Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can see a branch industry developing, in relation to prostitution. Hookers who can cook. For an extra fee, she'll make you a home-cooked meal after the sex. Heaven, for men!
LOL! I know! And this was an internet person, who seemed perfectly normal on paper. Did community service. Did school plays to help kids with self esteem. Standup comic.....

First I thought it was all a joke...but I realized he was totally serious!

There were a host of other "red flags" too. All I have to say is you really never know until you meet people. A lot of people come off as "normal."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Last time I saw the new guy I am dating (steps away from bf status, I will add), cooking came up. I asked him if he likes oxtails because I love to make and eat them, and his eyes lit up. He said he has been looking for a place that serves them for months.

I love to cook, for myself and other people. And trust me, men LOVE it when I cook for them. I thin they all enjoy it. And really, if you eat out or eat convenience foods everyday, you are probably fat. It makes sense to know how to feed yourself. In an emergency I can kill, clean and cook an animal. I can gather food too.
It wouldn't let me rep you agian.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I find it strange that so many women are actually proud of their inability to cook. I see it right on this thread. Since when is a lack of ability something to be proud of?
It's part of the dumbing down of our country.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Part of the feminist movement.

"I can do what I want! No cooky foe me!"

Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:

In my opinion, not really a PART of the feminist movement but some sort of cutting your nose of to spite your face misunderstanding of feminism.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcatcher View Post
I am Sicilian, my wife is English, Scotch and Welsh. After the first meal she cooked for me when we were married I said, "Honey you cook like a white girl. Let me take care of the cooking". Worked for 24 years.
LOL! Wow.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I went out with a guy once who was older than me and didn't know how to cook. (After asking me if I can cook) He said he thought it was the woman's job to cook and didn't bother learning because his mom cooked and his ex-wife did too.

I thought that was a really good reason not to go out with him again. Who knows what other gender stereotypes were lurking back there.....
I had a male friend like this. He invited me over to see his new place and to order carry outs. I asked him if he was learning to cook and he said no because when he married it would be his new wife's job. He is a big time misogynist who uses the bible to justify this and it's the main reason we were never serious.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,454 times
Quote:

Or sewing....heck my girl will sit in the AC watching soap opera and after I've busted my arse mowing the grass in near 100 degree heat and after fixing dinner she'll finally ask," Hey you need some help?", after everythings done of course.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
But cooking well is something I'd expect of most everyone.
Right, it ain't rocket science.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Or sewing....heck my girl will sit in the AC watching soap opera and after I've busted my arse mowing the grass in near 100 degree heat and after fixing dinner she'll finally ask," Hey you need some help?", after everythings done of course.

Sewing is not as useful a skill as it once was. Making clothes is no longer frugal. But why would you put up with your gf doing that? Sounds pretty ****ty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships