Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Online isn't a good place for a 20 something male to meet women unless you are incredibly good looking. You are writing to the same women men slightly older than you are often writing, and they have the stat that matters most - stability in the way of a better defined career. (Or to be more blunt about it, they have more money than you.)

You are better off meeting women in real life where you have the opportunity to present a charming personality; right now you are just a picture, a height stat and a job, all of which are outmatched by other men. If you insist on staying the course with online dating, you probably will be better off writing to less physically desirable women, because the cute thin ones are going to feel they can do better than you. And despite the fact that most women will disagree with me, having more money puts you at a distinct advantage.

One other thing, if you have a negative, argumentative handle like the one you use here, I suggest you change it. I would not open a message from a guy calling himself The Dissenter or anything else that sounds like your life is just one long debate or a challenge.
I disagree here, all of the girls that I've met in their early 20s have not cared at all about my job. I make decent money with what I do, but hey I'm 24 years old and still a student in college after taking off some time. I also work full time, I make pretty good money but I'm by NO means rich hahah. You don't have to be rich to meet women online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,944 times
My contribution to this thread is going to be short and very sweet and it's something that ALL men really need to do. Ready? Go!

GET THE HELL OFF THE DAMN ONLINE 'DATING' SITES NOW!

Do it NOW and never ever EVER look back. I swear... online dating has made many men absolutely BITTER and they continue to fail to realize that it is rigged AGAINST them. Period.

Just do it... NOW!

Old 07-10-2012, 12:11 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I disagree here, all of the girls that I've met in their early 20s have not cared at all about my job. I make decent money with what I do, but hey I'm 24 years old and still a student in college after taking off some time. I also work full time, I make pretty good money but I'm by NO means rich hahah. You don't have to be rich to meet women online.
You are in Michigan, and he is in DC. Location counts for a whole lot.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You are in Michigan, and he is in DC. Location counts for a whole lot.

Why? I am positive I'd do just as good in any other city in the United States.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:14 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
One thing you could try is join some kind of singles club. Also if it is financially possible go on a singles cruise and let loose a little. Try to interact with others. You will be outside your everyday enviroment and that sometimes is what you need. You have nothing to loose.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Income and/or class disparities, dominant industries of the region, cost of living, and male to female ratios to name a few.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Exactly, and what loves mountains is missing is that I've done everything she's suggesting (therapy, mentor, coach, support groups, and the list goes on and on and on). I'm also not a whiner, its just my interpretation of the FACTS that I am stating.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay it any mind, you know your own life....makes no sense to me, that you should take (mostly successful) experiences from someone else's situation and then use that as a measure for your own future success. as opposed to interpreting the facts of what actually happened to you and using that.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:16 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,944 times
Quote:
Well, in all fairness, OngletNYC does have a point. I'm in the DC area and I can tell you based on experience that it IS much more difficult here. It's not like trying to date in GR, or Lansing, or even in SE MI - yes, I am familiar with the state as I have friends and family there and it's definitely 'lighter' there than here when it comes to meeting people and dating... no question.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Consider the last 24 hours the last straw for me and dating. I sent about 15 messages to women on a couple of dating sites. Not just hey how are you , but I read through their profiles and found a couple of things we could connect on, but that still isn't enough. Nearly all of them looked at my profile and read my message and not a single response.

I'm facing facts here. I'm not physically attractive. I'm not very interesting. I'm never going to have what a girl wants. I've got to accept it, dating and me are never going to mix.

(Alcohol and frustration are beginning to wear off)

Okay, just what the makes ladies respond to you when you ain't got much that they want?
The problem is that you're using online dating in Northern Virginia. Been there, done that, don't waste your time. Online dating in this area is chaulk full of overweight pallid midwestern politicos who think their low paying non-profit poverty wages make them the shiznit. They go to these dating sites and get their egos puffed up by men like youself and (at one time) me, who would never EVER get talked to in the real world (like at a bar,etc).

Do what I did. Man up, join a club and talk to women. I'm an 8 dating 7-9s now, but could only get 4-6s to respond online if I was lucky. What does that tell you? Worst case is, I suck at online dating: woe is me in that case. But I'm doing great now meeting ladies the good old fashioned way.

Also by the way, online dating=BAGGGGGGGGGGGAGE.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:25 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Women cheat at higher rates than men, FWIW. To be perfectly honest, the fact that its easier for them, may have something to do with it. Cheating isnt gender based, and neither gender should be slammed for it. cheater is a cheater, man or a woman.
I don't believe this one bit. Men (not all men, but quite a few) are always looking for opportunities. So many married or committed guys have flirted with me while their SO's were there with them, it's shaken up my view of men. Someone on another thread posted that actually, men and women cheat in equal proportions. I'd like to see some official stats on this question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships