Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by telex_610 View Post
Nah, I'm "hipster-lite" I guess you could say. I don't wear stupid glasses or a toque in summer, but I can understand the hipsters and the way that scene has developed. Lord knows Vancouver is full of these people.
As a teenager I evolved from the late 90's-early 2000's scene of rock like metallica, system of a down and listening to a lot of hip-hop as well
(dre, snoop, mobb deep, wu-tang etc etc.) I now find myself listening to a lot of slightly mellower stuff like Iron & Wine, Old Crow Medicine Show, god knows how many other artists that are roots-y and a little more folk. As I get older I'm liking the "americana" sound a lot more. Lots of guitars, good lyrics and a catch ybeat.....
I dunno, havent talked to her since and it was like 3 weeks ago. She was kinda cool, she said she loved the outddors, going camping and going for hikes. Every single woman says that when you're on a date, but she knew certain trails and specific information about them so I tend to believe she actually set foot on them.
I'll just keep swingin' for the fences see what turns up!
..."hipster-lite" and americana, may I suggest what I'm listening to now. Pela and We are Augustines. Pela disbanded and some of htem formed We are Augustines. Both hail from BK and have a American indie rock something going on, that just sounds better the more you listen. Turned into one of my favorite bands, and live...the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Lets see..
1) because she isn't very expressive of her emotions. She told me once the secret was to 'supress them'...as if that's healthy behaviour.
2) because she's bigged boned.
3) another because she's big boned.
4) because she doesn't like me like that...thinks I'm a jerk and a creep...nevermind the fact she owed me $30...and I just became short with her because she refuses (still) to pay up.
5) another because she's big boned.
6) I would date her...but she moves too slow for me.
7) because I like her friend more.
8) because she's on again off again always..and I lose patience.
9) another because she's big boned.
10) another because she's big boned and I like her friend more.
11) because she gets around. Not interested in sloppy seventeenths...
Hahahaha!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:48 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You two. Good grief, I'll leave it at that.

Her lack of openness to other music genres is a problem. His pain in listening to the music of the ONLY genre of music she likes is a problem. I think the OP has sufficient reason to not pursue this any further.
Clearly the music is going to be a serious problem, for them both. Move on! I mean, if she HATES every other kind of music and HE hates the only thing she likes....yeah, big problem. LOL Hey, I liked all kinds of music, even country.....and married a guy who HATED anything but country. Oops....didn't last, that's for sure! LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM

633 posts, read 723,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a music degree (just as AA) and spent a LOT of time listening to classical music, and still do to this day.

Try finding a person who listens to video game music in symphonic form...that's a toughie. So far, I've found one person who shares that interest with me
Have you played final fantasy 8? by far the best game theme EVER!!! And I also am not alone when I say - BEST GAME INTRO EVER!!

Exhibit a:

Final Fantasy VIII Intro - YouTube

Actually disappointed was not able to watch the live orchestra they did a concert near me, found out too late. ugh.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
Have you played final fantasy 8? by far the best game theme EVER!!! And I also am not alone when I say - BEST GAME INTRO EVER!!

Exhibit a:

Final Fantasy VIII Intro - YouTube

Actually disappointed was not able to watch the live orchestra they did a concert near me, found out too late. ugh.
FF6 is by far my favorite of the franchise. 8 was fun, but I don't think it compared to 6

I went and saw a Zelda compilation done by the SF Philharmonic a few years ago...it was INCREDIBLE.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
FF6 is by far my favorite of the franchise. 8 was fun, but I don't think it compared to 6

I went and saw a Zelda compilation done by the SF Philharmonic a few years ago...it was INCREDIBLE.
I don't what you guys say but number 10 was my favorite

Final Fantasy X OST : To Zanarkand - YouTube

Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
6!!

I couldn't play it enough times! Loved 6!!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 PM

633 posts, read 723,691 times
LOL. FF6 graphics is too cartoony can't play those kind of games like midgets? LOL! Actually my fave is FF8 coz it's the very first I played of the series, 2nd is ff12 just coz ive been playing it for 3 yrs now and have not finished it yet. battle boss takes 5 hrs or more accdg to walkthrough but have not done those long battle boss yet.

I tend to have soft spot to the first game i played on game series because that's mainly the reason I became a fan of the series coz I liked that very first game I played like my fave is RE3 - nemesis in resident evil. And Jill Valentine is my hero!!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 PM

216 posts, read 448,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
..."hipster-lite" and americana, may I suggest what I'm listening to now. Pela and We are Augustines. Pela disbanded and some of htem formed We are Augustines. Both hail from BK and have a American indie rock something going on, that just sounds better the more you listen. Turned into one of my favorite bands, and live...the best
I'm really digging this band! just sampled a few tracks off youtube, they have a nice sound.

*sigh* maybe I am an a-hole about the music thing, but I just don't know. It's crazy how my tastes have gone from mainstream commercial metal/rock/rap/hip-hop as a teen to developing into something more mellow and definitely independent....
For everyone saying "Give her a chance despite the dubstep": The fact that she said she only listens to that, and refused to listen to other genres and called them inferior(I'm hearing crap) means I just don't think it would have worked out.
Thanks for all the responses guys

Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by telex_610 View Post
I'm really digging this band! just sampled a few tracks off youtube, they have a nice sound.

*sigh* maybe I am an a-hole about the music thing, but I just don't know. It's crazy how my tastes have gone from mainstream commercial metal/rock/rap/hip-hop as a teen to developing into something more mellow and definitely independent....
For everyone saying "Give her a chance despite the dubstep": The fact that she said she only listens to that, and refused to listen to other genres and called them inferior(I'm hearing crap) means I just don't think it would have worked out.
Thanks for all the responses guys

As the poster UnexpectedError pointed out, you should "consider this an opportunity to expand your horizons and maybe help expand hers as well", since you really did like other things about her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships