Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
This is true. I was chatting with a guy I met online once and he was complaining about his horrible dating luck and how women always dump him. Yuck. What a turn off. Everyone has stories of heartbreak and disappointment, but get to know the person before you start with that stuff.

lol!! guys actually talk like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,018,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
[/b]
Adamant declarations of defeatist requiescence, arms a-waving in frustration and resentment.
Sure sign of depression, or depressive attitude. So your right, this is not a mindset that anyone is going to find attractive!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Its alot different for men and women. Women need looks, because thats what men are attracted to. For men, none of those things matter. Consider this. Almost all men, can tell if a woman can be a suitable partner by simply looking at a picture. Almost no women can. its because of the gender roles and womans ability to give birth. Men are attracted to looks, women are attracted to behavior. From the day you are born into a western society, you are brainwashed and conditioned to believe that women have higher social status, and in order to get the women you want you need to achieve power, money, status and a long list of other things. It is done so through folk tales, cartoons, movies, songs, stories and a myriad of other means. Even your parents and those closest to you often reinforce this notion. Men who spend most of their lifetimes believing this, often apply themselves to get ahead in life and further their careers or gain things that you have listed in your previous post. It is actualy good for overall well being of our civilization, because that is what drives our progress. If this wasnt the case, and beautiful women were avialable to all men, not a whole lot would be achieved.

When men finaly achieve power, status, fame THEY ALLOW THEMSELVES TO FINALY BEHAVE IN A WAY THAT IS ATTRACTIVE TO WOMEN. However, if you are able to shake of the social conditioning and inhibition, and be the man that mother nature has always wanted you to be, YOU CAN BEHAVE IN THIS WAY ALSO, without having to actualy achieve any of it. Women want a man who will protect and provide for their offspring. A masculine man, who knows how to display and demonstrate masculine traits. Of course this is only a tip of the iceberg and easily oversimplified for CD type of debate, with many more angles to look at, but thats REALITY. Try it for a change.
This is ALLLLLLL THE TRUTH.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:22 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Nothing wrong with stepping back, taking a breather, and re-grouping. I realize it can be frustrating to come up empty time after time, but one thing you have to remember about these sites. Women get hundreds of replies to their ads, the hotter they are the more responses they get. So you, along with hundreds of other dudes are facing the same rejection. Try not to take it so hard.

Meanwhile, try meeting people on a platonic level first, perhaps that will open up some new opportunities for you. Try Meetup.com, find some groups you're interested in and expand your social circle. You never know.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,328 times
Quote:
Its alot different for men and women. Women need looks, because thats what men are attracted to. For men, none of those things matter. Consider this. Almost all men, can tell if a woman can be a suitable partner by simply looking at a picture. Almost no women can. its because of the gender roles and womans ability to give birth. Men are attracted to looks, women are attracted to behavior. From the day you are born into a western society, you are brainwashed and conditioned to believe that women have higher social status, and in order to get the women you want you need to achieve power, money, status and a long list of other things. It is done so through folk tales, cartoons, movies, songs, stories and a myriad of other means. Even your parents and those closest to you often reinforce this notion. Men who spend most of their lifetimes believing this, often apply themselves to get ahead in life and further their careers or gain things that you have listed in your previous post. It is actualy good for overall well being of our civilization, because that is what drives our progress. If this wasnt the case, and beautiful women were avialable to all men, not a whole lot would be achieved.

When men finaly achieve power, status, fame THEY ALLOW THEMSELVES TO FINALY BEHAVE IN A WAY THAT IS ATTRACTIVE TO WOMEN. However, if you are able to shake of the social conditioning and inhibition, and be the man that mother nature has always wanted you to be, YOU CAN BEHAVE IN THIS WAY ALSO, without having to actualy achieve any of it. Women want a man who will protect and provide for their offspring. A masculine man, who knows how to display and demonstrate masculine traits. Of course this is only a tip of the iceberg and easily oversimplified for CD type of debate, with many more angles to look at, but thats REALITY. Try it for a change.
Many women can be exactly as the traits you had described above; quite true and no arguments at all about that -- and yet, not all women are like that, either... The trick is to look for the very rare and special type of woman, who will be willing to look beyond the cited traditional measures of masculinity, in a man...

The beautiful thing about women who can look and see beyond all of the traditionally-masculine sterotypes is, there is a very good chance that they have the innate ability to love and care about a man, exactly as he is, whether he can be described as traditionally masculine, or not.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 07-10-2012 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Edits

Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Many women can be exactly as the traits you had described above; quite true and no arguments at all about that -- and yet, not all women are like that, either... The trick is to look for the very rare and special woman, who will be willing to look beyond the cited traditional measures of masculinity, in a man...
you mean a lesbian?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,794,522 times
Its not just you, trust me. I've emailed many and had a lot of 1st dates, almost zero 2nd dates. I don't say anything offensive, I ask questions, I pay the bill, I'm attentive, funny, etc. It doesn't matter. Dating sucks, period. I'm ready to stop as well.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:06 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,328 times
Quote:
you mean a lesbian?
Lol, no -- I mean the kind of heteros*xual girl who has a very strong, innate sense of caring, gentleness, and compassion, that goes beyond the stereotypes, even to the point of overriding them entirely. The type of girl who is naturally very kind and nurturing and sensitive. They *are* out there; trust me, as I have personally known more than one...

Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Its not just you, trust me. I've emailed many and had a lot of 1st dates, almost zero 2nd dates. I don't say anything offensive, I ask questions, I pay the bill, I'm attentive, funny, etc. It doesn't matter. Dating sucks, period. I'm ready to stop as well.
I think anyone ready to stop dating should take a breather, because it sounds more like work (pain) than fun (pleasure).

I was never successful when I was actively trying to find someone. Several times in my life it happened at the moment I finally stopped searching, maybe because I was more relaxed and rather than focused/obsessed/anxious about it.

Do you (general "you") let your self-worth be determined by whether or not you're in a relationship? Are you a complete person all on your own, rather than looking for that elusive "other half"?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Lol, no -- I mean the kind of heteros*xual girl who has a very strong, innate sense of caring, gentleness, and compassion, that goes beyond the stereotypes, even to the point of overriding them entirely. The type of girl who is naturally very kind and nurturing and sensitive. They *are* out there; trust me, as I have personally known more than one...

Well, those types of girls are often attracted to men and the guys who ascension described.

The type of women who are attracted to meek, quiet guys DO exist.. but they are definitely a minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships