Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,524 times

Advertisements

sixy, me too !! i get terrible cramps for a few days a month and with the cervicoul mucous ugh....i even have to wear a pad sometimes.. TMI sorry!!

so thats why i thought ovulation was a few days thing. ugh the joys of womanhood.

op, what if u told her that u wasnt american that u were trying to be a citizen but u arent yet... i wonder if she would suddenly not be pregnant. its worth a try at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
op, what if u told her that u wasnt american that u were trying to be a citizen but u arent yet... i wonder if she would suddenly not be pregnant. its worth a try at this point.
I like this. It's cheaper and less inconvenient than making a bee-line for Belize.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,524 times
ruth4truth,

a bee-line for belize?! lol now that was funny!

hey its really worth a shot. nxt time she calls u, or txt u asking to hang out tell her you are realllly busy trying to get all the immigration forms u need to start the process of becoming a us citizen.

if she says "what about ure profile it said from usa" just say, "oh i just said that but its not true. then say, if i was a us citizen then why am i here in mexico?

her pregnancy will end before u guys finish the conversation. lol

Old 02-02-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post

if she says "what about ure profile it said from usa" just say, "oh i just said that but its not true. then say, if i was a us citizen then why am i here in mexico?
Right, he could say he just put that on his profile to snag girls easier, and because he's hoping to get a visa for the US.

Well, I still think that when push comes to shove, the best way to get out of this (if she tries to make any claims on him) is for him to leave the country.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 PM

36 posts, read 66,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right, he could say he just put that on his profile to snag girls easier, and because he's hoping to get a visa for the US.

Well, I still think that when push comes to shove, the best way to get out of this (if she tries to make any claims on him) is for him to leave the country.
This was obviously the first thought that came to mind when all this started (of $hit, now I have to leave Mexico). So I'm glad others agree that this would be a viable option and not be a complete deadbeat, piece of $hit thing to do. My conscious might have a difficult time with it because of the slight slight chance that this baby could be mine. But it might come to this. After all, she has told me that she doesn't want anything from me in terms of child support or even involvement in the potential child's life. So that would justify leaving if it comes to that. But then I have to live not knowing for sure if I have a kid running around there somewhere. It will be like Broken Flowers--I will receive a letter in 20 years saying hey, you have a son, and he's on his way to see you...

Old 02-02-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Leon View Post
This was obviously the first thought that came to mind when all this started (of $hit, now I have to leave Mexico). So I'm glad others agree that this would be a viable option and not be a complete deadbeat, piece of $hit thing to do. My conscious might have a difficult time with it because of the slight slight chance that this baby could be mine. But it might come to this. After all, she has told me that she doesn't want anything from me in terms of child support or even involvement in the potential child's life. So that would justify leaving if it comes to that. But then I have to live not knowing for sure if I have a kid running around there somewhere. It will be like Broken Flowers--I will receive a letter in 20 years saying hey, you have a son, and he's on his way to see you...
She wouldn't be able to prove it without your DNA to match, though. But let's say she wasn't already pregnant when she contacted you. Let's say she was just after a North American who could provide her with a cushy lifestyle, and getting pregnant was her intended trap. She got herself into this (if it's real, which is highly doubtful, because you used condoms and were careful), she got involved with the premeditated intent to use you. So, I don't see that it's a douchy thing to do to walk out on the kid, if there were a kid that was actually yours. Others may disagree, but really, this is obvious entrapment. And yes, you were foolish enough to fall for her approach, but you did take precautions. If you'd had a legit affair with a peer, a pregnancy resulted, and then you walked out on her, that would be different. Again, I may take fire for this, but that's how I see it. I suppose that if you knew you had offspring out there somewhere, you might want to ensure a decent life for the kid. But there's no way to know it's yours without getting overly involved in this drama. And the chances are 99% in your favor. Her claims about ultrasounds, etc., just don't add up.

The more involved you get, the easier it will be for her to pin it on you. If you go with her to the doc's office, the doc can testify in the future: "oh yes, the father came to an ultrasound appointment". Ask her to mail you the ultrasound report. This is the perfect time of year to hang out in Belize, btw. Do you like snorkling?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
She wouldn't be able to prove it without your DNA to match, though. But let's say she wasn't already pregnant when she contacted you. Let's say she was just after a North American who could provide her with a cushy lifestyle, and getting pregnant was her intended trap. She got herself into this (if it's real, which is highly doubtful, because you used condoms and were careful), she got involved with the premeditated intent to use you. So, I don't see that it's a douchy thing to do to walk out on the kid, if there were a kid that was actually yours. Others may disagree, but really, this is obvious entrapment. And yes, you were foolish enough to fall for her approach, but you did take precautions. If you'd had a legit affair with a peer, a pregnancy resulted, and then you walked out on her, that would be different. Again, I may take fire for this, but that's how I see it. I suppose that if you knew you had offspring out there somewhere, you might want to ensure a decent life for the kid. But there's no way to know it's yours without getting overly involved in this drama. And the chances are 99% in your favor. Her claims about ultrasounds, etc., just don't add up.

The more involved you get, the easier it will be for her to pin it on you. If you go with her to the doc's office, the doc can testify in the future: "oh yes, the father came to an ultrasound appointment". Ask her to mail you the ultrasound report. This is the perfect time of year to hang out in Belize, btw. Do you like snorkling?
Definitely, I love snorkeling! LOL. You're right about not going with her to the Dr. Today I emailed her to request a copy of the Dr. report about the sonogram. I was very cordial, apologized for insulting her. Told her this was all just a shock to me. And I'm curious to see the ultrasound report because I don't know much about pregnancy. We'll see how she responds. But aside from that, I plan to have zero interaction with her at all in the future. And by the way, I doubt customs officials would prevent me from leaving the country because of a legal issue over paternity rights. I can always say it's a short business trip and I'm returning in a week. I don't really feel trapped at all, but really just want to get to the bottom of the whole thing!!!

Old 02-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Leon View Post
I don't really feel trapped at all, but really just want to get to the bottom of the whole thing!!!
I could be wrong, but it's this wanting to get to the bottom of it that worries me. She has you hooked. You sound like you can't leave until you find out if it's yours or not. That's how she's going to entrap you, by getting you to stick around. The chances are miniscule that it's yours. We'll see how she reacts to the sonogram request. That may tell us everything we need to know. You can also try the angle suggested by Mandy, telling her you're not a US citizen yet, you're just now filling out your application for a visa, and see how she reacts. But I think within another week or so, things will shape up enough to give you the answer you need. And at that point, you can leave, and put this all behind you.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:53 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
You need to contact an attorney ASAP as how to proceed. Personally, I would not meet with her until it was cleared by my attorney.

My gut feeling on this situation is that she was pregnant when the two of you hooked up. That's why she was so eager to hop into bed with you, looking for a baby daddy to pay the bills.

Be very cool, and distant until paternity is established. Not one red cent to her, either until then.
Agree, you need to contact an attorney. My gut is she was either pregnant before, or she never was, but if you start talking about abortion, then she'll claim to get one, and ask you for money, with no proof left to say if it was yours or not.

You sound like if she really is pregnant, and it's verified yours, that you'll do the right thing. If that's true, then find out how to protect yourself, find out the truth, and then once the truth his known, do the right thing.

There are SO MANY ways you could get scammed here, or maybe you got her pregnant. Until you know facts, this is all just here-say.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I could be wrong, but it's this wanting to get to the bottom of it that worries me. She has you hooked. You sound like you can't leave until you find out if it's yours or not. That's how she's going to entrap you, by getting you to stick around. The chances are miniscule that it's yours. We'll see how she reacts to the sonogram request. That may tell us everything we need to know. You can also try the angle suggested by Mandy, telling her you're not a US citizen yet, you're just now filling out your application for a visa, and see how she reacts. But I think within another week or so, things will shape up enough to give you the answer you need. And at that point, you can leave, and put this all behind you.
God I hope so. Perhaps you're right about her hooking me. I do feel hooked. Perhaps the best route to take is wait for the answer about the sonogram and then, regardless, completely remove myself from the situation. Thanks, Ruth4Truth. Your advice is really helpful and appreciated more than you can imagine. I feel really lucky to have people on this forum that genuinely care about the outcome of my situation. You're awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships