Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I have been around hundreds of Asian men, sweating, exerting. If you think y'all have "less BO" than whites or anyone else, you are sadly mistaken.
When I talk about body scent, I don’t mean anything with positive or negative connotations. I’m talking about people’s natural scent, right after they’ve taken a shower and before they’ve even put their deodorant on—no sweat and no other perfumes/colognes.

I definitely don’t mean to imply that some races are “stinky” and some “smell good” or anything like that. But I do find myself more attracted to the pheromones that certain people emit, and in general, it tends to be woman of color more often than anyone else.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:37 PM

487 posts, read 1,816,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nyanna, Doll Eyes:

For every man who things light/mixed/"exotic" women are better, there is a man who likes dark sistahs. Believe that.
I love all shades of Black women.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:37 PM

639 posts, read 828,578 times
dark chocolate has the most anti-oxidants!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The last taste test I had of the woman of the 3 main racial groups ended up a tie.
What you eat and your body chemistry dictates what you smell and taste like more than skin color ever will. Your nose is apparently a Racist! The only obvious taste/smell difference Ive experienced in women was ones that were vegitarians, and one woman who ate Garlic Catfish all the time
You're absolutely right--what people eat has a huge impact on their body scent.

I guess my nose is a racist. But that makes me wonder--are straight people and gay people all sexist? There are certain attributes people are more attracted to. I've experimented with men and women and for whatever reason, I am only attracted to women. If I'm ever attracted to a man, I'll go for it. But to this day I've never found a man attractive enough that I wanted to date him and have sex with him, even if I fell in love with his personality.

I do think people who are in general very open-minded might have a preference for certain races in the same way that people who are not sexist can still be gay or straight.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:43 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
This is the truth & I learned you just have to try and not give a sh*t about what they say in general. B/C it's always going to be 'I like black girls as long as they are mixed, etc.' If you're not mixed or fall within the acceptable lines of skin tone there's nothing that can be done about that. It's simply how people think.
Doll, it is not always the case. Maybe it's a West Coast thing but I see plenty of good looking men with very dark women.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:43 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
You'd probably be surprised at the obviousness of the title if it weren't presented in the relationship forum. Yet, why shouldn't discriminating someone based on their race be classified as racism for dating?

The usual response is that having a relationship with someone requires innate attraction—attraction that may not form with members of a particular race. Therefore, people either consider that not racism or find it “justified”. But, I believe that's a ridiculous argument because the very act of not being able to find someone attractive just because of their race is defined as racism.

Another common response is that "people have their own preferences"... Well duh! That's exactly what racism is about. The fact that Whites didn't want to go to the same restaurants as Blacks due to their "preferences" didn't make their actions any less racist. Of course, now we all accept that as immoral and racist.

If you're going into a job interview and at the end, the interviewer says “Sorry, I can't just hire you because I don't work well with Whites (or add your own race)”, would you not sue him for racism? In this case, not being able to function with Whites is no defense for racism.

However, I'm not suggesting that we should date unattractive (even if that's just due to their race) people because it's perfectly legal to be racist during dating, and also attraction is quite essential for a relationship. My point is that we should all be honest and just admit that we're racist rather than trying to rationalize our behaviour in order to ignore the blatant racism.

I'll admit I'm a bit racist (I won't date one or two races) when it comes to dating. But, the first step to solving a problem is to admit its existence.
Give me a break.

Are straight women "sexist" for refusing to date other women?

Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM

1,708 posts, read 2,913,605 times
When I was dating I wanted to find a white, catholic girl who wanted to be a SAHM. I found her, and I couldn't be more happy.

I guess that makes me a racist, anti-semitic, sexist.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
So let me get this straight. You think that a black woman who relaxes her hair is trying to "hide" something?

Only 5 hair products, huh?

And you really believe a black woman wearing her hair NATURAL would let you RUN your hands through her hair?

Are you freaking serious???
I said 5 scents, not 5 products. I know there are way more than 5 products. But there tends to be the same family of scents for products that are made for certain types of hair. This goes for all hair products for all hair types. I'm not just talking about Black people.

And yes I am serious that this is what I've noticed. And yes, the Black women I've dated or become close friends with have let me run my hands through their hair. I don't go around touching people's hair, and I know many Black people who have a "don't touch my hair" rule, but a lot of Black individuals I know personally make an exception for me because I'm blind. For what it's worth, I don't ask--they usually offer to let me touch their face and so on. I don't really like to touch people's faces unless I know them well.

Anyway, this is what I've noticed and I'm sorry if it offends you. I'm just talking about the hair products that are made for naturally super-dry hair types tends to come in the same family of scents. I can often smell that on someone as they walk up to me. Hair products for curly hair tend to come in the same family of scents too.

I also don't think Black women who relax their hair are trying to hide anything. I think they're just having their hair done the way they prefer it, like anyone else. I don't know where you got the impression that I said they're trying to hide something--just saying that I can still feel the underlying texture of the hair strands themselves, which have a distinct texture. In other words, I can usually still tell the difference between naturally frizzy hair that's been straightened and naturally straight hair.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:52 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,241,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
There is a difference between saying I've never been attracted to someone outside of my race and saying I would NEVER date anyone outside of my race. If you've never been attracted to someone outside your race - so be it. If you've already made the decision that it would be impossible to be attracted to someone outside your race... well, that's a different story.
Good observation. At that point, it really becomes less about the people of a certain race than it is about the idea of being intimately involved with the race itself.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Everyone's racist to a certain extent, dating or otherwise and I think it's perhaps natural to men and women to differentiate each other based on certain physical traits they have, etc etc. Also, it's only natural for people to be attracted to their own like white women only dating white men, black women only dating black men etc etc and there's nothing wrong with it.

That said, there are enough number of people in this world who wouldn't mind dating someone of another race even if it's not their preference, just stick to those ones that won't mind and you will be happy.
At the end of the day, if I fall in love with someone, I don't care what race or gender or whatever else they are. My most recent ex is white and it's not like I told myself I can't date her cause "I don't date white people" or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships