Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
After doing some research on this topic, I came to the conclusion that women are attracted to these six things:

1. Means (Wealth, possessions, gifts to them or providing for them)
2. Power (Influence, Leadership, provide safety, charisma)
3. Fame
4. Looks (including height)
5. Exclusivity (Royalty, already married, hard to get, affliation)
6. Personality (Humor, creativity, romance, intelligence, mystique, giftedness, confidence, dominance etc.)
Yeah. You may be onto something. Many will have to keep waiting and looking. Maybe people should buy stocks in companies that make vibrators, the same way that people joked about buying stocks in condom companies when the AIDS crisis hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I will spell it out for you... You are just not that attractive.
This post, thus far, wins the d-b award. I see Long Island, big earrings, and gum smacking.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
This post, thus far, wins the d-b award. I see Long Island, big earrings, and gum smacking.
Why? Why is that not a possibility?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Why? Why is that not a possibility?
I don't know if it is or not. But telling someone in cyberspace who has not provide a picture they are unattractive is really uncool. Making a comment about personality based on posts is "above the belt." That comment wasn't.

My hunch is that he's very conservative/studious/clean-cut looking and these chicks aren't biting. If he was as negative as our Long Island poster indicated, he wouldn't get the first date to begin with.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:00 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
Women have no idea what they want... but if we look at what men most women seem to yearn for, he's usually
*quite wealthy
*has socially high status
*at least fairly good looks

Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM

34 posts, read 130,247 times
You are probably boring. Even if you were ugly you would get a second date if she had a good time. I've gone on second dates with girls who I thought were average looking if she was good fun. You never know, maybe they were having a bad hair day or something.

Dating is all about personality. You have to have a base level of attractiveness and hygience. If you look great then all the better, but as long as you don't look like a ****ing corpse and you can stir up a decent conversation you will succeed.

Go on more dates. The more you go on the better you will get. NEVER give up. You will succeed in the end. I did.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:09 PM

124 posts, read 212,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Im 45 never been married. Work at a good Government job in the IT field but I can't get a second date. Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.
i'm baffled as to why you're not married

maybe you need to move to a city where's theres a higher woman-man ratio.

and i know some of us love Brad Pitt, but you don't have to be Brad to catch a woman. what about the billions of other guys in your age group who don't look like Brad? a lot of them have wive/girlfriends.

it must be something the women are picking up on when they go out with you. just sit and think about all the dates you've been on and see if you can find a common denominator. what do you usually talk about? where do you usually take them?, etc.,

remember what you've done in the past and next time try something different.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:20 PM

124 posts, read 212,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Really, how can anyone address this without knowing more?

I once knew a guy who asked the same question. He was 46 years old, tall, handsome, and well-groomed. He was educated and had a good job. He said he would go on dates, but the girls never called him back or answered his calls after the first date. So I set him up with a friend and watched from a distance. All the time that he was talking to her, he was standing there with his hand in his pocket, scratching and fondling himself.

I later asked her about it, and she said that he was gross. All she could hear while he was talking to her was his scratching. I concluded that he either had a serious psychological condition or an itchy STD.
LOL!!!
Best laugh I had all day!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:30 PM

566 posts, read 958,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Im 45 never been married. Work at a good Government job in the IT field but I can't get a second date. Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.
Consider yourself lucky.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:29 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,896,145 times
What do you have to bring to a relationship? Having a stable job and being a nice guy does not make a total package. What legacy/mark do you want to leave in this world? Do you have good morals and values.
Other questions? How is your personality? If you can't get a second date and you are this nice/good guy maybe you're too intense, boring, serious, not engaging, don't ask the right questions. I'm not trying to pick on you but in the dating game it's about tweaking your approach so you maximize your results and get what you desire. Maybe you should check out past episodes and advice from the show: the pickup artist.
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships