Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Aren't there any low-end trailer parks in your area?
LOL.........low end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Nope

Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
there are 2 story lines.
what they say they want and what they actually go after. its a maturity thing. you wana catch them after they sober up from the divorce high and the post divorce boy friend frenzy high. that is when maturity sets in. when they gota pay for stuff with their own money.
might i suggest take cultural enrichment classes of some sort at local adult ed.
dance classes are good too.
you will meet many good stable women in your age group or a few years older, that you will find much more down to earth and capable of appreciating you.
one more piece of advice, do not do not get married. as long as you dont do that, you wont end up like her ex and will get plenty of what he should have gotten but didnt.
The divorce "high"??...thats rather general, and shallow. Not everyone reacts the same to divorce.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:06 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
It's usually not completely their fault. There are powerful social forces out there that can prevent some people from ever finding a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Also some strong, muscular and high-status men can prevent other, apparently weaker, lower-status men from ever having a girlfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Huh?
Hes actually right to a degree he just doesn't know how to explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I think personality is the most important thing. As long as the man isn't a freeloader and can support himself and his lifestyle, it isn't a concern of mine. There are plenty of rich, attractive, miserably unhappy people.
But they never have a problem getting a date and most of them are dating tons of women all at the same time...so what does that tell you about women in this day and age? The majority of women will put money/status over personality which is why there are guys like me that never get a date despite the list of good qualities that I may have.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Haha damn girl get it right he lives in the city. That would be the projects.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:57 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

But they never have a problem getting a date and most of them are dating tons of women all at the same time...so what does that tell you about women in this day and age? The majority of women will put money/status over personality which is why there are guys like me that never get a date despite the list of good qualities that I may have.
Who are all these rich attractive men out there stealing all the women? And who are all these super-model princesses supposedly everywhere you go? In all my years, I haven't run across any rich people, a limited # people in the 6 figure range, and I certainly haven't happened across super-models who are shooting down your everyday guy.

I see these comments so often on C-D and it just doesn't seem real. I would say 90% of the people I know are decent looking, decent behaving, hardworking everyday folks. It has to be sour grapes for the folks who can't get dates and are looking to blame everyone else for it. The rich and super-beautiful are not that much in abundance that the regular folk are all destined to be alone because of it.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
It's usually not completely their fault. There are powerful social forces out there that can prevent some people from ever finding a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Also some strong, muscular and high-status men can prevent other, apparently weaker, lower-status men from ever having a girlfriend.

It's a conspiracy!!

[there are no 'forces' preventing anyone from having the relationship they want if they really wanted it and worked for it]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

Because it's a fabrication of his mind.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 PM

188 posts, read 304,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Because it's a fabrication of his mind.
Not it's not. It's human nature.

This is also observed in the animal kingdom. Aggressive, high-status alpha males get to have sex with all the females while their weaker peers get very few if any mating opportunities.

Nature is cruel and this is probably not going to change anytime soon, if ever.

Last edited by Mr. Freak; 12-18-2011 at 07:14 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 07:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Not it's not. It's human nature.

This is also observed in the animal kingdom. Aggressive, high-status alpha males get to have sex with all the females while their weaker peers get very few if any mating opportunities.

Nature is cruel and this is probably not going to change anytime soon, if ever.
Then I guess you should give up.

[winners don't]

Old 12-18-2011, 07:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Haha damn girl get it right he lives in the city. That would be the projects.
You're right. Just as suitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships