Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The best way to get THEIR attention is to spell it correctly........

If they are sexually attracted to a guy they can care less about spelling errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
This line has worked for me when sending a message not sure why

"I don't mean to be so forward but I was wondering can i have a KISS?

I get a lot of responses with that

Old 07-09-2012, 11:57 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If they are sexually attracted to a guy they can care less about spelling errors
How could they be sexually attracted to a guy messaging them on a website? lol!

I agree, I'm a stickler for spelling.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:

Because it's funny. Funny's good. Under the circumstances, that message isn't inappropriate.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
The good news is that you have 24 hours to change your attitude. You are funny dude.

15 messages on a dating site? Lol. Dude, women gets hundreds of messages everyday. Don't expect them to write you back. What do you send them anyway? It is only 15.

Try writing 100 and you should get a few responses.

How do you look like? Post pictures.

Make yourself interesting then. Why should I be your friend if you are not interesting?
Rough guide:

Well written messages = expect a return rate of 1 out 4 or 25%.

Generic, copy and paste type messages = expect a return rate of 1 out of 10 or 10%

Winks/Flirts = expect a return rate of 1 out of 20 or 5%

Assuming you are reasonably attractive and interesting and have a good profile pic. It varies with the site.

After they respond, expect similar odds to actually even ARRANGING a date. I'd say once you catch someone's interest and she replies expect a 1 in 5 chance you'll actually be going out with her.

So even with well written messages, that's 0.2 x 0.25 = 0.05, or 1 out of 20. So if you send out 100 messages, expect 5 potential dates. If you send out 20, expect one potential dates.

I probably send out 100 messages in my entire online dating career and have been about 4 dates.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,861 times
Stay away from online dating, judging by your current location go look for talent to slay in either old town (alexandria) or clarendon.

Even the best of us get shot down, but online dating is just an excuse for most girls (and a huge chunk of very undesirable ones) to get an ego boost as the result of uneven ratios.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:49 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Are you a male or female?

Short and fat guy will get a temporary girl if spends money on her.
How often do you see a guy shorter then the girl?

I see it a lot where I live. NYC is the only place in America where short men get laid.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Stay away from online dating, judging by your current location go look for talent to slay in either old town (alexandria) or clarendon.

Even the best of us get shot down, but online dating is just an excuse for most girls (and a huge chunk of very undesirable ones) to get an ego boost as the result of uneven ratios.
I agree and I'm also saying the same thing. Avoid online dating especially in culturally North Eastern style American cities from D.C, Philly, NYC to Boston. Usually women from these regions are looking for attractive guys while the woman is physically unattractive or has some sort of baggage. Unattractive women have a bigger advantage of meeting someone and getting laid far more than an unattractive guy online. For many women online dating and meeting a cute guy that is broke and has no credit score will be a show piece to show off in front of her best friends and siblings to boost her self esteem. To the op if you want these type of shallow women, go to the gym and work out, invest some sort of money, build up your credit score and try to make your self more attractable to this large pool of women. If your going to do online dating do it further south or further west. Overall just avoid online dating for now where you live. Just try to go to more outgoing social events and put yourself out there.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:21 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:

I get a lot of responses with that
Thats really odd, because thats such a doormatish way of talking to someone. In real world, most women worth guys time would laugh at you if you said something like that. But hey, ill take your world for it. Never tried online dating and dont plan on it, but i suppose it works for some, so more power to em.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 AM

161 posts, read 395,133 times
OP, don't be so hard yourself... I think some people just don't check their messages that often. If they do well no big deal, they clearly aren't worth your time if they're judging you before you even have a chance to connect with them. The right person will come along.

I'll admit I actually set up an online dating profile, but have yet to actually fill it out or put up a photo. I already got some messages but didn't reply to any yet, not because I'm judging anyone, but because I'm not sure how serious I am about going through with my profile (which I may delete). I'd rather meet people the "normal" way just by going out more since I'm in a big city before I resort to online dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships