 years. The problem? Competition. Thirsty guys gas a females head so much, that she believes she is untouchable, and that she is the most amazing thing on this planet. A female walks around and probably gets hundreds of compliments/cat calls a day. Anything from "God bless you" to "Wow you're an angel" to "Let me tap that butt". This inflates their ego. I remember how those compliments used to make me feel when I used to get them. I would smile from ear to ear, and my self esteem would go through the roof. Females need this adoration daily in order to survive. Females in nature are very insecure, weak, and inferior beings. So with all this attention (which they think is sincere, when in actuality the guy just wants to beat) they think as themselves as other worldly, which in turn means that guys are going to rejected every single time.

If all guys would stop gassing girls up, they will come back down to earth. They're going to start hollering at us males, and they will NOT play hard to get. Their self esteems would be through the floor, and many females would be on suicide watch. The lack of compliments, to them, would mean that they're no longer attractive. Look at some of the threads here, on NYC cat calls. There are some females here who complain about it, mostly because the guys doing it are "short village people" and not their Brad Pitt. It is ironic, because if we guys stop cat calling females, they would get on here, with their little bitty sob story of how they feel unloved and neglected. They would LONG for the days of the short village people. How would you guys feel if you'd receive tons of compliments daily? I know I would be on the moon.

So I, as an attractive male, REFUSE, to compliment females. They do not deserve it. For what? for what's between their legs? So what! That doesn't make them any better than me. I am superior to them, as I don't feel lonely, am not needy, don't long for cuddling, or relationships, or love. I am independent, as most guys in nature are, and can survive alone. Why don't they compliment me? Why should I lower myself to their level? I am not going to humble myself. If guys would start practicing this, they would see the difference. But to many stupid, thirsty guys, who kill it for the rest of us.

Sorry chicks, ya aint all that.

Rant is officially over./

Old 12-03-2011, 02:38 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I am going to speak from a Hispanic/African American/Black male's point of view.

The problem with women in NYC is the fellas. I am a very attractive guy, no lie. Yet, I haven't been in a relationship in 2 years. The problem? Competition. Thirsty guys gas a females head so much, that she believes she is untouchable, and that she is the most amazing thing on this planet. A female walks around and probably gets hundreds of compliments/cat calls a day. Anything from "God bless you" to "Wow you're an angel" to "Let me tap that butt". This inflates their ego. I remember how those compliments used to make me feel when I used to get them. I would smile from ear to ear, and my self esteem would go through the roof. Females need this adoration daily in order to survive. Females in nature are very insecure, weak, and inferior beings. So with all this attention (which they think is sincere, when in actuality the guy just wants to beat) they think as themselves as other worldly, which in turn means that guys are going to rejected every single time.

If all guys would stop gassing girls up, they will come back down to earth. They're going to start hollering at us males, and they will NOT play hard to get. Their self esteems would be through the floor, and many females would be on suicide watch. The lack of compliments, to them, would mean that they're no longer attractive. Look at some of the threads here, on NYC cat calls. There are some females here who complain about it, mostly because the guys doing it are "short village people" and not their Brad Pitt. It is ironic, because if we guys stop cat calling females, they would get on here, with their little bitty sob story of how they feel unloved and neglected. They would LONG for the days of the short village people. How would you guys feel if you'd receive tons of compliments daily? I know I would be on the moon.

So I, as an attractive male, REFUSE, to compliment females. They do not deserve it. For what? for what's between their legs? So what! That doesn't make them any better than me. I am superior to them, as I don't feel lonely, am not needy, don't long for cuddling, or relationships, or love. I am independent, as most guys in nature are, and can survive alone. Why don't they compliment me? Why should I lower myself to their level? I am not going to humble myself. If guys would start practicing this, they would see the difference. But to many stupid, thirsty guys, who kill it for the rest of us.

Sorry chicks, ya aint all that.

Rant is officially over./
What you say is true but I also think our current culture promotes arrogance and an inflated sense of self worth. Whether it's genuine or not, individuals (especially in a pop culture based city such as NYC) will project this theme. This applies to dudes and women. To be honest, I think that this is epitomized in big City African American and Hispanic culture.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:40 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
She is saying that because of all the options women have, they tend to not stay in relationships long, because they are always looking for someone better.
Trading up is what they call it. Why would any guy choose someone wired like that. Kinda funny, they are looking for someone better, often without seeing they they too have flaws. Of course money is a principle motive for trading up. Hums...Money, Money, Money by Abba.

I'm with ya OP on the not interested in the ridiculous friends with benefits concept, and hooking up, people need to do some growing up. There are still some good people out there, hope you find one.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:40 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post

The problem with women in NYC is the fellas. I am a very attractive guy, no lie. Yet, I haven't been in a relationship in 2 years. The problem? Competition. Thirsty guys gas a females head so much, that she believes she is untouchable, and that she is the most amazing thing on this planet.

So I, as an attractive male, REFUSE, to compliment females. They do not deserve it. For what? for what's between their legs? So what! That doesn't make them any better than me. I am superior to them, as I don't feel lonely, am not needy, don't long for cuddling, or relationships, or love.
And this is why you haven't been in a relationship in two years. Your so-called "village people" men know how to play the game. Those guys could be lying, but you know what? They know it will get them some sex and extras in the future for "acting" (if they are acting) like they give a damn.

Also, attractive is very subjective. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Like with the OP and his supposed attractiveness, if you're as good looking as YOU say you are, then women should be giving hints all the time that they're interested. You shouldn't be lacking for female companionship, unless like the OP you only want PRETTY women talking to you.

If that's the case, then you're no different than the women you bash for not wanting to be spoken to by dweebs. Hypocrite.

Quote:
I am independent, as most guys in nature are, and can survive alone.
Good. Cause this will be your fate, unless you get a mail order bride from some desperate country.

Quote:
Why don't they compliment me?
Maybe cause you're not as attractive as YOU think you are and your game is whack. Just a guess.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:46 PM

551 posts, read 1,576,368 times
This is a silly discussion. As a general matter, women and men in highly competitive professional environments "settle down" later in life than others might. Probably due in some part to work and career ambitions, partly because having cash and being single is a pretty good deal in NYC, partly because the vast percentage of similarly situated single friends and co-workers provide an enormous pool of other people to do virtually anything with (at least until mid-30s). If you lived in Charlotte and everyone else is married by 25, you would feel compelled to do the same or spend a lot of nights home alone or listening to your married friends talk about what they are going to name their baby or what color to paint the nursery. But since the "white collar" professionals here basically all went to college and or grad school, arrived (or returned to) NYC with grand plans for careers and social life at age 22-25 or so, most want to spend at least several years exploring life rather than diapers.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_sport View Post
This is a silly discussion. As a general matter, women and men in highly competitive professional environments "settle down" later in life than others might. Probably due in some part to work and career ambitions, partly because having cash and being single is a pretty good deal in NYC, partly because the vast percentage of similarly situated single friends and co-workers provide an enormous pool of other people to do virtually anything with (at least until mid-30s). If you lived in Charlotte and everyone else is married by 25, you would feel compelled to do the same or spend a lot of nights home alone or listening to your married friends talk about what they are going to name their baby or what color to paint the nursery. But since the "white collar" professionals here basically all went to college and or grad school, arrived (or returned to) NYC with grand plans for careers and social life at age 22-25 or so, most want to spend at least several years exploring life rather than diapers.
I like your post, because you're discussing a certain "demographic", whereas the OP said "NYC" as if including all 5 boroughs.

If he isn't, then he needs to elaborate as to what and whom he is referring to.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:58 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I like your post, because you're discussing a certain "demographic", whereas the OP said "NYC" as if including all 5 boroughs.

Although what NYC Sport said is true, it's not the entire picture.

As someone else pointed out, "trading up" and constantly chasing "something better" is also part of the picture.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Although what NYC Sport said is true, it's not the entire picture.

As someone else pointed out, "trading up" and constantly chasing "something better" is also part of the picture.
I agree there are "some" women and men like this, but when a woman is truly in love she doesn't care about all that regardless of the supposed "fabulous" life her friends are living.

Also, you have to take into account do the women who think this way even care about the man they "traded up" for. It could strictly be financial with no love involved and he might not care, because he has his "dream" woman to parade around on his arm.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:22 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

My friend what is your problem? If you don't like this thread, just leave, stop coming back. First you attack me because I said I think I'm handsome, then you compare me to that other guy who was obvisouly angry and yes he said he was good looking, but his tone and mine were completely different. Then you start talking about me only wanting women of a certain race. And then you start attacking me because I like attractive women, what's wrong with liking attractive women? What's wrong with not thinking one's self is ugly...

I'm trying to be civil with you, there are so many threads on city data, you don't have to comeback to this one. There is so much to do in the world that you don't have to spend your time coming back to this thread repeatly.

My hands are held up, palms out, let's end this! And let this thread get back to the subject. I never once mentioned that I had trouble finding a woman or a girlfriend, the question was how is the mindset of women in a certain age group toward long-term relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships