Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't believe this one bit. Men (not all men, but quite a few) are always looking for opportunities. So many married or committed guys have flirted with me while their SO's were there with them, it's shaken up my view of men. Someone on another thread posted that actually, men and women cheat in equal proportions. I'd like to see some official stats on this question.

Just as many married women are always looking for the next best thing too. Don't try and play it off like guys are the only ones cheating here. I'd give it 50/50
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
Quote:
I don't believe this one bit. Men (not all men, but quite a few) are always looking for opportunities. So many married or committed guys have flirted with me while their SO's were there with them, it's shaken up my view of men. Someone on another thread posted that actually, men and women cheat in equal proportions. I'd like to see some official stats on this question.
I have seen this a good number of times. I know married guys with kids who proposition other women they dont even know are interested in them!

I mean it's one thing if a woman is all over you (not that I agree with that), but to go out and seek it. Thats pretty bad IMO...

Lol...

Old 07-10-2012, 12:37 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You are in Michigan, and he is in DC. Location counts for a whole lot.
yup try being in the NYC/ boston area

Old 07-10-2012, 12:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:

I don't beleive it either. Women are the ones that primarily file for divorce, it's not because she was cheating -- it's because he was. MOST women with their kids are not looking to uproot the whole family for another man that she picked up (where? at the playground, the grocery store?). Usually she have put up with his cheating for a long time in an effort to keep the family together. She either couldn't take it anymore or he ran off. that's why they file more then men.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Men aren't really programmed to be monogamous

Old 07-10-2012, 12:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post

so what exactly ARE they 'programmed' to do? We know the laundry list of things they aren't 'responsible' for already.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:

I'm not so sure I buy that. Is it proven there is a specific gene for that?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:07 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
yup try being in the NYC/ boston area
It is different for women too. With my relevant dating stats, in NYC I am a 6 and in OKC I am a 9.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Actually, there's some evidence that women aren't either. But in strongly patriarchal societies, they're expected to be. There's a male ownership mentality involved.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:44 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
My contribution to this thread is going to be short and very sweet and it's something that ALL men really need to do. Ready? Go!

GET THE HELL OFF THE DAMN ONLINE 'DATING' SITES NOW!

Do it NOW and never ever EVER look back. I swear... online dating has made many men absolutely BITTER and they continue to fail to realize that it is rigged AGAINST them. Period.

Just do it... NOW!
I agree. Thats why advise men to go out in the field and to use online dating as a supplement. You dont have to go out to bars or clubs. Go to restaurants, book stores, malls, apple stores, walmart etc..

There are a alot of pretty single women at those locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships