Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times

Advertisements

Some people claim to want to throw the radio out the window when they hear country music playing.. does that mean one of those people has no taste in music? I can't even bring myself to reply past two sentences lol..sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 PM

216 posts, read 449,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
So then I take it you are on the outside of that hipster scene? And I'm guessing you don't dance, don't know what to do with beat/rthymic(sp) music?

Even if I hated that kind of music, it would be a plus for a chick to be into it. Shows she isn't stodgy or boring and can probably enjoy herself on the dance floor (and in the bedroom?).

Wait until you get older, you'll meet women who don't do music at all! Imagine dating someone who would not enjoy a concert of any kind. Or thinks you are throwing money away buying music.

I'd date her and maybe try to like some of that music. Syths are not evil, if Mozart and Bach were alive today, they'd be using synths and eschewing the limits of gitar, drums and bass.
Nah, I'm "hipster-lite" I guess you could say. I don't wear stupid glasses or a toque in summer, but I can understand the hipsters and the way that scene has developed. Lord knows Vancouver is full of these people.
As a teenager I evolved from the late 90's-early 2000's scene of rock like metallica, system of a down and listening to a lot of hip-hop as well
(dre, snoop, mobb deep, wu-tang etc etc.) I now find myself listening to a lot of slightly mellower stuff like Iron & Wine, Old Crow Medicine Show, god knows how many other artists that are roots-y and a little more folk. As I get older I'm liking the "americana" sound a lot more. Lots of guitars, good lyrics and a catch ybeat.....
I dunno, havent talked to her since and it was like 3 weeks ago. She was kinda cool, she said she loved the outddors, going camping and going for hikes. Every single woman says that when you're on a date, but she knew certain trails and specific information about them so I tend to believe she actually set foot on them.
I'll just keep swingin' for the fences see what turns up!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Well, I'm into classical music. Try finding a woman who likes *that*! And I'm not talking about going to the symphony for an evening out, I'm talking about a woman who actually listens to classical music on regular basis.
I have a music degree (just as AA) and spent a LOT of time listening to classical music, and still do to this day.

Try finding a person who listens to video game music in symphonic form...that's a toughie. So far, I've found one person who shares that interest with me

Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a music degree (just as AA) and spent a LOT of time listening to classical music, and still do to this day.

Try finding a person who listens to video game music in symphonic form...that's a toughie. So far, I've found one person who shares that interest with me
Make that 2.

At least someone through the internet lol.

I sometimes listen to video game music when I'm in a certain mood.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I find it so painful to watch how some of the people here look at life
Some people are so intolerant, all while screaming....JUST ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM!

Hey, my comment on the painful screaming music....hey, fine...as long as I don't have to listen to it. I've let it be known that if they put one of those screaming CDs in my stereo, when I'm home, it's THEIR fault if I get angry. It makes me angry...I don't know why, but it does. It's like that show, "The Incredible Hulk"...BAM! That screaming starts and I get pi$$ed! LOL Funny.....but true!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:38 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Some people are so intolerant, all while screaming....JUST ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM!

My point exactly, thanks

Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Quote:
My point exactly, thanks
You two. Good grief, I'll leave it at that.

Her lack of openness to other music genres is a problem. His pain in listening to the music of the ONLY genre of music she likes is a problem. I think the OP has sufficient reason to not pursue this any further.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 10-04-2012 at 07:38 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Lets see..
1) because she isn't very expressive of her emotions. She told me once the secret was to 'supress them'...as if that's healthy behaviour.
2) because she's bigged boned.
3) another because she's big boned.
4) because she doesn't like me like that...thinks I'm a jerk and a creep...nevermind the fact she owed me $30...and I just became short with her because she refuses (still) to pay up.
5) another because she's big boned.
6) I would date her...but she moves too slow for me.
7) because I like her friend more.
8) because she's on again off again always..and I lose patience.
9) another because she's big boned.
10) another because she's big boned and I like her friend more.
11) because she gets around. Not interested in sloppy seventeenths...

Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Huh? People that like rnb have a certain attitude, personality or style? Really? Because of "culture." Um sure.......

**I know lots of white people that listen to rnb
**I know rednecks that listen to rnb (guess what, we don't have much in common in culture or style)
**I know wealthy Europeans that listen to rnb, and guess what we aren't all that similar in culture either

There are a few things someone's taste in music tells you:
1. if they only listen to one kind of music, and refuse to listen to something else, that close-mindedness tends to transfer to other areas in their life
2. If they are open to listening to many types of music, that open-mindedness tends to translate to other areas of their life
3. People who refuse to compromise on the radio station choice probably do not compromise in other areas of life
4. If you don't have any overlap in terms of taste in music, and music appreciation, and if one of your favorite social activities is listening to music or going to concerts, than it is probably a bad fit.

People of all personalities, styles, cultures and attitudes listen to all types of music. Not all people who listen to heavy metal are anarchists or anti-christianity. Not all people who listen to techno are drug addicted ravers. Not all people who listen to rap/hip hop are gangster thugs. Not all people who listen to contemporary christian music are evangelicals.......

A lot of people can be rounded and like several types of music, I like several myself (except for RnB of course), but what I'm saying is, I'm just not compatible with someone that likes a majority of RnB. Never have been and never will be. I can't deny it. If youre the type of person that just likes "top 40's", then they seem to all get along.

For arguments sake. Let's take something that is really into death metal for instance, you think there is any chance in hell they are going to get along with someone that is really into RnB. it's a completely different personality, and lifestyle. (Of course anything is possible, but it would be so slim).

Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
I like certain American classics like Johnny Cash.... sigh....

I also like classical and instrumental music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships