Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 01:51 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It's called lack of chemistry. Just because a guy has a degree and no children doesn't mean we're automatically going to fall in love with each other and get married. You understand this, don't you?
Could be lack of chemistry because all you do is sit at home. Now, I'm not telling you to be a barfly or club goer, but like I said before, get some interesting hobbies, go out and volunteer, play some sports, start training for a marathon or triathlon. Do things as it'll make you happier and you'll have interesting things to talk about on your dates = more chances of mutual chemistry.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Educated women tend to be homebodies, I know a attorney who sits home waiting for Mr Right. They don't really do casual events and they don't mingle with common folks lol

Old 04-09-2012, 02:10 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Educated women tend to be homebodies, I know a attorney who sits home waiting for Mr Right. They don't really do casual events and they don't mingle with common folks lol
Not true! I'm in grad school and mingle every weekend with people at bars/clubs/restaurants-regardless of their education. Smart is #1 on my list, but I definitively don't equate that to needing a higher education. There are plenty of intelligent men out there without a degree.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:13 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,410 times
Quote:
Wow, what an ignorant statement!! Because you know 1 female attorney who stays at home therefore ALL educated women stay at home?? OMG.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Wow, what an ignorant statement!! Because you know 1 female attorney who stays at home therefore ALL educated women stay at home?? OMG.
Nothing all but a good amount don't do the casual bar, club thing.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Nothing all but a good amount don't do the casual bar, club thing.
I've never done the bar/club thing. I wouldn't mind occasionally going out to those kinds of places and other places but I don't have any female friends who'd want to go with me. Pretty much anything I do, I'll have to do it alone.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Are you being sarcastic? I go out a lot and I have a college degree and I still haven't found Mr Right thus the online dating. I go out for happy hour or restaurants or to shows with my girlfriends. Sometimes I will meet an interesting man, but it isn't so easy to just pick someone up while out and about.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM

688 posts, read 897,593 times
Quote:
I've never done the bar/club thing. I wouldn't mind occasionally going out to those kinds of places and other places but I don't have any female friends who'd want to go with me. Pretty much anything I do, I'll have to do it alone.
Hah, you sound just like me.

I've been to a club once and never felt so out of place.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
So go alone. I go out alone all the time.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:26 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That's interesting that you said that. I know many single lady Docs but almost no single male Docs. That could be a topic on it's own?
Some people have referred to my sister as pretty or cute and sometimes even really pretty. But she's not a knockout. She's dated men since high school and has never had to resort to online dating because she has a solid social network.

My guess is this ... doctors have a really ambitious type A personality. It's almost a controlling, take charge type of thing. She definitely has that going on. It's amazing I'm her brother, I'm so laid back.

And men are either put off or really intimidated by that. Not to mention the fact that she makes three times as much $ as the average white collar chump in NYC.

Of course, in a male doctor, those same traits are a turn of for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships