Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:28 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
Im from germany and live here in alabama over 3 years. Till now I didnt find the right man yet and Im thinking it could be because Im not from here? Maybe Im just over thinking this, but I would like to hear some opinions from man or woman here.
no, i think men would find it appealing.

you specified you didn't find "the right man," i assume you found some other kind instead?

Last edited by le roi; 06-25-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 04:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
American culture is so messed up that walking around smiling is not good enough. If anything, that will make you a target for robbery, or at the very least, people will become angry at you because you look so happy.

Wtf?? That's so far from the truth it's not funny.

I actually was dating a Venezuelan girl and just decided to end things last night. She ended up being a negative jerk who did nothing but complain about USA and Americans, yet do nothing but socialize with other venezuelans. I've never seen someone complain about so many stereotypes and yet live in our country.

I love dating international girls, I've dated quite a few from all different parts of the world. I don't necessarily search them out and only go for them, but I do always have a great time.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:13 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
I don't think it has to do with you being German at all. Many americans I know are very into accents or whatever, LOL. Honestly if you're trying to attract men here and don't look that good in the first place, then that's the problem right there. If you look really decent, attractive, then maybe it is your location in the country and try more places up north. My mother is from south as is most of my family and many, many people down that way are not open minded to dating "different" people.

not the OP: but I've always felt that people who live here and complain about "america this and america that" should find another country to live in (there's plenty to choose from) if this one is soooo far beneath them.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:47 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
It may be you're too well-educated.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Wtf?? That's so far from the truth it's not funny. I actually was dating a Venezuelan girl and just decided to end things last night. She ended up being a negative jerk who did nothing but complain about USA and Americans, yet do nothing but socialize with other venezuelans. I've never seen someone complain about so many stereotypes and yet live in our country.

As an american born citizen, I'm right there on board with her. This happens to many people (i.e, Indians, Koreans, Puerto Ricans, Caribbeans) who come to America from other countries; they seek to integrate into American culture, but then they're met with racism, unprovoked hostility, indifference, and rudeness so they learn to only stick to their own kind within America because their own people are the only ones who will accept them, understand them and treat them nice.

As far as the original poster, I failed to mention that you might want to find a town that has many Germans living within it. I know around where I live there is a little Ukraine and you have to read/speak Ukrainian if you really want to get "inside" their community.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:04 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post

not the OP: but I've always felt that people who live here and complain about "america this and america that" should find another country to live in (there's plenty to choose from) if this one is soooo far beneath them.
Oh trust me!! I'm SPRINTING out this country once I save up enough, or win the lottery!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:50 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I believe most foreigners just have a hard time adopting to the American culture and do not necessarily dislike America as a country.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Oh trust me!! I'm SPRINTING out this country once I save up enough, or win the lottery!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
[quote=MissLucky;24901583]I believe most foreigners just have a hard time adopting to the American culture and do not necessarily dislike America as a country.[/quote]

I said I wasn't talking about the OP but people in general that are from here.

Yes, I know foreigners have a hard time adjusting, anyone would in a foreign country.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM

123 posts, read 122,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
no, i think men would find it appealing.

you specified you didn't find "the right man," i assume you found some other kind instead?
True I found a lot of wrong ones lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships