Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
People don't realize the mental aguish that they inflict upon black women when they keep reiterating this "mixed is prettier" dogma. and I happen to think there are many exotic looking unmixed black women who look just as good as any mixed, white, or asian woman.
Yup! Pretty black women come in all hues. What you get instead is that people start saying stuff like "my great great great great granddad was Mexican so I am part Latina" to get "exotic" points.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post

Another thing I completely got to mention is voices. I can usually tell if a singer is Black in a song from the quality of her voice, or if a man I’m talking is Black from the quality of his voice.
I call BS on this one. I know that most people who talk to me have a picture of a "blonde california girl" (I occasionally get flack for this). They are usually surprised to find out I am African-American. Where I live everyone sounds the same, like the neighborhood they grew up in. Whether they are white, black, asian or latino (unless the emigrated at a late age.)

I meet people that sound just like me of all ethnicities who grew up in similar neighborhoods, and the converse as well.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
I absolutely love redheads. When you can show me a black woman with natural red hair, I'll consider dating her. If that makes me racist, oh well. That would be really cool, though.
They exist. I have some red-haired relatives, and so do a couple of my friends.

Hair color looks something like this:
http://www.dawnali.com/lovinmysistas/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4143.0;attach=2336 ;image (broken link)

My sister's natural hair color is a little darker than this.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM

639 posts, read 828,001 times
I know a lot of black girls that use henna for the natural red highlights

Old 03-29-2012, 02:25 PM

487 posts, read 1,815,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
They exist. I have some red-haired relatives, and so do a couple of my friends.

Hair color looks something like this:

My sister's natural hair color is a little darker than this.
You are right, when I lived in Jamaica there was a parish called St. Elizabeth that had a lot of red haired light skinned Black women. The History behind it was a the Irish settled in this area and procreated with Blacks and voila!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
You are right, when I lived in Jamaica there was a parish called St. Elizabeth that had a lot of red haired light skinned Black women. The History behind it was a the Irish settled in this area and procreated with Blacks and voila!
The red hair shows up in all skin tones in my family. I have cousins from light to dark with red hair.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
People don't realize the mental aguish that they inflict upon black women when they keep reiterating this "mixed is prettier" dogma. and I happen to think there are many exotic looking unmixed black women who look just as good as any mixed, white, or asian woman.

This is the truth & I learned you just have to try and not give a sh*t about what they say in general. B/C it's always going to be 'I like black girls as long as they are mixed, etc.' If you're not mixed or fall within the acceptable lines of skin tone there's nothing that can be done about that. It's simply how people think.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
This is the truth & I learned you just have to try and not give a sh*t about what they say in general. B/C it's always going to be 'I like black girls as long as they are mixed, etc.' If you're not mixed or fall within the acceptable lines of skin tone there's nothing that can be done about that. It's simply how people think.
Nyanna, Doll Eyes:

For every man who things light/mixed/"exotic" women are better, there is a man who likes dark sistahs. Believe that.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:34 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,265,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Maturity has very little to do with it, but what should I expect from somebody from the "heart of dixie".
Speaking of stereotypes and prejudice....

Old 03-29-2012, 02:35 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nyanna, Doll Eyes:

For every man who things light/mixed/"exotic" women are better, there is a man who likes dark sistahs. Believe that.

Yea, they are probably in Africa somewhere, unfortunately for us, b/c I never met any here. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships