Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 03:58 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
so we should hate ALL germans, even if their families had nothing to do with what happened? So basically its ok to hate an entire group today based on what some or none of their ancestors did in the past..I see makes sense

And why then do Black women not date other races like Indian's/Asians/Latino's etc?
Maybe because we all don't live around a bunch of Indians/Asians/Latinos. Or none of them have expressed serious romantic interest.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:09 PM

188 posts, read 304,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
...the individual preference of which does not hinder nor harm another group.
But actually it does harm the rejected individual a bit.

It harms because individuals who are always rejected, almost by anyone, eventually end up alone with no one to help them through the dark times in life when they need help or when they are sick.

What I mean is that NO ONE likes to feel rejected, especially if the rejection is done by almost everyone in the society that you are a part of.

Last edited by Mr. Freak; 04-03-2012 at 04:33 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 04:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
I have to agree, i'm black as well (from the privileged light skin contingent) and I have to say this is just sounding like 'whoa is me'. Why is it other women of other races aren't chiming in on this and why specifically 'darker' black women on this thread seem to find issue? Black women that I know in real life are some of the most confident women there are at least in my experience, they would shake their heads if they read the comments being made in this thread.
Could it be that its not the race or color of their skin, but the defeatist attitude, constant complaints, self hatred and general downlook on life is causing issues??....nah..I must be crazy
Bingo!

I am beyond tired of the constant whining like "I can't make any non-Black friends....men don't like me...my mama beats me...dogs pee on my leg...etc etc etc" because I'm dark skinned crapola.

Beautiful dark skinned Black women all over the world are having great lives with wonderful husbands, families and friends. Whenever I go to Italy I see many Italian men with beautiful dark skinned African or Carribean girlfriends/wives. A beautiful dark skinned girl (she's Algerian with obvious Sub-Saharan admixture) that I went to college with lives in Rome with her wonderful Italian husband and their children. All over America there are gorgeous dark skinned women who are representing the beauty industry by being models or the entertainment industry by being actresses.

The problem with these constant complainers is not their dark complexions but their dark moods and dark outlooks on life.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,330 times
The way we end the "dark skinned women get no love" posts on other sites is to ask the women with the complaints to post a picture. 9 times out of 10, the women are either unattractive, overweight or both. Both of these characteristics can be improved so there's still a way to resolve those complaints.

I'm not saying some of the overall interracial dating complaints aren't valid. My statements are in reference to those who make it seem they get no love due to dark skin color, not even from black men.

Dark skinned black women who are 7's and above don't have issues finding men, especially black men. They line up around the block. Just sayin....

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Bingo!

I am beyond tired of the constant whining like "I can't make any non-Black friends....men don't like me...my mama beats me...dogs pee on my leg...etc etc etc" because I'm dark skinned crapola.

Beautiful dark skinned Black women all over the world are having great lives with wonderful husbands, families and friends. Whenever I go to Italy I see many Italian men with beautiful dark skinned African or Carribean girlfriends/wives. A beautiful dark skinned girl (she's Algerian with obvious Sub-Saharan admixture) that I went to college with lives in Rome with her wonderful Italian husband and their children. All over America there are gorgeous dark skinned women who are representing the beauty industry by being models or the entertainment industry by being actresses.

The problem with these constant complainers is not their dark complexions but their dark moods and dark outlooks on life.
BINGO, subsaharan admixture. She has mixed features. She doesn't have darkskin in conjunction with Afrocentric features. If she had 100% subsaharan features wuold you still think she was as beautiful? Probably not. Even when you see darkskin women regarded as beautiful in the me dia they almost always have a small nose, soft hair, or something that indicates they aren't 100% Black.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Black women don't seem to be interested in dating outside of their race as much as black men seem to for whatever reason, but I dont think its the ancestor rape angle.
Of course not, everyone knows that if a person doesn't date outside their race, it's because they are just racist. duh.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:33 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:

And why then do Black women not date other races like Indian's/Asians/Latino's etc?
They are racist.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Bingo!

Your experience can very greatly based on where you live as a darker person.

Personally, I find there is a huge difference in how I have been perceived depending on where I lived (and where other people are from).

I had no idea about colorism until I moved to the South as a teen (I grew up in California until then). It wasn't a topic of discussion, until I got older and my parents decided to explain it to me. (My dad is light, my mom is dark).

I imagine there is a lot more rampant colorism on the east coast, especially as you move up in class.

I think California is all over the map. There may be issues with tone in the african-american community, but there are a ton of other people that are intrigued and fascinated anyway so I think I am generally well-perceived. And there are good numbers of recent african immigrants and 1st generation africans that have a different perspective.

I think there is a much bigger gulf between african americans and africans (and 1st gen ones) with stereotyping and such. I can't tell you how many times I have been perceived as "Nigerian" since I went to college and my parents are educated and were very involved in my education.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
They are racist.
I know you are being sarcastic. But seriously, do you see all of the nasty, mean things people say about black women and how we look all the time online? On yahoo news, everytime a black woman is featured there are tons of comments saying she looks like a monkey. This affects how other races view of us

Old 04-03-2012, 04:40 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Where I live, if we didn't we wouldn't have anyone to date. (Especially if you went to college!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships