Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My dog LOVES being dressed up...she actually won't go outside if it's cold out unless she's wearing a jacket/sweater and boots, if it's cold enough.

She's the worst pit bull ever.

I understand the jackets/raincoats b/c of the weather but some of these other accessories, like 'special' bags to carry them in are just weird to me. It's more about the bag then the dog from what I've seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Nope, he's a greyhound so too big to wear clothes, though he does have a coat he wears when it is cold outside. The greyhound rescue group I adopted him from told me he needed it because they don't have much fur. I have been known to dress up my cat from time to time though (he hides when I do this).

nice dogs especially after racing and then retiring. but their poop is probably huge & I already hate picking it up.....got a 'mini pin.' LOL. People say their breed is mixed with greyhounds.

check online because I have seen people making clothes for greyhounds. But if he doesn't need it, then why buy em.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
nice dogs especially after racing and then retiring. but their poop is probably huge & I already hate picking it up.....got a 'mini pin.' LOL. People say their breed is mixed with greyhounds.

check online because I have seen people making clothes for greyhounds. But if he doesn't need it, then why buy em.
He's a great dog though his bad habit is waking me up every night around 4am or so. He wears a coat when it's cold but outside of that he goes naked. They do make shoes for them but I see no purpose with those.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times
From single parents to dogs? Not that much of a deviation now that I think about it.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:03 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Although, I love kids, I will save the drama for my momma.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Um if your 45 and never had anything....your info lays flat.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:53 AM

70 posts, read 88,983 times
I don't want my own children. It wouldn't make any sense for me to date someone who has their own.

Also, I really just would not want any part in the drama. I have a stepmother and stepbrother. Never liked either of them and they did not like me. The latter, I haven't even seen since I was 16 because he got arrested.

There is more than enough drama in my family as it is. I really don't need anymore.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:35 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Haha you are going to have to elaborate on that analogy.

On another note, that's when i'll start having success with women... the day the coyote catches the road runner.

There's gotta be an Acme product for you.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:01 PM

1,976 posts, read 1,942,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Why are kids a deal-breaker for you? I notice this more with men who won't date single mothers, although it can happen with women not dating single dads as well. Is it because the kids themselves drive you nuts and you don't like having them around? Or is it for financial reasons, because you fear that your significant other would guilt you into helping financially support a kid who is not yours? Or is there some other reason i have not thought of?
it is deal breaker because i want to create my own family and have a legacy.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:37 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye Star View Post
I don't want my own children. It wouldn't make any sense for me to date someone who has their own.

Also, I really just would not want any part in the drama. I have a stepmother and stepbrother. Never liked either of them and they did not like me. The latter, I haven't even seen since I was 16 because he got arrested.

There is more than enough drama in my family as it is. I really don't need anymore.
Way too many people have this delusion where the stepparents will connect with the step kids and everyone will live happily forever. The reality is this rarely happens in all the times I have known blended families. The rate of divorce is higher between childless/parent than any other group and it's because its is difficult to be childless and walk into a ready made family. It's easier when both people have kids since they understand the other but still isn't like what we see on the Brady Bunch where the new step parents love the step kids like they do their own kids. A childless person is risking a lot to marry a parent, from seeing their own money go to help support the other family to their dreams taking a backseat to the other family to dealing with drama they had no role in but get caught up in it. I see no good reason for a childless person to marry a parent except they are desperate and feel they can get no better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships