Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 08:53 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times

Advertisements

Dating someone and raising their kids is a completely different thing. I've dated several divorced / single mothers and never once had to raise or provide for any of the children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 09:03 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
I don't like kids. Simple as that.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:04 PM

240 posts, read 240,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
The biggest reason I can think of is that the single adult dating a singe parent will NEVER be number one in their life,

In EVERY single case of a single parent their children is their single priority. There is nothing wrong in this, in fact it is biologically correct. However it is a barrier only the desperate will lose in.

This. I always find it odd that in online dating profiles, a lot of the single mothers will say something like, "My child(ren) are my number one priority, if you can't handle that, then keep moving!"

It's such a turnoff.

I just imagine in my head, "The highest priority you'll ever be in my life is #2, barring anything else important going on in my life. So really, you may drop down to #4, 5 or 6 if conditions are right."

Meh...no thanks...pass.

Also, on my local POF, there are at least a couple of women who are under 30 and have 4 (!!!) children, and there ad title is something to the effect of "tired of lies and games," or "where are all the good men???!?!?!"

Meh...I'll pass on those, too.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
This. I always find it odd that in online dating profiles, a lot of the single mothers will say something like, "My child(ren) are my number one priority, if you can't handle that, then keep moving!"

It's such a turnoff.

Interesting. While I find the phrasing a turn off, the idea of course is accurate. I wouldn't want to date a mother that didn't have her child be her number one priority. I wouldn't have respect for her if she put me ahead of the kid.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:45 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
As you get older the chance of finding a woman or man who hasn't been married of has children is slim

You'd just be shrinking your dating pool

Old 05-19-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Interesting. While I find the phrasing a turn off, the idea of course is accurate. I wouldn't want to date a mother that didn't have her child be her number one priority. I wouldn't have respect for her if she put me ahead of the kid.
You're right, the idea is accurate. But then the question becomes, why would a man, all things being equal, want to date her?

I think dating single mothers is for guys with fewer options. Because, again, given the choice between kids/no kids....a single guy with no kids will pick the childless woman almost every time.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
As you get older the chance of finding a woman or man who hasn't been married of has children is slim

Definitely true. Which is why, at 35, I mostly just don't date anymore.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

Good to know. I never want to date a woman who is divorced or have children.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:

It's such a turnoff.

I just imagine in my head, "The highest priority you'll ever be in my life is #2, barring anything else important going on in my life. So really, you may drop down to #4, 5 or 6 if conditions are right."

Meh...no thanks...pass.

Also, on my local POF, there are at least a couple of women who are under 30 and have 4 (!!!) children, and there ad title is something to the effect of "tired of lies and games," or "where are all the good men???!?!?!"

Meh...I'll pass on those, too.
Everything you named is a complete red flag. I wouldn't want anything to do with women like that either.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
You're right, the idea is accurate. But then the question becomes, why would a man, all things being equal, want to date her?

I think dating single mothers is for guys with fewer options. Because, again, given the choice between kids/no kids....a single guy with no kids will pick the childless woman almost every time.

Well, you may be right, but that isn't me. In some ways dating a mother is more preferable. Mainly due to the time demands. She has less free time so there is less demand on my time to go out. Once, maybe twice a week we have a date and that is all that they can fit in and all I usually want no matter how much I like her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships