Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times

Advertisements

Doll, I was also speaking generally. My organization has about 85% foreign employees (myself included) so I hear similar complaints all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM

123 posts, read 122,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It may be you're too well-educated.
Really? I speak german and spanish fluent and I am only a dental assistant who dont find a job at that. lol I've traveled a lot and loved it

Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
As an american born citizen, I'm right there on board with her. This happens to many people (i.e, Indians, Koreans, Puerto Ricans, Caribbeans) who come to America from other countries; they seek to integrate into American culture, but then they're met with racism, unprovoked hostility, indifference, and rudeness so they learn to only stick to their own kind within America because their own people are the only ones who will accept them, understand them and treat them nice.

As far as the original poster, I failed to mention that you might want to find a town that has many Germans living within it. I know around where I live there is a little Ukraine and you have to read/speak Ukrainian if you really want to get "inside" their community.

So basically you're ignorant, don't put any effort into meeting people from USA and then spout off stereotypes? Please, hurry out of here because you're not wanted.

It's funny how some people do great and other want to be unhappy.

It seems to me like you suffer from not knowing too much about anything outside of USA. Maybe try getting out of the country and see how you're treated by other nationalities. You'll see just how good USA is.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
As an american born citizen, I'm right there on board with her. This happens to many people (i.e, Indians, Koreans, Puerto Ricans, Caribbeans) who come to America from other countries; they seek to integrate into American culture, but then they're met with racism, unprovoked hostility, indifference, and rudeness so they learn to only stick to their own kind within America because their own people are the only ones who will accept them, understand them and treat them nice.

As far as the original poster, I failed to mention that you might want to find a town that has many Germans living within it. I know around where I live there is a little Ukraine and you have to read/speak Ukrainian if you really want to get "inside" their community.
I met some germans here, some of them are friends the other ones aren't really nice at all or stuck up.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
I believe most foreigners just have a hard time adopting to the American culture and do not necessarily dislike America as a country.
Im pretty good at adapting to the states, I just got some problems with the health insurance here lol

Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 PM

391 posts, read 688,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
Im from germany and live here in alabama over 3 years. Till now I didnt find the right man yet and Im thinking it could be because Im not from here? Maybe Im just over thinking this, but I would like to hear some opinions from man or woman here.
It may be a factor depending on your status in this country.

If you are on a visa then there may be some concern that you are seeking
a partner for marriage to facilitate your ability to stay here.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 PM

by the way Im 32 years old and my dad is from germany , my mom from spain.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:29 PM

Dont have a problem with my status ,I got a greencard and my kids are us citizen. I dont need to marry anybody to stay here lol

Old 06-25-2012, 06:53 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
I would date someone not from the States, why not? But you're in a conservative region, sonia. You'd do best in CA or NYC, as someone already mentioned. What brought you to Alabama?

By the way, sonia, my niece has been living in Berlin for almost 3 years, and says she hasn't met any local guys. They seem very reserved. Other Germans she's spoken to say Berlin is like that, "the east" is generally like that. Do you have any suggestions or helpful info?

Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
In GENERAL, America is a very insular, xenophobic, isolationist society so both men and women are going to have a hard time finding suitable companionship. And the older you get the harder it gets so you have to pair off early in this country.

If I were you, and with your looks, you would do quite well in NYC or California; but I would not move there just for the opposite sex being that you have a child, and you're not exactly 18 years young.
America be that way but honestly guys don't care what country a woman is from because they're all hornballs. Even tea party rednecks still ogle European women like Anna Kournikova and would brag to their buddies if they ever scored with one. Whatever the OPs problems are, its not her country of origin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships