Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 11:47 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
He's lying just like the rest of the "black women have a bad attitude, are loud, aggressive" cult. They all belong to a cult. He is just mimicking the stereotypes that he has heard other people say about black women w/o firsthand experience.

LMAO @ they all belong to a cult...I hope that was a joke!

Side note: For the past several years every other man and his brother wants to compliment Kim Kardashian's "curves." It's all you hear about. Now, okay, I got about 4 or 5 medium to dark skinned black women in the family shaped very similar to that big a*s, flat stomach etc. but what do they get called by men? Fat. LMAO. That didn't go over my head....

Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 AM

23 posts, read 40,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO @ they all belong to a cult...I hope that was a joke!

Side note: For the past several years every other man and his brother wants to compliment Kim Kardashian's "curves." It's all you hear about. Now, okay, I got about 4 or 5 medium to dark skinned black women in the family shaped very similar to that big a*s, flat stomach etc. but what do they get called by men? Fat. LMAO. That didn't go over my head....

If a guy is not interested in you and it is purely based off of your skin color than have some self confidence, pick your head up, and KEEP IT MOVING.

KNOW YOUR WORTH!!!!

AND

P.S. Doll Eyes.......big a*s, flat stomach........Wooooooooo!!! Send em' my way.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
From what I've learned it's not really a discussion that can't be done with people of other races and/or lighter AAs. Many, especially the mixed and historically mixed AAs will deny that there is any advantage to being lighter skinned in the community. While some will acknowledge it, few would actually give up the privleges that come with it.
Ok, I'll bite. What are these privileges?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman1 View Post
If a guy is not interested in you and it is purely based off of your skin color than have some self confidence, pick your head up, and KEEP IT MOVING.

KNOW YOUR WORTH!!!!

AND

P.S. Doll Eyes.......big a*s, flat stomach........Wooooooooo!!! Send em' my way.

I don't cares what they think anymore...and ok I will send them your way, LOL.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
I am Hispanic. Growing up in a predominantly Black and Hispanic neighborhood, I dated Hispanic and Black men into my early 20's. When I moved out of there, I landed in a town that exposed me to various cultures and I began dating Caucasian men. I've also dated Indian and Asian men in my lifetime. But I now gravitate toward Caucasian men. It IS a preference. It doesn't mean I exclude the others all together,. When there was no online dating, and I never approached men, I was open to anyone who approached me as long as they were attractive to me. But when I am actually seeking out companionship, I'm going Caucasian first. It's just what I like the most.

When I did the online dating thing, there were a few Black men who expressed their disapproval with my preference. I can't remember the exact wording one particular guy used, but it was offensive and full of assumption. In sum, I was closed minded, racist and WHITE and I shouldn't knock it until I try it. I'm none of the above, I have tried it and I don't knock it. I told him this, along with what turned me off about him and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. Of course, he maintained it was because he was Black and I was lying about having ever dated a black man. To lie to him would imply that his approval mattered and that is a common theme with these people, they think they matter so much that they are targeted by everyone and we anti-blacks are always trying to sugarcoat and back peddle. You can't fix stupid so he got no further argument from me.

Another black gentleman asked, respectfully, why I preferred Caucasian men over Black men. Posing his question that way showed he recognized my right to choose. I was happy to respond. We had a great conversation and I asked him to meet me for lunch. He was VERY attractive, but he had unfinished business and I elected to steer clear, as I would have with anyone else. We remain friends. He's a good man.

The hallmark of racism is hanging on to stereotypes. It's wrong. However, stereotypes also have truth to them. It is these truths that I find unbecoming. Give me an educated, successful, well groomed, well mannered man and he is a good candidate, no matter what color he is. If he is in a gang, he's out. If he approached me with baggy pants or gold teeth and/or didn't enunciate, he'd be out. If he didn't speak English and was not here legally, out. If he wore wife beaters, lived in a crappy trailer park and drank beer all the time, he'd be out. These issues are not exclusive to any one race, but there is nothing attractive about any of it, to me. Why, then, should I give any of these men a shot when none of it is in line with who I am and how I want to live? What do I owe them exactly?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
This is a stereotype and one that most of us can't do anything about because men continue to perpetuate this in order to justify as to why 'they don't approach black women.' I can look at a Paris Hilton type of woman who walks around bragging, etc. -- yet you don't see people saying the whole race of white girls have 'bad attitudes' etc. Ironic, huh? I am soft spoken and don't talk to too many people, read books most of the time...but yet have been hit over the head with 'black women are loud and rude' repeatedly. You can disagree all you want to but the reality is majority of men are more physically attracted to other races of women before black women when given the choice.
So true. I am actually really bubbly, easy going and smile all the time. My friends range from outgoing to soft spoken but we are all optimistic and friendly. I call bs on this one. Just an excuse and people are watching too much tv.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I will go on to say that African-American women are fun, funny (with a great sense of humor), and approachable, with few exceptions. They can definitely be sassy.
Some black women, not all.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Some black women, not all.

This can be said for every race of women....why point it out that not all black women are like this!

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
From what I've learned it's not really a discussion that can't be done with people of other races and/or lighter AAs. Many, especially the mixed and historically mixed AAs will deny that there is any advantage to being lighter skinned in the community. While some will acknowledge it, few would actually give up the privleges that come with it.
You can not be serious. So why do many light skinned Blacks marry and have children with darker skinned Blacks?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ok, I'll bite. What are these privileges?
That's like asking, what privelges do white people have? If you can answer that, you've answered your own question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships