Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 08:24 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
either you're trolling or you NEVER seen the men on the internet dating sites. LMAO. you think they are all brad pitts on there I guess right?

(once again put the male on the pedestal and the women are somehow not worthy ). how convenient.
  • Not trolling its just life here in a big city. I'm sure places like NYC, DC, Boston and much of the NE have similar online dating attitudes. Unattractive guy looks like a creep while handsome guys are not, naive way for women to think. I met my fair share of women online they were never a 9, usually a five and below, but don't worry I still got mine. Some of the women I met where single moms, hoodrats and whatever looking for Mr. right to wisk them of their feet. I have many friends who are cute guys, handsome at best but are broke, kids all over the place high school dropout, but as well as ghetto meet women who are not proportional, some slim, fat, missing a finger, some with no face symmetry like if they had a stroke and the list goes on. The reason why they got to meet the women online is because of their good looks, usually a good looking man online is a huge ice breaker and deal breaker for majority of women who look for dates online. Do you think these women initially care about if you went to college, if you have a job/career, ever been to jail or if you have any kids, no because your cuteness hides a shady past. women are already enamored with your good looks. Later on a women will probably regret meeting and sleeping with the cute guy, however the process will repeat. A cute guy can boost a woman's ego in no time as well as inflate her head. Not all men are Brad Pitts, there is probably a small pool of cute handsome guys and these type of guys are the ones who are most likely to get a response back from an average chick online as well as he juggle multiple women. Even the other day I ran into a couple, short cute guy and tall chubby average woman, he told me he met her online because she thinks he is adorable. I rarely do online dating and if I do its something just to have fun with and not to take it seriously. M advice to the op is to have fun with online dating, take it lightly, and try the real world. At the moment wrorry about yourself and your job try to improve your looks and that's it. Overall try to avoid it and try real world Any this my experience with online dating. Cute guy + unattractive woman, nothing wrong with it. Besides I got more numbers offline than compared to online I know where my game stands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 08:52 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Consider the last 24 hours the last straw for me and dating. I sent about 15 messages to women on a couple of dating sites. Not just hey how are you , but I read through their profiles and found a couple of things we could connect on, but that still isn't enough. Nearly all of them looked at my profile and read my message and not a single response.

I'm facing facts here. I'm not physically attractive. I'm not very interesting. I'm never going to have what a girl wants. I've got to accept it, dating and me are never going to mix.

(Alcohol and frustration are beginning to wear off)

Okay, just what the makes ladies respond to you when you ain't got much that they want?
Wow 15 messages, thats a lot! Sarcasm...You know how many women I try to pick up each week? Probably like 1000(just guessing but i talk to every hot woman i see that walks by me). Its a numbers game. Lets just say 5% are interested and 5% of those %5 will actually work out.. 5% of 15 is roughly 1

You dont have to be good looking in your own eyes. I dont think im good looking but i bang chicks because i put myself out there a lot.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:28 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
  • Not trolling its just life here in a big city. I'm sure places like NYC, DC, Boston and much of the NE have similar online dating attitudes. Unattractive guy looks like a creep while handsome guys are not, naive way for women to think. I met my fair share of women online they were never a 9, usually a five and below, but don't worry I still got mine. Some of the women I met where single moms, hoodrats and whatever looking for Mr. right to wisk them of their feet. I have many friends who are cute guys, handsome at best but are broke, kids all over the place high school dropout, but as well as ghetto meet women who are not proportional, some slim, fat, missing a finger, some with no face symmetry like if they had a stroke and the list goes on. The reason why they got to meet the women online is because of their good looks, usually a good looking man online is a huge ice breaker and deal breaker for majority of women who look for dates online. Do you think these women initially care about if you went to college, if you have a job/career, ever been to jail or if you have any kids, no because your cuteness hides a shady past. women are already enamored with your good looks. Later on a women will probably regret meeting and sleeping with the cute guy, however the process will repeat. A cute guy can boost a woman's ego in no time as well as inflate her head. Not all men are Brad Pitts, there is probably a small pool of cute handsome guys and these type of guys are the ones who are most likely to get a response back from an average chick online as well as he juggle multiple women. Even the other day I ran into a couple, short cute guy and tall chubby average woman, he told me he met her online because she thinks he is adorable. I rarely do online dating and if I do its something just to have fun with and not to take it seriously. M advice to the op is to have fun with online dating, take it lightly, and try the real world. At the moment wrorry about yourself and your job try to improve your looks and that's it. Overall try to avoid it and try real world Any this my experience with online dating. Cute guy + unattractive woman, nothing wrong with it. Besides I got more numbers offline than compared to online I know where my game stands.
That's funny how you say people feel this way all over big cities because the internet dating sites are wildly popular. Also, almost everyone I know that is single has at least tried it once. Men think 'naively' about unattractive women too (case in point, you.)

You are very foolishly equating that some of those women who aren't 'classic beauties' either have no standards or don't deserve to have any. Women are either pretty or ugly to the males and how they get treated depends on which category they fall into. I beleive you should stay off the online dating site if you think so lowly of the women on there and have no trouble with your 'game' offline.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:52 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
  • Not trolling its just life here in a big city. I'm sure places like NYC, DC, Boston and much of the NE have similar online dating attitudes. Unattractive guy looks like a creep while handsome guys are not, naive way for women to think. I met my fair share of women online they were never a 9, usually a five and below, but don't worry I still got mine. Some of the women I met where single moms, hoodrats and whatever looking for Mr. right to wisk them of their feet. I have many friends who are cute guys, handsome at best but are broke, kids all over the place high school dropout, but as well as ghetto meet women who are not proportional, some slim, fat, missing a finger, some with no face symmetry like if they had a stroke and the list goes on.
  • The reason why they got to meet the women online is because of their good looks, usually a good looking man online is a huge ice breaker and deal breaker for majority of women who look for dates online. Do you think these women initially care about if you went to college, if you have a job/career, ever been to jail or if you have any kids, no because your cuteness hides a shady past. women are already enamored with your good looks.
  • Later on a women will probably regret meeting and sleeping with the cute guy, however the process will repeat. A cute guy can boost a woman's ego in no time as well as inflate her head. Not all men are Brad Pitts, there is probably a small pool of cute handsome guys and these type of guys are the ones who are most likely to get a response back from an average chick online as well as he juggle multiple women. Even the other day I ran into a couple, short cute guy and tall chubby average woman, he told me he met her online because she thinks he is adorable. I rarely do online dating and if I do its something just to have fun with and not to take it seriously. M advice to the op is to have fun with online dating, take it lightly, and try the real world. At the moment wrorry about yourself and your job try to improve your looks and that's it. Overall try to avoid it and try real world Any this my experience with online dating. Cute guy + unattractive woman, nothing wrong with it. Besides I got more numbers offline than compared to online I know where my game stands.
A sweeping statement about women.. Most are concerned about whats hidden, although there may be initial attraction to good looks.

But yeah..I agree, a certain type of women will. She may even be willing to overlook a shady, criminal past.

Look at Scott Peterson and Joran Van der Sloots female admirers. Obviously, some women don't care. They aren't necessarily the stereotypical low class trash one might imagine.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:

Really? I've found online to be a pretty good representative of how things are offline. Offline or online, there's going to be a lot more ugly people, a lot more people with issues etc etc.. just like online. It is going to be a little more difficult to get the attention of the hotter women, blah blah blah , good bad whatever.

I don't think there's really a problem with doing things either way. There's some really cool people that you can meet online, so to dismiss them all as bad is only inhibiting yourself. The worst possible thing you could do though is to stop trying to get women offline. Doing both is always best.

I don't get why you say that only the women online are ok with overlooking things due to looks though. That is so far from the truth it's not funny. I'd say MAJORITY of men and women will overlook many things (at least to begin with) due to the other person having good looks.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Really? I've found online to be a pretty good representative of how things are offline. Offline or online, there's going to be a lot more ugly people, a lot more people with issues etc etc.. just like online. It is going to be a little more difficult to get the attention of the hotter women, blah blah blah , good bad whatever.

I don't think there's really a problem with doing things either way. There's some really cool people that you can meet online, so to dismiss them all as bad is only inhibiting yourself. The worst possible thing you could do though is to stop trying to get women offline. Doing both is always best.

I don't get why you say that only the women online are ok with overlooking things due to looks though. That is so far from the truth it's not funny. I'd say MAJORITY of men and women will overlook many things (at least to begin with) due to the other person having good looks.
I agree with you.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
That's funny how you say people feel this way all over big cities because the internet dating sites are wildly popular. Also, almost everyone I know that is single has at least tried it once. Men think 'naively' about unattractive women too (case in point, you.)

You are very foolishly equating that some of those women who aren't 'classic beauties' either have no standards or don't deserve to have any. Women are either pretty or ugly to the males and how they get treated depends on which category they fall into. I beleive you should stay off the online dating site if you think so lowly of the women on there and have no trouble with your 'game' offline.
Of course internet sites are wildly popular in cities, but the complexities and dynamics of dating, meeting and hooking up have changed over the years. Dating is a womens game and not mans. Of course men think of unattractive women, case in point of me, but Im not looking to settle down I just wanna smash or if not try an LTR. As for classic beauties I dont need them if one floats my boat or gives me a benefit of a doubt I will take it, and make people in and around my circle jealous. I dont fancy classic beauties, they are out of my league. I do prefer a regular unattractive girl over a classic beauty in the longrun anyway, but unattractive women have selfesteem problems and always worried about phych or appearance, I could be wrong though. Even the women I met online were no where near wow hot, sexy beatufiul, but just regular chubby chicks who had problems with ex boyfriends, current boyfriends, insecurities, looking to upgrade to a different guy, looking for a guy to help be a father to their kids aswell as a guy to show off with family and friends to boost their ego and self esteem. One girl I met didnt evne care about guys with goodlooks anymore because the guys that were good looking left with three kids with three different baby fathers, no joke two of which she met online. I stick with mostly meeting women 75% real world and play with online dating 25% of the time. Wether attractive or unattractive women hold the power and its inbetween thier thighs.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:59 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
Quote:
I have to spread the rep around before repping you again, this post is spot on.

In the Northeast, you'll see far more grenades with attractive dudes (Esp Bronx, Philly, Boston, Jersey). I'd even say that if you look at the more educated regions in our country you'll commonly see these match ups which have their roots in PC shaming (that's just my opinion based on observations and experience).

I think online dating is a waste of time, and most people in my circle find it to be pathetic unless you're looking for a quick fling with someone who doesn't think that well of themselves. I agree, its cool if you want to have a little fun but that's about it. Its like eating crappy food, initially it tastes good but your body hates you for it later.

I think one of the biggest problems is that you have thirsty dudes with zero game and they hype a girls ego into the stratosphere because they're seeing the world from a scarcity mindset. A lot of these guys are the ones who populate these dating sites overwhelmingly. Girls sign up and they just get messages, what effort do they have to take if their value is raised artificially? You have a 4 or a 5 who acts like a 9, that's like a failing stock trying to compete with gold.

Its far more rewarding to meet women out on the street, whether its at a store, market, library etc. online dating is bad for both parties.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
I have to spread the rep around before repping you again, this post is spot on.

In the Northeast, you'll see far more grenades with attractive dudes (Esp Bronx, Philly, Boston, Jersey). I'd even say that if you look at the more educated regions in our country you'll commonly see these match ups which have their roots in PC shaming (that's just my opinion based on observations and experience).

I think online dating is a waste of time, and most people in my circle find it to be pathetic unless you're looking for a quick fling with someone who doesn't think that well of themselves. I agree, its cool if you want to have a little fun but that's about it. Its like eating crappy food, initially it tastes good but your body hates you for it later.

I think one of the biggest problems is that you have thirsty dudes with zero game and they hype a girls ego into the stratosphere because they're seeing the world from a scarcity mindset. A lot of these guys are the ones who populate these dating sites overwhelmingly. Girls sign up and they just get messages, what effort do they have to take if their value is raised artificially? You have a 4 or a 5 who acts like a 9, that's like a failing stock trying to compete with gold.

Its far more rewarding to meet women out on the street, whether its at a store, market, library etc. online dating is bad for both parties.

Hahaha, I will give you that much. The problem though, is it really such a big deal? I think even ugly girls deserve a little confidence booster here and there, so why not let em feel hot? I don't give em the time of day but hey, they can go there and find guys who want to hit on them.

I will however stick behind what I say that you CAN find some really cool people online. Of course it is always best to meet people in person, I think both can work as long as you don't get in over your head.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Hahaha, I will give you that much. The problem though, is it really such a big deal? I think even ugly girls deserve a little confidence booster here and there, so why not let em feel hot? I don't give em the time of day but hey, they can go there and find guys who want to hit on them.

I will however stick behind what I say that you CAN find some really cool people online. Of course it is always best to meet people in person, I think both can work as long as you don't get in over your head.
Lol, point taken.

I can see if you meet a girl, and you genuinely have something with her and she deserves the praise then give it. I can't say the same for a good deal of the people you'll find on ok cupid or pof (aka land of a million trolls).

Last edited by wordlife; 07-11-2012 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: I really had to emphasize the "deserves" part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships